So who can we make money on?

Sparkle

Following on from a few posters who like to see us make a profit on a player how many have we actually got where people can see a genuine transfer profit?

for me the obvious ones are 

Hughes Martin Russell Ince Carson 

possible ones would be Thorne and Christie and Bryson 

i can only currently see losses on Vydra Blackman wieman camara butterfield Johnson shackell Anya Ollson nugent 

what do people think? and does it say about the recruitment?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We paid the following fee's for the squad. From what I can find on the internet.

Carson - FREE

Roos - £30,000

Christie - £750K "Compensation fee" - As he was out of contract at Coventry

Keogh - £1m

Lowe - Academy product

Forsyth - £150,000

Pearce - FREE

Shackell - £3m

Olsson - £750,000

Hanson - Academy product

Baird - FREE

Thorne - £3.2m

Johnson - £6m

Bryson - £450,000

Hughes - Academy product

Butterfield - £5m

Ince - £4.75m

Russell - £750,000

Martin - FREE

Anya - £4m

Camara - £1.25m

Bent - FREE

Blackman - £3.5m

Vydra - £8m

Nugent - £2.5m

Weimann - £2.75m

These are either found on Wikipedia or googled their rumoured transfer fee's.

I suppose on todays prices only Vydra really seems a stupid price (especially if we actually sold Martin for £9m!).

I guess we could get bits and pieces back or better on most of them. If we could get to the Prem I reckon we could get good deals on all of them - Prem players cost more dontcha know! ;)

I say we should ditch thoughts of playoffs,  pack the team with those we think we want to move on, play as good a formation as we're able, hopefully pick up some wins and performance that makes them look good enough to want to buy and then open the bidding. 

Roos

Bird         Rawson    Shackle     Olson

Weimann   Johnson Butterfield  camara 

Vydra    bent 

Pearo''s dream team :lol:

4 minutes ago, admira said:

Jeez, I knew Mel had invested a bit but that squad adds up to £47,830,000 in transfer fees!!

Just highlights how much more important those choosing the players are than the players themselves. 

Not many of the fees seemed too over the top at the time. Most seem so now, really.

16 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Just highlights how much more important those choosing the players are than the players themselves. 

Not many of the fees seemed too over the top at the time. Most seem so now, really.

It's been revealed since that some are higher too! Butters will go up to £6,000,000, BJ was £7,000,000, because of tax I think Ince ended up at over £5,000,000!

44 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I say we should ditch thoughts of playoffs,  pack the team with those we think we want to move on, play as good a formation as we're able, hopefully pick up some wins and performance that makes them look good enough to want to buy and then open the bidding. 

Roos

Vydra    bent 

I like this idea,might have to change it when we get to League 2 though.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Roos

Vydra    bent 

Would probably get about £13 mil for that lot. Cost us around £26 mil. Oh dear what a cock up!!

1 hour ago, admira said:

Jeez, I knew Mel had invested a bit but that squad adds up to £47,830,000 in transfer fees!!

How about the incoming transfer fees?

Hendrick £10m
Grant £1.5m (nothing if not an unexpected windfall!)
Martin £2m loan fee (with another £7m to come?)
Albentosa £680k
Shotton £300k
Dawkins £500k

Unbelievably (unless I'm mistaken) before that the last player we sold for a fee was Paul Coutts!

Archived