Annoying Supporters

SK47

17 minutes ago, England Ram said:

He actually sits 5 seats to my  right. 

He's in his 30's. His dad sits next to me. 

He got loads of stick from his brother when he mouthed at Johnny and this week his brother was shouting we love you Jonny just to pee him off. 

Its actually a right mix where we are, some of us are opinionated but keep it to a level where only we discus it.

My step brother who sits to my left gets vocal normally towards the ref (if you heard his f****** kn**head rant sat it was quite funny). 

The dad of the bloke who sits next to me is your archetypical great bloke who has his chunters but the best thing is he always calls Butterfield 'Butterworth' and it has me laughing!! 

Some don't like Butterfield, I'm not a great fan of Russell, others don't like Ince....but what's great where we are is everyone else reminds each other when the player does something well, proper ribbing so it's a great place to sit. 

We even try to start a few chants as well which is no mean feat in the East stand. 

All got very supportive of the fan taken out by the over zealous cctv bloke and had words with the head stewards after so we try to look after our own in that area. 

Well there must have been more than one bloke shouting at Russell vs Wigan then, because that's not the bloke I mean.

Just shows you're never far from a moaner!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, SK47 said:

Thats the guy!  Father Christmas who was sat closer to the corner walked past at one point and screemed "shuttttt uppp" at him. 

To everyone surroundings delight.

Even the stewards smiled!

Yeah I hope he reads this and thinks

(That`s me they are typing about Jesus I didn`t realise I was such an utter complete WA**KER I will amend my ways from now on and not be such an annoying T*at .As from today I will only shout out encouraging ,positive comments at football matches .I will also go in for that brain transplant that my neurologist recommend TWO brain cells will be a lot better than the single one I have at the moment ) :lol:

12 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Obviously this topic belongs on another thread/forum. But I can see this being the reason why Police and security/safety personnel inside football grounds want there to be NO return to safe standing.

The above stated people and indeed clubs are now obsessed with knowing everything about you, and having data. But then thats not just football clubs is it, im sure many lines of work are exactly the same now.

I for one hate this.

Even when mel was giving out free scarves to season ticket holders, they needed your details so they could see which fans had taken up the offer, and presumably so no fan would try take 2 scarves (as if anyone would want to do that) and in recent reserve games or U23 which are free to season ticket holders, you cant show your ticket in the turnstile anymore and sit un an unreserved seat .... no you must get a ticket from the office with an allocated seat number, and stay there, despite their being 100s and thousands of free ones to choose from. Its all big brother stuff, and them knowing exactly who is where should anything untoward happen.

In germany im pretty sure anyone can just go up and buy a ticket, as long as you have the cash, what do they care about your name, address, customer number etc etc. but in england even as a new fan who has never been to a game, you cannot buy a ticket without first having all your details taken for their databases and you being allocated a customer number. God I hate this big brother stuff.

Good post.

There's one fan that sits behind me.

I'm not really sure how to put this as he is a young fan.

He is only about 11 years old, but everytime the referee makes a bad decision, He shouts at the top of his voice...

"The referee has mental health issues!!" & "The ref needs locking up in a mental asylum"

Now, for me... This isn't acceptable for an 11 year old to be shouting this sort of thing out in a public place. It would be more acceptable for him to call the ref a Tw** or Cu**. Just because there will be people around us in the stadium that are either effected by mental health issues.

Anyway, on saturday. I turned around after about 3 months of this happening at EVERY home game. And I said to his dad, "Do you think it's acceptable for him to be shouting that? Aren't you going to stop him?". His dad just shrugged his shoulders and carried on watching the game.

I hate people some times. I really do. 

13 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

There's one fan that sits behind me.

I'm not really sure how to put this as he is a young fan.

He is only about 11 years old, but everytime the referee makes a bad decision, He shouts at the top of his voice...

"The referee has mental health issues!!" & "The ref needs locking up in a mental asylum"

Now, for me... This isn't acceptable for an 11 year old to be shouting this sort of thing out in a public place. It would be more acceptable for him to call the ref a Tw** or Cu**. Just because there will be people around us in the stadium that are either effected by mental health issues.

Anyway, on saturday. I turned around after about 3 months of this happening at EVERY home game. And I said to his dad, "Do you think it's acceptable for him to be shouting that? Aren't you going to stop him?". His dad just shrugged his shoulders and carried on watching the game.

I hate people some times. I really do. 

Like father like son usually Ramspolls. Good on you for confronting his dad about it though. I'd have just sat there all season building up the frustration and annoyance and at the very last game just turned round and let rip.

There appears to be a lot of this going on. Fans being politely asked to keep things civil by other fans and getting blanked or abused themselves.

I just don't think people like someone else telling them what to do (even if its blatantly wrong / inappropriate). Makes them feel like school kids probably. They get defensive and abusive instead of being mature enough or sensible enough to realise and accept what they are doing / saying is affecting others around them and apologise and modify their behaviour accordingly.

One of the reasons I don't get a season ticket.. It can ruin your season if you get lumbered with people you hate. Had one in the SE Corner before and the family behind me spouted the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. Eventually I lost it and we had words but bleedin hell it was a long season. Could have asked the club to move seats I suppose but just did not think of it at the time. Besides everyone else was okay.

Much rather move around now.. Been in the East Stand most of the season right by the away fans at the top.. SW Corner still best in my opinion.

I am going through a period of smug self satisfaction ATM as I have always been an Ince fan. . There is a bloke who has just moved in next to my seat. Nice bloke, knowledgable but a grump of the first order. First conversation a few matches back .....

Me - Glad Ince is playing, love watching him take a man on

Him - waste of space, lazy, only interested in himself

Me - (ever trying to avoid discord ;)) perhaps, but all teams need a creator, with a spark of genius don't they ? 

Him - we've got one in Hughes, don't need any fancy Dans like Ince

5 hours ago, JW37 said:

People that sit in the south stand but refuse to join in singing ??? (and spend most of the game on their phones)

They only moved there because it was cheaper not to sing. Couple next to me did it, never sang but were delighted in telling me how much it would save them.

Biggest one for me is the inevitable sighs of discontent as someone in a Derby shirt plays it backwards and keeps possession as opposed to pumping it long. Not as bad now as it was when we first started playing it around under Nigel but still, these people would rather we had Tony Pulis at the helm. Drives me insane.

1 minute ago, utisbug said:

Biggest one for me is the inevitable sighs of discontent as someone in a Derby shirt plays it backwards and keeps possession as opposed to pumping it long. Not as bad now as it was when we first started playing it around under Nigel but still, these people would rather we had Tony Pulis at the helm. Drives me insane.

Another one to add to my growing list of fans contradictions.

pass it around the back? "Get it forward you idiot"

play it forward quickly? "Stop hoofing it you idiot, pass the ball"

opposition keeps the ball at the back "their passing it around you Derby, their running the game, get into them"

derby keeps the ball at the back "it's tippy tippy rubbish, get it forward"

2 minutes ago, utisbug said:

That's probably the only issue i've got with a couple of those within earshot of me. Vast majority are a great bunch, good mixture of young and old, funny, friendly and good humoured. Occasionally one will have a rant at the ref or a player, even the ball boy! and others round him will give it "yeah, yeah" or make noises like the house of commons and every one laughs.

But there's one bloke who shouts "kick it feckin forward" every time we pass.....when we do hoof it and it inevitable comes straight back we tell him its his fault.

Its not a problem at all tbh because we are right at the back so players will never hear individual abuse from up there.

On 1/21/2017 at 19:03, SK47 said:

Just got back from the game and had a great day (It is also my 28th Birthday!)

But i did have to listen to some absolute cretin sat near me shouting at players when there was no need..  Insulting Keogh everytime he came short for Carson, screaming "Your **** with the ball Keogh" and just generally moaning about everything to the point even our own fans  were shouting at him to shut up.

Firstly Happy Birthday for Saturday!

Secondly you can take this along next time to shut the f****r up:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-boss-says-this-player-is-the-best-centre-back-in-the-championship/story-30079025-detail/story.html

Derby County boss says this player is the best centre back in the Championship
He won 10 headers, made eight clearances, had a 78% passing success and one assist, for Darren Bent's equaliser.

All the Keogh hate is utter madness. He's awesome.

Did anybody see his face when Bent's MATV scored?

True passion.

And annoying supporters - last 2 home games I've been to I've been next to lads who have been on their phone's through the ENTIRe first and second half. Managed to have a break at half time mind.

Why? 

Archived