Ross McCormack - Joined Fawaz's Circus

Curtains

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It never materialised? So what? Surely not the first time a deal has never happened which was expected Everybody said Jamie Vardy was signing for Arsenal last summer. It never happened.

My apologies, only we all thought you were ITK! Why didn't you say you were just guessing rather than pretending you had inside info, lame sad clickbait journalism just trying to gain twitter followers no doubt.

39 minutes ago, philmycock said:

My apologies, only we all thought you were ITK! Why didn't you say you were just guessing rather than pretending you had inside info, lame sad clickbait journalism just trying to gain twitter followers no doubt.

Company I worked for has two renowned journalists with plenty of contacts in the game. I was laying on what they told me, whether it being updates on Bradley Johnson, Callum O'Dowda or Lewis Walker.

Why would I pretend to have inside info? I don't know anybody who works for Derby, but the two journalists do. One knows Chris Martin's agent pretty well.

Whatever I was told when asked, I put it out on here. I sent a few guys like Sage a PM previously, so if you think I'm just making stuff up, ask him about it. 

Not everything you read in the papers will become official. If it did, Derby would boast a first-team squad of about 80 players.

I was curious to know why somebody would would just dismiss HITC news. Any HITC exclusive is done by writers who also post for Sky Sports and ESPN among other outlets. So if you're gong to rubbish them, I guess you're also going to rubbish Sky and ESPN too? Because the same people are writing the articles...

Any other article that isn't a HITC exclusive is just re-laid information (which is stated in the opening paragraph) or an opinion piece. Not sure why anyone would get worked up over those?

It's also worth stating that not all transfer rumours come from the club. It's very common for agents to contact outlets to create a story, all with the intentions of gaining their representative (the player) a better deal.... Such as Fernando Forestieri.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Company I worked for has two renowned journalists with plenty of contacts in the game. I was laying on what they told me, whether it being updates on Bradley Johnson, Callum O'Dowda or Lewis Walker.

Why would I pretend to have inside info? I don't know anybody who works for Derby, but the two journalists do. One knows Chris Martin's agent pretty well.

Whatever I was told when asked, I put it out on here. I sent a few guys like Sage a PM previously, so if you think I'm just making stuff up, ask him about it. 

Not everything you read in the papers will become official. If it did, Derby would boast a first-team squad of about 80 players.

I was curious to know why somebody would would just dismiss HITC news. Any HITC exclusive is done by writers who also post for Sky Sports and ESPN among other outlets. So if you're gong to rubbish them, I guess you're also going to rubbish Sky and ESPN too? Because the same people are writing the articles...

Any other article that isn't a HITC exclusive is just re-laid information (which is stated in the opening paragraph) or an opinion piece. Not sure why anyone would get worked up over those?

It's also worth stating that not all transfer rumours come from the club. It's very common for agents to contact outlets to create a story, all with the intentions of gaining their representative (the player) a better deal.... Such as Fernando Forestieri.

Someone did some calculations on the accuracy of the transfer news emanating from various outlets a couple of years ago. Sky Sports finished absolutely rock bottom. They made Nixon look world class.

Just now, eddie said:

Someone did some calculations on the accuracy of the transfer news emanating from various outlets a couple of years ago. Sky Sports finished absolutely rock bottom. They made Nixon look world class.

I'm not so sure on that Eddie. I could be wrong, but Sky Sports rarely post 'rumours', especially not in the same way which The Sun, Daily Star and The Mirror do. They post updates and confirmations mostly.

Unless this was from about four years ago. Ever since I started writing, they didn't have a 'rumour' mill section on their site. It's always been the 'Transfer Centre' which is just full of quotes, updates and confirmations.

17 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Appreciate you being honest that its all made up bollux. Cheers Bris.

Most of us know that's the case but some do believe because of their naivety so its good that you have made it clear that basically, no one has a clue what's going on until the clubs, agents and players actually come to an agreement. :D

18 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'm not so sure on that Eddie. I could be wrong, but Sky Sports rarely post 'rumours', especially not in the same way which The Sun, Daily Star and The Mirror do. They post updates and confirmations mostly.

Unless this was from about four years ago. Ever since I started writing, they didn't have a 'rumour' mill section on their site. It's always been the 'Transfer Centre' which is just full of quotes, updates and confirmations.

Yes, it was a while back, but at my age, time seems to pass very quickly nowadays so it could have been a few years.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-bruce-involved-furious-bust-9669110

Steve Bruce was involved in a furious stand-off with Ross McCormack on the striker’s own doorstep as the anger of Aston Villa ’s manager spilled over this week.

The club’s boss was involved in an incredible face-to-face confrontation with the Scot after he rang into the club saying he wasn’t available to train earlier this week.

Bruce has stood by McCormack, despite being upset with his fitness levels this season. He has already phoned in sick twice this season – and the Geordie was spitting mad at the level of his commitment.

So when the forward contacted Bodymoor Heath this week, Bruce was in no mood to compromise.

McCormack’s latest excuse was that he was unable to make training as the electric gates on his property would not open.

Bruce challenged his player, asking him to jump over the fence and to book a taxi in order to make training.

But McCormack responded by saying that they were going to be fixed and he would try to get to the club’s Bodymoor Heath training base.

Unfortunately for Villa’s £12m summer signing from Fulham, Bruce was not about to take ‘No’ for an answer.

He discovered where McCormack lived and drove around to his house. He then jumped over the fence and rang on the doorbell whereupon he let rip at the startled player.

McCormack was left out of Villa’s squad for the game against Preston North End yesterday.

And Bruce was in no mood for reconcilliation at the final whistle.

He said: “In my opinion, he’s not fit enough to play unless his attitude and record of missing training improves.

“If he keeps missing training like he does – then that will be the situation.

“He has just not turned off. The latest excuse was that his gates had stuck but he couldn’t jump over a fence that was four feet six inches high.

“There has been too much indiscipline at this club for way too long.

“Not in 20 years of management have I gone down this road of publicly shaming a player but I have to make a stand because I won't put up with it. Not on my watch.

“I ask only one thing. When I tell them they are in, everyone else is in. How can I pick him when he doesn’t want to come training?

“It’s happened more than once. Everyone can have an excuse for one occasion but when it is more than that I will not accept it.”

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Was the suggestion to sell Russell and bring in McCormack?

Rather keep Russell does a hell of a lot more defensively than McCormack would although he needs to get more confident going forward missed 2 good chances to get atleast a shot on target today.

Archived