DCFC FAN TV - Good idea?

RamsPolls

Rams TV  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

I could interview DEL. The conversation would go something like this...

Now, DEL, what do you think our prospects are for next season?

Sorry, Ed, I didn't catch that. Microphone interfering with my hearing aids.

Sorry, DEL, I didn't catch that. Microphone interfering with my hearing aids.

Are you asking me about next season? I think we need some reinforcements in order to advance our league position.

Three and fourpence? A dance? Oh, right. New recruits.

Apples, grapes, perhaps a pomegranate...

No, recruits, not fruits. Do you think we will make any big-money signings?

Signing? Like BSL*, you mean?

I'm not being mean, I think you've got a bit of a mard on.

Pardon?

Pardon?

bull.jpg.40c92c4e9efa02bef3eb633dd1b010df.jpg

etc.

*British Sign Language

Brilliant Eddie :lol::D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Brilliant Eddie :lol::D

I came up with the idea an hour ago, when I was re-tubing for the first time in about 3 months. Couldn't get one of the old tubes off because it had gone rock hard, then I cut my finger on a pair of pliers. These hearies don't know they're born.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

I quite like the video that Copa90 have recently done with Leyton Orient.

It's sad in terms of it follows the last few games in their relegation season, and the campaigning against the owner etc, but it's interesting following fans who really care about the club, talking to them before the game, showing a few clips of the crowd during the game, and some views afterwards and so on. It's good to see a variety of fans, rather than some drunk numpties swearing throughout the whole thing, or some guy ranting about how bad the manager is (Arsenal Fan TV).

If short (and more positive!) videos like that showing the build up of atmosphere to games, showing all different ages of people going to the game and looking forward to it, some of the songs during the game, or a celebration, and then some views afterwards, I would be interesting in seeing something like that, rather than some interviews by the same people each week embarrassing the club when they lose

This is the link to the video:

I think there are a lot of good points in here. 

It annoys me that the perceived drinking culture, particularly of our away games, overshadows the experience of the majority. Most of us get to games fairly early, chat about the selections and tactics, watch and encourage players in the warm up, applaud the teams.

Then about 5 minutes after kick off the drunks come in, trample all over us, abuse the opposition fans, sing derogatory songs, yell abuse at our players or generally ignore the football on the pitch unless we score. Then they throw themselves and their beer about. If you're lucky you just get soaked, if not, you end up injured. About ten minutes before half time they disappear to fuel up, second half, rinse and repeat. Luckily they are usually long gone by the time the players come over to the supporters after the game. 

At this stage the rest of us breathe a sigh of relief, applaud the players, rescue our belongings, chat about the match, thank the stewards etc. 

We are grateful to reclaim the space and some civility from the others. Yet they are of the opinion that they are the core of the club support, what it's all about. 

I personally think they're a load of dick-heads and I don't want to hear their opinions. We're usually only too aware of them already!

:ph34r:

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think there are a lot of good points in here. 

It annoys me that the perceived drinking culture, particularly of our away games, overshadows the experience of the majority. Most of us get to games fairly early, chat about the selections and tactics, watch and encourage players in the warm up, applaud the teams.

Then about 5 minutes after kick off the drunks come in, trample all over us, abuse the opposition fans, sing derogatory songs, yell abuse at our players or generally ignore the football on the pitch unless we score. Then they throw themselves and their beer about. If you're lucky you just get soaked, if not, you end up injured. About ten minutes before half time they disappear to fuel up, second half, rinse and repeat. Luckily they are usually long gone by the time the players come over to the supporters after the game. 

At this stage the rest of us breathe a sigh of relief, applaud the players, rescue our belongings, chat about the match, thank the stewards etc. 

We are grateful to reclaim the space and some civility from the others. Yet they are of the opinion that they are the core of the club support, what it's all about. 

I personally think they're a load of dick-heads and I don't want to hear their opinions. We're usually only too aware of them already!

:ph34r:

For once, I'm going to have to disagree Angie. Of course, throwing beer around and abusing our own players is a big no. However, for me at least, drinking with mates is what makes away games special compared to home games. 

I think a big reason as to why the atmosphere is better at away games is because a lot of people, me included, are more inclined to sing their hearts out after a few drinks. It probably shouldn't be that way, but I think it's just a fact.

I wouldn't say we "abuse" the home fans either, as I think both sets of fans enjoy the banter. Home fans who enjoy interacting with away fans tend to strategically place themselves near the away stand so they can engage in the battle that ensues. There's not much better than sticking two up to the opposition when we score, but not much worse than when they do it to us when we concede. I also particularly remember singing "shall we show you how it's done" to the Wednesday home fans after their dismal bounce a few weeks ago.

I would actually say that the drinking culture is the slight majority, although that may be just because I surround myself with drinkers and you surround yourself with more sober people, so we'll always think that there are more like-minded people in the fanbase than there actually are.

However, no matter what, sober or drunk, I will always clap the boys off at the end of the game. I even move down to the bottom of the stand so I can get closer to them. I almost got emotional as the players walked back towards the tunnel after clapping them off at Rotherham, knowing Saturdays won't be the same for another 3 months.

I know we'll probably never agree on this issue, but I hope you'll see that I'm not the 100% full on "duckhead" that you describe above; maybe closer to 80%:p.

29 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

For once, I'm going to have to disagree Angie. Of course, throwing beer around and abusing our own players is a big no. However, for me at least, drinking with mates is what makes away games special compared to home games. 

I think a big reason as to why the atmosphere is better at away games is because a lot of people, me included, are more inclined to sing their hearts out after a few drinks. It probably shouldn't be that way, but I think it's just a fact.

I wouldn't say we "abuse" the home fans either, as I think both sets of fans enjoy the banter. Home fans who enjoy interacting with away fans tend to strategically place themselves near the away stand so they can engage in the battle that ensues. There's not much better than sticking two up to the opposition when we score, but not much worse than when they do it to us when we concede. I also particularly remember singing "shall we show you how it's done" to the Wednesday home fans after their dismal bounce a few weeks ago.

I would actually say that the drinking culture is the slight majority, although that may be just because I surround myself with drinkers and you surround yourself with more sober people, so we'll always think that there are more like-minded people in the fanbase than there actually are.

However, no matter what, sober or drunk, I will always clap the boys off at the end of the game. I even move down to the bottom of the stand so I can get closer to them. I almost got emotional as the players walked back towards the tunnel after clapping them off at Rotherham, knowing Saturdays won't be the same for another 3 months.

I know we'll probably never agree on this issue, but I hope you'll see that I'm not the 100% full on "duckhead" that you describe above; maybe closer to 80%:p.

What do you drink on matchdays fella?

Ribena or Kia-Ora?

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

I'm struggling to find someone who wants to be the interviewer :( If I can't find someone to do it then I don't think it'll be something that'll go ahead this season I'm afraid. 

Heres an idea, get yourself a couple of nice dresses, push up bra and you be in front of the camera not behind it, after all it's your baby. Be much easier to find someone to hold a camera up or stand behind a tripod. Don't tell me you're not photogenic either, if you can afford a box at Pride Park when you were 10 you can afford a bit of plastic surgery to spruce yourself up.

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

If you don't mind me saying @BurtonRam7 and @angieram, your 2 views on away days are what @RamsPolls (if he can get an interviewer/cameraman!) should be looking to capture. Both of you are attending the same game, with the same teams playing, and yet you'll both enjoy contrasting experiences throughout the day.

Having a variety of; a group of lads on a weekend away in Newcastle to watch Derby play and drink all weekend, in comparison to a husband and wife having a nice day out, or a dad taking his 7 year old son to his first away game etc are all views that could be captured and put into a short video each week, and may make it more entertaining than the same 3 or 4 people being interviewed with relatively the same sort of opinions and experiences of the game and the day.

Of course, it makes it more difficult to capture a wider range of views but I think it could make it more amusing and attract and wider audience each week :) 

35 minutes ago, Boss said:

If you don't mind me saying @BurtonRam7 and @angieram, your 2 views on away days are what @RamsPolls (if he can get an interviewer/cameraman!) should be looking to capture. Both of you are attending the same game, with the same teams playing, and yet you'll both enjoy contrasting experiences throughout the day.

Having a variety of; a group of lads on a weekend away in Newcastle to watch Derby play and drink all weekend, in comparison to a husband and wife having a nice day out, or a dad taking his 7 year old son to his first away game etc are all views that could be captured and put into a short video each week, and may make it more entertaining than the same 3 or 4 people being interviewed with relatively the same sort of opinions and experiences of the game and the day.

Of course, it makes it more difficult to capture a wider range of views but I think it could make it more amusing and attract and wider audience each week :) 

@angieram and I will bicker like Claude and Ty on ArsenalFanTV:p.

53 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@angieram and I will bicker like Claude and Ty on ArsenalFanTV:p.

Sorry, I'm still angry because some 14 stone half wit stood about three rows behind me on Sunday launched himself head over arse and ended up going through a gap into the row in front of me. Got a laugh so ten minutes later did it again but didn't miss me that time and landed on my hip. I've been hobbling ever since. He didn't even apologise and I don't think that I should have to put up with that at a football match.

I take your point that not all drinkers are the same and I enjoy a drink too but I can't see the point of getting so bladdered that you lose all control.

I can give you many examples from this season but won't bore people further.

I stand and chant and clap at away matches and I ask only one thing - that other people respect my right to watch the football, which is why I go to the matches.

As we seem to agree on most things football related it makes a change to disagree. I know you're only young and I generally find you quite respectful so I just hope that you don't turn into a moron when you've had a few. Hopefully you'll be as old as me one day and might  understand that some of us now need to take it a bit more steady!

On 2017-2-21 at 11:58, RamsPolls said:

So as you have probably seen, I am starting a YouTube channel that will be interviewing fans after every Derby County game. Home, Away, pre-season & even play offs (hopefully). We have had mixed repsonses to this news, What are your views? 

Please explain your points! 

Go for it . 

Loads of other clubs .. bigger and smaller than us , currently do this .. 

37 minutes ago, angieram said:

Sorry, I'm still angry because some 14 stone half wit stood about three rows behind me on Sunday launched himself head over arse and ended up going through a gap into the row in front of me. Got a laugh so ten minutes later did it again but didn't miss me that time and landed on my hip. I've been hobbling ever since. He didn't even apologise and I don't think that I should have to put up with that at a football match.

I take your point that not all drinkers are the same and I enjoy a drink too but I can't see the point of getting so bladdered that you lose all control.

I can give you many examples from this season but won't bore people further.

I stand and chant and clap at away matches and I ask only one thing - that other people respect my right to watch the football, which is why I go to the matches.

As we seem to agree on most things football related it makes a change to disagree. I know you're only young and I generally find you quite respectful so I just hope that you don't turn into a moron when you've had a few. Hopefully you'll be as old as me one day and might  understand that some of us now need to take it a bit more steady!

I generally just get a bit more talkative after a few drinks, so don't worry:thumbsup:.

I'll have to say hello to you one day, although I have no clue what you look like! I've seen @B4ev6is at Leeds and Wednesday,  @Derby_EnglandLoyal at Leeds and @Mafiabob at Forest, but haven't plucked up the courage to say hello to any of them:p. My dream is to one day meet the legendary @eddie, although, again, I don't know what he looks like!

Archived