Season over

Sexydadbod

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(That's better):D

Don't think we'll make the play-offs. I think we just need to take each game as it comes, treat them each as mini Cup Finals and try and win.

I know that sounds cliched/limp, but what else can we do? Schteve needs to see who is going to be up for it next season, and what formations and combinations will work.

Also, with about a third of the season left, there is just the remote possibility that we could get very lucky and slip into 6th spot.

Keep smiling.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Blimey, what was that for. You need a rest mate. Your opinion was we threw away a chance. My opinion was we put out a reasonable team and had a chance.

You've contradicted everything I've said so far...!

Or do you need to have the last word every time..lol

The season isn't over, it's over in May. 

Play offs may have just been pushed out of reach but that doesn't mean we throw the towel in and stick a load of kids out.

We continue to fight as ANYTHING can happen in this league, despite how unrealistic it might seem right now, there was no expectation of the play offs when McClaren arrived yet once again made us believe. 

I understand the frustration, disappointment and anger, I share it, but we can't forget the fact we gave the rest of the league a 3 month head start and our number 9 is sat on a bench down London, expectations shouldn't have risen as they have, that's our fault.

From here until May we continue to play our strongest 11, give players a chance to fight to stay in the team, let's see who wants to be here and who doesn't. 

The last thing we need is a huge clear out in the summer, the one thing we have been lacking for a long time is stability. For all those wanting a complete rebuild take a look at Aston Villa. Many players that many of you wanted. It's not the answer and we need to avoid that if possible.

Remember part of the reasons why expectations were risen is the results this squad was able to pick up. They are not all useless has beens otherwise you wouldn't have had the expectations you have. 

14 minutes ago, David said:

The season isn't over, it's over in May. 

Play offs may have just been pushed out of reach but that doesn't mean we throw the towel in and stick a load of kids out.

We continue to fight as ANYTHING can happen in this league, despite how unrealistic it might seem right now, there was no expectation of the play offs when McClaren arrived yet once again made us believe. 

I understand the frustration, disappointment and anger, I share it, but we can't forget the fact we gave the rest of the league a 3 month head start and our number 9 is sat on a bench down London, expectations shouldn't have risen as they have, that's our fault.

From here until May we continue to play our strongest 11, give players a chance to fight to stay in the team, let's see who wants to be here and who doesn't. 

The last thing we need is a huge clear out in the summer, the one thing we have been lacking for a long time is stability. For all those wanting a complete rebuild take a look at Aston Villa. Many players that many of you wanted. It's not the answer and we need to avoid that if possible.

Remember part of the reasons why expectations were risen is the results this squad was able to pick up. They are not all useless has beens otherwise you wouldn't have had the expectations you have. 

But David, surely for the majority of fans, the excitement of Derby v Burton is now significantly reduced by the actual realisation we're not a genuine play-off contender.

Today I feel depressed and sad. For the first time in 3-4 months, I'm now accepting 8-12th as a final position unless we actually win 6 straight (Doubtful now) and I'm looking at the bigger picture that this is telling Steve McClaren genuinely who he can and can't rely on for next season.

Why blame Pearson, Clement or McLaren? For FOUR seasons now - since Clough - this OVERPAID squad of players have under-performed when it really mattered.

Too many players living in the comfort zone and happy to ply their trade in the Championship rather than bust a gut to reach the Premier League. Too many players are not hungry enough and If they are as good as the fans think, why hasn't there been (Burnley excepted) much interest from the PL.

Why isn't Ince, for example, playing in the Premier League?

Just now, rammieib said:

But David, surely for the majority of fans, the excitement of Derby v Burton is now significantly reduced by the actual realisation we're not a genuine play-off contender.

Of course it has, I'm not happy at all as the play offs do look to be out of reach, the last 2 games have been a real kick in the balls. 

I couldn't think of a worse game to play next to be honest, Burton are dreadful away and likely to sit back and play for the draw. I'm seeing a repeat of the Wigan game which is the last thing we need right now. 

Just now, rammieib said:

Today I feel depressed and sad. For the first time in 3-4 months, I'm now accepting 8-12th as a final position unless we actually win 6 straight (Doubtful now) and I'm looking at the bigger picture that this is telling Steve McClaren genuinely who he can and can't rely on for next season.

And that's the situation now in a nutshell.  can't get on board with the idea of throwing a bunch of kids out there now the "season is over".

3 minutes ago, David said:

Of course it has, I'm not happy at all as the play offs do look to be out of reach, the last 2 games have been a real kick in the balls. 

I couldn't think of a worse game to play next to be honest, Burton are dreadful away and likely to sit back and play for the draw. I'm seeing a repeat of the Wigan game which is the last thing we need right now. 

And that's the situation now in a nutshell.  can't get on board with the idea of throwing a bunch of kids out there now the "season is over".

Yep.....Let's just relax a bit and play out the season,so Mac can see who stays and who goes

Pressures off I.m.o and we only had it because we did better than we thought we would on Mac's return.

This is actually where we are.

20 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Why blame Pearson, Clement or McLaren? For FOUR seasons now - since Clough - this OVERPAID squad of players have under-performed when it really mattered.

Too many players living in the comfort zone and happy to ply their trade in the Championship rather than bust a gut to reach the Premier League. Too many players are not hungry enough and If they are as good as the fans think, why hasn't there been (Burnley excepted) much interest from the PL.

Why isn't Ince, for example, playing in the Premier League?

A good point apart from the squad has changed massively over the last 4 years.

5 hours ago, toddy said:

If we had not dropped 18 points from the last 30 available we would be in the play offs and topic like this one would not have started.

Pearson bit was bad but don't delude yourself -  12 pts from our last tens games - proves there is a link between Pearson and Mac and its those on the pitch!

Players on the pitch pitch probably aren't good enough, so in that case makes McClaren looking good if he can get i think 36/ 37 points out of them in 20 matches (not quite sure on stats but it's about there). The first part of the season(Pearson)  was really bad football and apart from last 2 matches Leeds and Norwich away, Derby have mostly competed well under McClaren. We are in some bad form hopefully can turn it around. 

The season is not over and personally I don't think it's time to throw young ones in willy nilly,, for me it's the perfect time for Mac to pick a settled 11 and barring injuries and suspensions get them out there and build a team ,,, hopefully Mac knows what he wants his team to play like in terms of formation and intent , he's been here long enough to asses which of these squad players he sees as his best eleven so get them out there regular and see if the can hack it so come summer we know who we want to keep ,who we want to move on and who we want to upgrade or get backup for ,,, for instance if he thinks Blackman is the right striker for us then give him a run of games to find his feet and form , if it's vydra then give him a run ,,as has been stated we do kind of have a free hit so don't waste it on experiments with kids but rather put your best 11 out every week ,if they cut it they may have an outside run at a play off spot if they don't then nothing lost but we will learn loads and be better informed to put a team together to have a proper run at promotion next season, let's take the pressure off for instant results and give players a run in the team 

There are a lot of points still to play for but unfortunately the top teams are very strong this year and it will need a high points tally to finish top 6 this season. 

The start of the season was horrendous and we are in some bad form now. Playoffs are realistically gone now but if we can finish strongly it might give us some momentum for next season. It's a shame we are out of both cups again for another season. I would love to see Derby compete well in both the league and FA cup next year. 

On 15/02/2017 at 07:57, LondonRam2 said:

I think that the frustration on here is due to the fact that one week we play brilliantly and hold our own against Premier League teams, the next week we implode against mediocre Championship sides.

It's almost as if our admittedly individually talented bunch don't really think they have to exert themselves too much against the honest, ordinary, workmanlike but often more cohesive teams that mostly comprise this division, hence us taking the foot off the gas last night after 35 minutes thinking the points were in the bag.

A well organised team can be greater than the sum of its parts. Tactics also make a difference.  This is why Burton beat us a few months ago, and it also explains the last two games.

Because we have money and options we have become spoiled and with a rather misplaced sense of entitlement that we rightly criticise in fans of certain other teams (Man U for example).

Time to man up and concede that in this division results have to be earned with blood, toil, tears and sweat rather than with money, individual skill, pampering and arrogance.  That goes for management, players, ownership...and some fans as well.

If we learn from all this then the season won't have been a waste.  In any event it's certainly not been short on entertainment!

2014 Playoff final defeat, 2015 final day defeat, 2016 playoff defeat.  To finish outside the playoffs this time will actually be a blessing.  Get everyone properly rested and back from injuries, make some tough decisions, get the right mix of talent in here, have a good pre season and then add some humility and also some ruthlessness all round and next season could be THE ONE!

COYR!!!

LR2

Cracking post. :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

11 points behind 6th place is a tough ask. Mac will continue to say the old " until its mathematically impossible "

Lets give some of the under 23's a try. Who knows we might uncover a superstar ready for next year

But also 11 points behind 5th place with 2 games in hand.

Leeds bang out of form and lots of teams up the top playing each other over the coming weeks.

Looks a tough ask but silly to be throwing the towel in yet. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But also 11 points behind 5th place with 2 games in hand.

Leeds bang out of form and lots of teams up the top playing each other over the coming weeks.

Looks a tough ask but silly to be throwing the towel in yet. 

Not saying make wholesale changes, but surely there is room to bring a couple into the matchday squad and give them a chance from the bench. See how they go, otherwise why bother having any youth set up and spending millions on the academy 

Archived