Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Jesus wept, The amount of horrendous footballers that people are suggesting we sign on this thread.

CRAIG GARDNER?!!! Are you joking me. 

Dean Whitehead?!!! God help the world. 

Club captain of a team just promoted ??

I'm not bothered if we don't sign anyone. It's going to be tough this season regardless who we sign. With inflated prices and massive wages I would rather not sign anyone. Maybe just ship a few players out. Also it will be like having 4 new signings anyway in Martin, fozzy, Blackman and Thorne. Also weimann to come back. I don't think we'll go up regardless who we sign. 

1 hour ago, Derbyram1983 said:

I'm not bothered if we don't sign anyone. It's going to be tough this season regardless who we sign. With inflated prices and massive wages I would rather not sign anyone. Maybe just ship a few players out. Also it will be like having 4 new signings anyway in Martin, fozzy, Blackman and Thorne. Also weimann to come back. I don't think we'll go up regardless who we sign. 

I think we can go up automatically but it depends on the fitness and availability of the entire squad - we have some great options and if focused correctly we would be a very dangerous opponent 

2 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

I'm not bothered if we don't sign anyone. It's going to be tough this season regardless who we sign. I don't think we'll go up regardless who we sign. 

Is there any point in us even playing this season then?

2 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Somebody got out the wrong side of the bed this morning.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Dominic Solanke England u20 & u21 international striker joining Liverpool from Chelsea would be worth a loan move if we move a striker or two on. Can also play on either wing.

Yes 100% I'm sure Liverpool will be looking to loan him aswell 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Yes 100% I'm sure Liverpool will be looking to loan him aswell 

Deffo the type of player we should be looking to loan, read an interesting point in one of the papers that Liverpool have a 20k or less a week youth policy in place, so even if we pay his wages its not going to be a silly figure.

4 hours ago, YouRams said:

Deffo the type of player we should be looking to loan, read an interesting point in one of the papers that Liverpool have a 20k or less a week youth policy in place, so even if we pay his wages its not going to be a silly figure.

They do, but because of their transfer ban on signing players to youth contracts at the minute, he will sign a professional deal. Not as lenient a structure, and as he's leaving because Chelsea wouldn't offer him a big enough contract, he may get a good one from Liverpool.

But the if Lpool want to loan him, we've got a good chance of getting him!

Quite a few journalists, when writing about Wengers 2 year deal and the large amount of players with only a year left on contract, have mentioned a few youngsters who have not made the grade. This includes Toral, did well at Brum under Rowett. 

GR has shown he uses loans to find talent, the Emirates could be the place to look 

49 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Would be an excellent signing although I could see him going to a promoted club or someone willing to chuck more money at him than we can afford.

Agree, think he can easily get given a place at a newly promoted club, would be a great signing if we could make it, although I'm sure ultimately it'll come down to finances.

I just read about a young lad for Everton called lookman who just scored 2 goals for England u20s.

I don't follow the Prem so know very little about the players, but this young lad is the sort of person I would hope we would go for.

I saw Everton signed him for 7.5 million rising to 11 from Charlton, so he may well be in their plans.

57 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I just read about a young lad for Everton called lookman who just scored 2 goals for England u20s.

I don't follow the Prem so know very little about the players, but this young lad is the sort of person I would hope we would go for.

I saw Everton signed him for 7.5 million rising to 11 from Charlton, so he may well be in their plans.

We were linked under Pearson I think !

Archived