Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is unlikely we'd go for him if we're cutting down the wage bill / expenditure but we could do with someone with his creativity if we sell Ince as well as Hughes. Could be the difference between us getting out of this league.

Some suggested Marc Roberts on here well Barnsley rejected bids from 2 championship clubs. I seen Birmingham wanted him maybe they are one of them? 

6 hours ago, YouRams said:

Don't know if he's already been mentioned but West Ham are offloading Snodgrass, would be a good signing.

5 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I think Leeds tried to sign him before signed for West Ham. 

PistoldPete2

Have we been linked with anyone good? So far it's only has- Beens we've been linked to. Where are these young and hungry players Rowett was supposed to bring in? 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Have we been linked with anyone good? So far it's only has- Beens we've been linked to. Where are these young and hungry players Rowett was supposed to bring in? 

Andre Wisdom?

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

All depends on what constitutes your idea of "good" - I would argue we've been linked with quite a few good players, who would add something to this squad. But nobody who is above Ince/Hughes' level.

29 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I don't mind who we are linked with as long our signings are at the same level as Davies and Wisdom.

Feel this is a realistic suggestion for at least the manner of the changes, if not the specific players. Billing is an example of the sort of player I'd like/seems realistic.  

IN:- 

Irvine - (Hopeful. Could overload midfield. Younger player to perform the Bryson role.)
Billing (loan to perm)
Watkins

OUT:-

Roos (loan)
Christie
Shackell
Ollson
Hanson (loan)
Ince
Blackman
Bent

Trims the squad considerably, and provides a reasonably strong outfit.

Martin/Nugent

Russell            Irvine           Watkins

Billing      Thorne

Forsyth    Davies    Keogh   Wisdom

Carson

22 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Feel this is a realistic suggestion for at least the manner of the changes, if not the specific players. Billing is an example of the sort of player I'd like/seems realistic.  

Irvine - (Hopeful. Could overload midfield. Younger player to perform the Bryson role.)
Billing (loan to perm)
Watkins

Roos (loan)
Christie
Shackell
Ollson
Hanson (loan)
Ince
Blackman
Bent

Martin/Nugent

Billing      Thorne

Carson

Not really seen Billing play that I can recall but seems sensible, balanced and realistic.

38 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I don't give a monkeys who we're "linked with" as it's usually done by crap journalism and greedy agents.I'd rather see a player signing before commenting.Some of the "rumours" or speculation I've seen is just laughable.

4 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

I don't give a monkeys who we're "linked with" as it's usually done by crap journalism and greedy agents.I'd rather see a player signing before commenting.Some of the "rumours" or speculation I've seen is just laughable.

I would rather see us keep our better players and trim the squad by getting rid of the deadwood...there is enough of it....

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

The story for Curtis Davies didn't get out until it was all but done. We've already seen this year that very little info is coming out of the club and all the stories seem to be coming from whoever we buy/sell from 

Plenty of time yet 

1 hour ago, SouthernRam said:

Billing (loan to perm)
Watkins

Roos (loan)
Christie
Shackell
Ollson
Hanson (loan)
Ince
Blackman
Bent

Martin/Nugent

Billing      Thorne

Carson

I called Billing earlier in another thread , really would be a good sensible addition.

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

I called Billing earlier in another thread , really would be a good sensible addition.

Thorne for me, lacks very little in every aspect and so doesn't need a partner that covers him. Billing is of a similar class, has a very good eye for a pass and is arguably a little more agile than Thorne. Still a tall imposing option in the middle though.

5 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Thorne for me, lacks very little in every aspect and so doesn't need a partner that covers him. Billing is of a similar class, has a very good eye for a pass and is arguably a little more agile than Thorne. Still a tall imposing option in the middle though.

Wouldn't be much getting through those two in midfield. Would control most games.

Archived