Annoying Supporters

SK47

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KBB said:

Another one to add to my growing list of fans contradictions.

pass it around the back? "Get it forward you idiot"

play it forward quickly? "Stop hoofing it you idiot, pass the ball"

opposition keeps the ball at the back "their passing it around you Derby, their running the game, get into them"

derby keeps the ball at the back "it's tippy tippy rubbish, get it forward"

It's all about decision making and having the vision and brains to pass it around when required play it forward quickly or even hoof it out when required. These calls may sound contradictory but all situations are different and it's the decisions made in different circumstances that make a good player. 

I will admit to being an annoying supporter for a while, though young Ilkley says that I still embarrass him at times......

I've had the same seats at the Ipro since it opened and for the first few years the same moaning couple sat directly in front of me and young Ilkley.  We were watching Jim Smith's side for Christ's sake.  They were probably (then) in their mid 50's, both small for their age and she had a face like a slapped a*** in its normal 'happy' state.  They started moaning from minute one and didn't let up until minute 85 (they always left early) however good (or bad) the performance was.  If he'd ever run anything more than a play pen then I'd have been surprised but he was one of life's complainers and she was the same.

The player they both hated more than most was Darryl Powell and although you'd struggle to make a case that Darryl was the greatest Ram ever, he certainly wasn't the worst and he played a significant part in a good team over a number of seasons.  After half a season of Darryl doing no right according to Mr and Mrs Moanalot I hit on the idea of effusively and loudly overpraising everything that Darryl did, however misplaced the pass, leaning forward to make sure that they heard.  At first they laughed to each other about the stupidity of the guy behind but after about a season they started twitching.  At the start of the next season they were gone. Bliss.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

It's all about decision making and having the vision and brains to pass it around when required play it forward quickly or even hoof it out when required. These calls may sound contradictory but all situations are different and it's the decisions made in different circumstances that make a good player. 

Gritter you are an annoying fan. You sit in the West Stand. 

My point proven.

1 hour ago, Igor said:

All the Keogh hate is utter madness. He's awesome.

Did anybody see his face when Bent's MATV scored?

True passion.

And annoying supporters - last 2 home games I've been to I've been next to lads who have been on their phone's through the ENTIRe first and second half. Managed to have a break at half time mind.

Why? 

They're brain dead and need constant artificial stimulation.

I remember the days not that long ago actually before mobiles and to get a message to someone you had to ring the club and get them to put a message over the pa system.

I got one such away at Hull at Boothferry Park that my ex partner had been rushed into hospital.

Nowadays for some, the football at the game is secondary to texting, checking bets / scores and taking pointless photos and videos.

I wouldn't be surprised if they drink that yellow stuff in tins. They're idiots.

2 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

They're brain dead and need constant artificial stimulation.

I remember the days not that long ago actually before mobiles and to get a message to someone you had to ring the club and get them to put a message over the pa system.

I got one such away at Hull at Boothferry Park that my ex partner had been rushed into hospital.

Nowadays for some, the football at the game is secondary to texting, checking bets / scores and taking pointless photos and videos.

I wouldn't be surprised if they drink that yellow stuff in tins. They're idiots.

Talking of messages over the PA. I went to the Man U v DIrties cup semi final in the 70's at Hillsborough. The PA announcement about 10 mins before kick off .. "Will the owner of Austin Allegro HMA 843H please attend their vehicle as it is on fire" 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Talking of messages over the PA. I went to the Man U v DIrties cup semi final in the 70's at Hillsborough. The PA announcement about 10 mins before kick off .. "Will the owner of Austin Allegro HMA 843H please attend their vehicle as it is on fire" 

Your memory is not that good HMA 843H is a 1969/70 plate

They did not start making Allegros untill 1973 :whistle:

Just now, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Lol .. I made the number up. HMA  Came from my first new car a 79 fiesta and the 843 H came from my first car a 69/70 Mini 1000 .. In rust and mustard with kill em dead wipac spotlights. the cup semi was 75 or 76 I forget which but defo,it was an allegro but my memory didn't quite stretch to the reg number :unsure:

In the most nerdy and annoying way I can remember the reg numbers of something like 20 odd vehicles that I have run or owned or been "involved with" with over the last 40 years and a handful of my mum and dads as well  .. Sad weird or what ! ? 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

In the most nerdy and annoying way I can remember the reg numbers of something like 20 odd vehicles that I have run or owned or been "involved with" with over the last 40 years and a handful of my mum and dads as well  .. Sad weird or what ! ? 

I can remember the first car reg my Dad brought home 444 TNN an Austin A 40 

He also had an Allegro many years later LOL

1 minute ago, jono said:

Sad, weird and nerdy. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

They only moved there because it was cheaper not to sing. Couple next to me did it, never sang but were delighted in telling me how much it would save them.

The club should've made the North Stand the cheapest area and specified that the South Stand would be a singing area, hopefully they can do when it comes to renewels maybe something the 1884 group could suggest?

2 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Now thats what I call a good post.

exactly what i come on here for.

Archived