DCFC FAN TV - Good idea?

RamsPolls

Rams TV  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So as you have probably seen, I am starting a YouTube channel that will be interviewing fans after every Derby County game. Home, Away, pre-season & even play offs (hopefully). We have had mixed repsonses to this news, What are your views? 

Please explain your points! 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has the potential to be a good source of people's initial reactions after games, but it is all down to who is being interviewed and who is interviewing.

I wouldn't like to be on, I have a face for radio and a voice for miming :lol:

Also!

For anyone wondering, whoever the interviewer is, Whether it is me or another person. They will be completely impartial and will not judge anyone for their opinion. We won't challenge peoples opinion in an aggressive manner, It will be a completely calm discussion.

Another Disclaimer, We have nothing to do with the Club at all. All of the views posted by the channel are of our own and not of Derby County FC. 

You've thought about doing this because very recently Arsenal TV has been trending all over your Proper Footy Ladz Banter pages on social media. Problem is, it's been brought to your attention for the wrong reasons. It's a complete joke. Everyone on there makes a complete tit of themselves and their club, and the channel simply highlights (maybe exaggerates) just how self-entitled Arsenal fans are. 

I look around this forum and read the knee-jerk reactions, and read some of you idiots on Twitter, and cringe at the idea of another platform that has the potential to emphasise narrow-minded ideas, in an easier format to engage a larger audience with (more people watch clips than read), and have the potential to spread a toxic atmosphere across our fanbase without moderation or perspective.

@cosmic - I haven't only just thought about doing this. Ask anyone from the DCFC podcast. I have been thinking about doing this since Pearson left. And it's not about getting publicity. It's about getting everyone's voice heard. If I wanted publicity, I'd run onto the pitch tomorrow night naked with the words "Build the wall" on my arse. That's go viral. But it's not about that. 

If you don't think it's a good idea then fair enough, I appreciate that you have explained your reasoning behind this.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

It has the potential to be a good source of people's initial reactions after games, but it is all down to who is being interviewed and who is interviewing.

I wouldn't like to be on, I have a face for radio and a voice for miming :lol:

Sorry @rynny, accidentally repeated your joke in the other thread before I spotted this one.

Anyway, I have quoted you as I agree with your comments. I think the interviewer is most key as they will need to learn how to handle the people being interviewed to make it entertaining. I dislike people in that role who dominate and force their own opinions on the interviewee, which is why Radio Derby wind me up so much! A neutral interviewer is the most effective way to highlight the good and the bad responses. Could be quite entertaining!

As I have said in the other thread if it goes the way of Arsenal Fans TV then I have no interest in it. I understand that people can get quite lively just after a football match but those guys take the biscuit.

No issue with anyone that wants a bit of a rant but the histrionics can do one. If it is done properly I would watch it.

6 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

The concept on the whole is... tragic. The ridicule Arsenal TV gets is enough to surely think this is a no go. But if you are to go ahead with this, at least use the right club badge for the promotional stuff. 

Good luck. 

The badge and everything is temporary as we will get an editor to do all our artwork. But thanks for the feedback. 

Like with most things in life sadly ... Folk have the mindset of wanting something to fail so they can ridicule them. Just the way life is nowadays...

I think most have mentioned it but the interviewer is going to be the key person in all of this. Arsenal have a character as do the guys over at Beesotted (Brentford) ... The guys there are very good and they actually did a feature on us for the Forest away game last year. Came into Derby early afternoon for a few beers etc and some really good guys that do it...

I think the concept and idea is pretty good personally. Just stick with it though. If you get a fair bit of criticism you are going to have to listen to it and take it on the chin but also carry on and try and improve things. If you give up soon after that's when it becomes an epic fail.

I would also suggest having a word with Faye at Derby and maybe arrange a meeting to discuss a few things now to ensure you are doing things by the book. Whilst I am sure it will always be independent you don't want to be stepping on toes in terms of what and where you can film. Technically any current or past logo of the club belongs to them and you shouldn't really be using it. Some blind eyes are met on occasion but I think with this it is something you should advise the club you are doing.

Good luck with it and hope it is a success for you and other fans get on board with it. Be a shame to see something deemed a failure without having a months run or so...

@therams69 - Cheers for that! ^^

In regards to the logo and the club. I have contacted the SLO (Dan) about this, I am awaiting an answer for it but worst comes to worst, I won't film on club owned grounds & I will use a independent logo that I create. 

So this will be going ahead, just need to let the club aware.

:D

I'll try to be constructive. I think it could be a good idea as long as it's not like the embarrassing Arsenal Fan TV gubbins.

How is that done? Well I think for starters, while you probably want a bit of passion from fans, it needs to be kept under control. People like listening to podcasts so this is the next step, fans on video. However, the difference with podcasts is while they show passion for the topic being discussed, they don't jump into hysterics and "Mac out, Keogh out, tea lady out" style drama. To some degree, the people being interviewed need to have some respect for the interviewer. Generally we don't get too much in the way of hysterics (except a certain minority) on Radio Derby because people like the guys doing it. They don't want to act up on live radio. You also need to have the same power RD have - the power to go "right, I'm cutting you off, you're becoming inflammatory". That's vital.

The most vital thing though is to talk sense and ask interesting questions. There's a difference between "asking the hard questions" and "asking for trouble". If you ask "what went wrong?" after a heavy loss, you might just get a rant. If you ask "how did you rate the performance today?", as obvious as it sounds that we were obviously **** because we lost, you might get a more measured response. The former is emotional language, the latter is an enquiry. Stay away from emotional language. In fact, try to stay away from interviewer bias. Don't argue with your interviewee. Again, there's a difference between debate and having a slanging match. If someone's talking ******** (in your opinion), then ask qualifying questions. "What is it that Keogh has done wrong?" rather than "Don't you think that's unfair?" or "Keogh was great, are you mental?"

I would happily appear but not as a regular guest. Stay away from that too. The fame will go to their heads as it has done with the Arsenal *****. I'd actually love to conduct the interviews but I don't think I'm what you'd be looking for. You probably want someone young, cool and confident and I'm only one of those three :lol:

I voted "could be" on the poll first question but I actually want to see this now, because if it's done well then it'd be really good imo. Done badly and we're a laughing stock. Good luck.

Archived