Blue Shorts

GerryDaly

I don't mind the Black and White stuff .. 

But Fulham and Spurs do this and Notts County .. 

We had a cool kit in the 70's and it mirrored Englands kit for a very short time ... when we had Englands ' central defence nailed .. lol 

White top .. BLUE shorts ... white socks with bits of red ... 

This kit was and is cool ... and was successful  ... 

Just wondering how DCFC fans would feel regarding  a return to the blue shorts ect .... ? 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd change back to blue and white in a heartbeat. I went through school wearing wearing replica kits in those colors (and I lived in Hinckley for most of that time!), had a brilliant white and navy silk rams scarf tied to my wrist at every home game and proudly displayed my blue and white 'Derby County: Champions of England'  rosette on my headboard. This black and white stuff has always felt alien to me. Our proper colours are navy blue and white. 

Just remember, Brian Clough brought in the blue and white and Robert Maxwell got rid of it. Karma is clearly on the side the Rams in blue and white. I reckon that we'd be promoted instantly if reverted back to our proper colours.

I reckon that a really good marketing ploy would be to produce a white and blue kit specially for the cups. For me, it'd be fantastic to watch Derby County run out properly dressed again.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

I'd change back to blue and white in a heartbeat. I went through school wearing wearing replica kits in those colors (and I lived in Hinckley for most of that time!), had a brilliant white and navy silk rams scarf tied to my wrist at every home game and proudly displayed my blue and white 'Derby County: Champions of England'  rosette on my headboard. This black and white stuff has always felt alien to me. Our proper colours are navy blue and white. 

Just remember, Brian Clough brought in the blue and white and Robert Maxwell got rid of it. Karma is clearly on the side the Rams in blue and white. I reckon that we'd be promoted instantly if reverted back to our proper colours.

I reckon that a really good marketing ploy would be to produce a white and blue kit specially for the cups. For me, it's be fantastic to watch Derby County run out properly dressed again.

Can't find a single word wrong in this post..

come on Morris, bring back the blue.

12 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

No. No. No. 

you can't change our identity in some silly fashion like Cardiff. If they tried to change us to Derby City you'd be furious. Just stop it. 

Couldn't agree more. It's time to abandon this silly flirtation with black and revert to our proper colours. When we played in white and blue, we were so good that Juventus could only beat us by bribing the officials.That's our history, not Robert Maxwell, the Three Amigos and Paul Jewell.

24 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

It is our identity...

Out of 129 league seasons in English football, Derby County have worn black and white in 103 of them. We are not Clough's Derby County, we are not England, we are Derby County and we play in black and white.

10 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Unless my memory fails me, when we won the league and were good my scarves, hats and jumpers were black and white 

You see, even back in the 70s there was a great variation in the wealth of Derbians. Although there were lots of good jobs on railways and at Rolls Royce, there were still some families that could only afford to buy imitation merchandise for their kids - and clearly some of that so badly printed that the colours weren't even right:whistle:

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

You see, even back in the 70s there was a great variation in the wealth of Derbians. Although there were lots of good jobs on railways and at Rolls Royce, there were still some families that could only afford to buy imitation merchandise for their kids - and clearly some of that so badly printed that the colours weren't even right:whistle:

Erm my gran knitted my attire thanks 

Archived