Annoying Supporters

SK47

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine if you could report smelly people to the club. They would get a letter:

dear occupant of seat BB*** 

we have received complaints regarding your personal hygiene and as this is spoiling the enjoyment of fellow fans in your vacinity please shower, wear clean clothes and don't eat garlic. 

The wearing of half a pint of after shave is also offensive in my opinion, I've spent 90 minutes gagging on the fumes 

21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Forgive my ignorance but would it? I thought with safe standing you still had a 'seat' as such but just behind a rail? So wouldnt we just get the same one each time just like we currently do with seats?

No, forgive MY ignorance Paul. I wasn't aware of of this.

Not sure there is any solution then for clubs where most seats are sold out.

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

I was sat next to this old dear, who smelt of booze, insisted on "bouncing" and said I must be a "fookin red" as I didn't participate.

I nearly beckoned over a steward when she grabbed my tartan blanket from over my knees and started waving it around her head whilst singing "since I was young"

thank god she fell asleep the second half.

oh, Johnny Russel was her Man of the Match, but I just think she finds him attractive.

She did know the off side rule though.

24 months of watching Darren Bent for you! 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Forgive my ignorance but would it? I thought with safe standing you still had a 'seat' as such but just behind a rail? So wouldnt we just get the same one each time just like we currently do with seats?

Why though Paul? I expect that's what will happen because the police will probably want to try to know who occupies which space, but why should it be so? There will be a set number of spaces so the club won't be able to sell more tickets than there are spaces, but there's no reason why it can't then be first come first served/stand where you like or where there's a space

Just now, ilkleyram said:

Why though Paul? I expect that's what will happen because the police will probably want to try to know who occupies which space, but why should it be so? There will be a set number of spaces so the club won't be able to sell more tickets than there are spaces, but there's no reason why it can't then be first come first served/stand where you like or where there's a space

I suppose you could argue the same for the current system then. The advantage of having a specified seat is I guess you can be assured you can be with your friends or family, a free for all may make this difficult.

Last couple of seasons a guy in the north east corner near to us is similar.

Hes quietened down a bit now, but probably only because he knows he pisses off everyone around him.

And people celebrate if he leaves early or goes down early for half time beer etc.

Anyway going back to him... he is only happy when we are winning handsomely and scoring goals for fun.

Anything else.... which is of course normal, he sees as a failure by the team.

Life isnt like that, the uncalled for abuse he sends to the players and infact the team when all is not perfect is embarassing. I dont think he realises what contistues a game of football. If the other team is playing well, and can keep the ball, that to him is only because Derby let it happen, and so deserve ridicule. The frustration said fan shows when we dont have the ball, just shows what a numpty he is. I wish some people would realise that football isnt an exact science and there are 2 teams out there, there are ricochets, and there are second balls that are contested between both teams. I know some fans see the game through rose tinted specs with ram emblems on them, but this guy takes that to a whole new level.

1 hour ago, The 1884 Group said:

No complaints from SW corner? It surely can't be perfect?!

To be fair, probably the best part of the ground for this.. Had a season ticket up there last season and hand on heart, no moaners. I am sure there are some but I never heard them. Much better than the south stand and east stands.

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

To be fair, probably the best part of the ground for this.. Had a season ticket up there last season and hand on heart, no moaners. I am sure there are some but I never heard them. Much better than the south stand and east stands.

Bloke behind me in the SW upper was a real Martin hater about 3 years ago until another bloke shouted him down and he never says a peep now.

Only annoying person near me in the SW now is the woman who shouts "shoot" every time the ball falls to a derby player 40 yards out. 

36 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Obviously this topic belongs on another thread/forum. But I can see this being the reason why Police and security/safety personnel inside football grounds want there to be NO return to safe standing.

The above stated people and indeed clubs are now obsessed with knowing everything about you, and having data. But then thats not just football clubs is it, im sure many lines of work are exactly the same now.

I for one hate this.

Even when mel was giving out free scarves to season ticket holders, they needed your details so they could see which fans had taken up the offer, and presumably so no fan would try take 2 scarves (as if anyone would want to do that) and in recent reserve games or U23 which are free to season ticket holders, you cant show your ticket in the turnstile anymore and sit un an unreserved seat .... no you must get a ticket from the office with an allocated seat number, and stay there, despite their being 100s and thousands of free ones to choose from. Its all big brother stuff, and them knowing exactly who is where should anything untoward happen.

In germany im pretty sure anyone can just go up and buy a ticket, as long as you have the cash, what do they care about your name, address, customer number etc etc. but in england even as a new fan who has never been to a game, you cannot buy a ticket without first having all your details taken for their databases and you being allocated a customer number. God I hate this big brother stuff.

It was great yesterday when a bloke who looked like Santa got up and screamed at the annoying fella to shut up, including some stronger words in the sentence too. It still didn't put him off from having a go and shouting at the players to press, even when the ball was out of play for an injury.

4 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I sit in the east lower right next to the away fans, there's a guy behind me somewhere the constantly slates Johnny Russell. Russell responded with a f*** off at the last home game before Reading! 

He sits exactly in front of me 3 rows down, when Johnny give it back everyone around him gave him some.

He literally can't help himself, you give him some grief and he shuts up, but not for long.

Thing is, he looks like a kindly old grandad at the match with his family, not a lunatic.

2 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Theres a halfwitted women in the north stand who screams piercingly after every derby goal. For about 5 seconds. she is a retard of about 60 and i am thinking about tsking a contract out on her.

That's probably me. Sorry.

I am not a retard, though. (What an unenlightened descriptor.)

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

He sits exactly in front of me 3 rows down, when Johnny give it back everyone around him gave him some.

He literally can't help himself, you give him some grief and he shuts up, but not for long.

Thing is, he looks like a kindly old grandad at the match with his family, not a lunatic.

He actually sits 5 seats to my  right. 

He's in his 30's. His dad sits next to me. 

He got loads of stick from his brother when he mouthed at Johnny and this week his brother was shouting we love you Jonny just to pee him off. 

Its actually a right mix where we are, some of us are opinionated but keep it to a level where only we discus it.

My step brother who sits to my left gets vocal normally towards the ref (if you heard his f****** kn**head rant sat it was quite funny). 

The dad of the bloke who sits next to me is your archetypical great bloke who has his chunters but the best thing is he always calls Butterfield 'Butterworth' and it has me laughing!! 

Some don't like Butterfield, I'm not a great fan of Russell, others don't like Ince....but what's great where we are is everyone else reminds each other when the player does something well, proper ribbing so it's a great place to sit. 

We even try to start a few chants as well which is no mean feat in the East stand. 

All got very supportive of the fan taken out by the over zealous cctv bloke and had words with the head stewards after so we try to look after our own in that area. 

Archived