Blue Shorts

GerryDaly

19 hours ago, GerryDaly said:

I don't mind the Black and White stuff .. 

But Fulham and Spurs do this and Notts County .. 

We had a cool kit in the 70's and it mirrored Englands kit for a very short time ... when we had Englands ' central defence nailed .. lol 

White top .. BLUE shorts ... white socks with bits of red ... 

This kit was and is cool ... and was successful  ... 

Just wondering how DCFC fans would feel regarding  a return to the blue shorts ect .... ? 

I have long campaigned for blue shorts and red numbers on this site. Of course it's an option we should try for a few seasons and see if we can be successful again.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Clough who introduced dark blue shorts in 1971 (intended to inspire his players to play as if they were turning out for England) as well as a new crest, which consisted of a modernistic line drawing of a ram. For a club that had played in a virtually unchanged strip for more than 70 years these were radical departures and a much needed breath of fresh air associated with success.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Derby_County/Derby_County.htm

That wasn't something I realised.  I started watching them around that time so to be honest I thought we always played in navy blue.  the age before the internet no fuss was made about it

No contest, black and white for me with a 2nd kit reflecting the very early days of light blue, amber and brown, maybe as vertical stripes with white v neck and shirt cuffs. If I knew how I would produce an image but maybe some computer wiz could do it.

47 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I have long campaigned for blue shorts and red numbers on this site. Of course it's an option we should try for a few seasons and see if we can be successful again.

Keep campaigning Carl - and don't forget the yellow strip to go with it - worn by King Kev of the Pop Side

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I know you're not being serious. The colour of our shorts can't possible influence our results so, no point trying it for a few seasons.

18 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I dont care if the shorts are dark blue or black .. If we could only pass, move, overlap and play a first time ball like that lot we'd walk this league. Just look at some of the interplay and the way they want the ball and make themselves available to receive it. ( phew .. great stuff even now ) 

.. Sit the team down and make them watch that video, then remind them the ball was heavier and the pitches like glue. 

4 hours ago, loweman2 said:

I happen to know that we have ended the deal with that sponsor at the end of the season, they are moving onto bigger things away from DCFC !

That's ended early then, wasn't it a 5 year deal? Must be down to lack of shirt sales then, I see less of the recent shirts away from match days. This news along with the Ipro deal suggests that our choice of sponsors is picked by our recruitment team :whistle:

it would be great to have a local sponsor again.

19 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I prefer blue and white too, I remember we had the ad campaign of going back to black, I assumed it was just for the season!

Most of all though, I want the multi-blue away kit back.

derbyaway.jpg.8de58984a7657cca53f2b1ec6c8b430d.jpg

Ah the memories of Ted McMinn and bizarrely Steve Cross in this one

1 hour ago, Seth's left foot said:

That's ended early then, wasn't it a 5 year deal? Must be down to lack of shirt sales then, I see less of the recent shirts away from match days. This news along with the Ipro deal suggests that our choice of sponsors is picked by our recruitment team :whistle:

it would be great to have a local sponsor again.

No it was a 3 year deal that ends this season.

http://mobile.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/just-eat-announced-as-derby-countys-new-shirt-sponsors-1544751.aspx

The two parties have signed an undisclosed three-year deal which will see JUST EAT’s company logo displayed on the front of the Rams' shirts starting from the beginning of the 2014/15 season. 

22 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Don't Spurs actually wear White & Blue, a very similar blue to the Patrick kit if memory serves.

Yeah Spurs played in dark blue shorts 

Just a bit of USELESS information when Derby played Spurs October 1971 Baseball Ground 3 RAMS players wore white boots Colin Todd,Frank Wignall and of course Alan Hinton .

See video footage

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

It was Clough who introduced dark blue shorts in 1971 (intended to inspire his players to play as if they were turning out for England) as well as a new crest, which consisted of a modernistic line drawing of a ram. For a club that had played in a virtually unchanged strip for more than 70 years these were radical departures and a much needed breath of fresh air associated with success.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Derby_County/Derby_County.htm

That wasn't something I realised.  I started watching them around that time so to be honest I thought we always played in navy blue.  the age before the internet no fuss was made about it

The apparent reason

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I know you're not being serious. The colour of our shorts can't possible influence our results so, no point trying it for a few seasons.

I think there have been studies to try to assess the impact of a team's kit on their results, but I'd imagine they focused on the shirt colour rather than the shorts. Here's something from the journal Nature claiming red enhances performance. Another good reason for us to reinstate red numbers and try to keep the Just Eat sponsorship! http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v435/n7040/abs/435293a.html

21 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Got that one, not the original but bought it 3 years ago from the Ramtique/club shop.....

Booooooooo!......Get with the ball game son!......original for me, home and away from the Ramtique shop!

Even though it's Admiral (Dirty Leeds BASSturds).......shame it wasn't Umbro for our Centenary etc. But hey ho.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bet we'd sell a few more replica kits too

Usually end up black and blue after a few, and to cover up all the p1sh and poo, when you've opted for far too many Whisky Shorts!

Yeah why not, to celebrate all our original colours all mixed up to create a whiskey coloured pair of shorts........bravo!

A few of our players could do with a few drams before kick off to sort them out! Yeah just give em Whiskey!

2wg86sn.jpg

4 hours ago, jono said:

I dont care if the shorts are dark blue or black .. If we could only pass, move, overlap and play a first time ball like that lot we'd walk this league. Just look at some of the interplay and the way they want the ball and make themselves available to receive it. ( phew .. great stuff even now ) 

.. Sit the team down and make them watch that video, then remind them the ball was heavier and the pitches like glue. 

We would walk the Premier League playing like that.

McFarland's header against Spurs still sticks with me.

10 Years old behind the Ossie End net. Ah nostalgia.

Archived