Possible line up for next year?

Edinburgh ram

Considering this season is pretty much over, think it would be good to look ahead to the lineup for next year, I'd hope with stevie mac still in charge 

Carson

christie/new, keogh, new, Forsyth/Lowe 

Hughes(hopefully), Thorne, new

Ince(hopefully) Martin, new

players to go: vydra, Blackman, butterfield, baird, either one of shackell/ Pearce, possibly Russell however like the guy too much

whats everyone else's thoughts?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

new, new, Keogh, Fozzy

New, Thorne, New

New, New, New

Ship everyone else out - wouldn't shed a tear over any of them. But since that is impractical I would definitely get rid of Shackell, Vydra (if we are sticking with 433), Anya, Russell, Christie, Pearce, Blackman, Butterfield, Bent and basically anyone else we have signed in the past 2 - 3 seasons. I will keep Ince, but only if we get rid of Christie. I would also keep Bairdinho for another season.

With all these new players team chemistry is going to be shot 

Are they going to be given 10 - 15 games to settle and gel ? Doubt it

Carson, Thorne, Hughes, Ince are the only players that look like decent top championship players to me

Lowe has a future if given a chance as has Hanson

Controversial but I'd think about letting Thorne go. He's not going to play a full season for us, and it seems we never spend the money on a proper defensive midfielder, we just get in cover for when he's back ready and for me it just doesn't work. Bring in a quality defensive mid to replace him and start trimming the squad 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Our starting point should be this:

Carson

New RB   Keogh  New CB   Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes       New CM

Ince         Martin    New LW

Then fill the rest in

Can't argue with much of that!

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Thorne

Hughes       New CM

Then fill the rest in

A good starting point

Gonna stick with the popular team selections mentioned so far.

Carson

New RB         Keogh       New CB      Fozzy/Lowe

Thorne

Hughes                Bryson/New CM

Ince                                                         New LW

Martin

Some big if's there. Will Forsyth and Thorne be fit in time for the new season and regain their swagger? Will Hughes decide to stay for another season? Will Ince move on to greener pastures?

Suspect the team we will actually get will be a little closer to what we played tonight than what some people are predicting/hoping for.

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Gonna stick with the popular team selections mentioned so far.

Carson

New RB         Keogh       New CB      Fozzy/Lowe

Thorne

Hughes                Bryson/New CM

Ince                                                         New LW

Martin

Some big if's there. Will Forsyth and Thorne be fit in time for the new season and regain their swagger? Will Hughes decide to stay for another season? Will Ince move on to greener pastures?

Suspect the team we will actually get will be a little closer to what we played tonight than what some people are predicting/hoping for.

If hughes keeps playing as he has been tonight and the last few games I dont think we will have much trouble keeping him.

Next season a big one for Hughes. To get the best out of him at Dcfc he will need a challenge. Either make him captain and build team around him or sell him to a PL club. Keep Carson and Forsyth. Lowe can improve, keep him. Give Vydra from now till May to prove himself and keep him if he does Ok. Keep Anya as he puts in alot of effort and is versatile. For me the rest of the squad is expendable. Not to say easily disposed of....

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Thorne

Hughes       New CM

Then fill the rest in

They are our only genuine top end championship players. Decent spine of a team to build from and very much the same players I would keep 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Grant Leadbitter from Boro? His contract expires soon and Boro may want to cash in

I was just sat here trying to think who would fit the bill.

I was coming up with totally unrealistic ideas like Matic:blink:.

Leadbitter is probably the type/standard we could realistically get.

I for one hope Mac stays and finds a few hidden gems in the loan market, Huddersfield have utilised the loan market well as we did in his first spell, only difference being players can't be recalled so they've not had an Ibe situation. Also hope some teams are daft enough to give us some money back for the tripe we've wasted money on in the process.

Get rid of any players we can if the price is right.  Bring in lowe, rawson, vernam any other promising playersinto the squad to replace who goes out. Rather than keep buying players surely we need to bring players through. When clement was sacked Mel Morris was going on about a lot of bull about home grown players. We have t had one in the squad some games. Now lower back and Hughes we have two but he was talking about 5 I think. He keeps contradicting himself and I think a lot of the problems lie with him. Especially in hitting the recruitment team 

Archived