Pearson's transfer window

Sparkle

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Aye and they all made monumental mistakes in their time an' all. 

Sir Alex didn't make any did he.  20 titles and Champions League winner and also his achievements at Aberdeen were amazing .

Lost count of the Cups he won. 

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Sir Alex didn't make any did he.  20 titles and Champions League winner and also his achievements at Aberdeen were amazing .

Lost count of the Cups he won. 

Juan Veron, getting rid of Jaap Stam, he admitted that himself, Djemba Djemba (spelling) that Italian goalie, don't get me wrong, there will probably never be anyone of his like again but wasn't above the odd mistake.

Maybe not telling the FA to do one when they forced United to go to Brazil to play in a tin pot tournament we never hear of now. I suspect that could have been difficult mind because it was all about us getting a World Cup. 

8 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Juan Veron, getting rid of Jaap Stam, he admitted that himself, Djemba Djemba (spelling) that Italian goalie, don't get me wrong, there will probably never be anyone of his like again but wasn't above the odd mistake.

Maybe not telling the FA to do one when they forced United to go to Brazil to play in a tin pot tournament we never qualify for now. I suspect that could have been difficult mind because it was all about us getting a World Cup. 

FTFY

1 hour ago, Waffle said:

I wonder what Nigel's up to now days...

Presumably thinking of becoming a motivational speaker?

"You're all rubbish and I'm bringing in Chris wheal to replace you.

Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals.....well you can't, and you can't, and you won't if you keep messing around with that "creating" and "skillful" nonsense.

Now line up against the brick wall for the head attitude realignment exercise"

9 hours ago, curtains said:

It really annoys me that Mel and Sam and most of the fan base wanted Pearson and now it's all forgotten.

They knew he play 4-4-2 and Martin was a 4-3-3 man which suits McClaren. 

The owners sacked McCLAREN , Clement , Wassall , Pearson didn't they. 

I didn't want Pearson, but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Pearson wasn't just a 4-4-2 man, in his last season at Leicester he used so many different formations, including 4-3-3.

He obviously said the right things to Mel and Sam in his interview, then didn't follow through woth what he said.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

I didn't want Pearson, but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Pearson wasn't just a 4-4-2 man, in his last season at Leicester he used so many different formations, including 4-3-3.

He obviously said the right things to Mel and Sam in his interview, then didn't follow through woth what he said.

I'd also add, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 whatever formation isn't the same as style of play, I don't think it was that it was 4-4-2 so much as he wanted a Pearson type of4-4-2 playing in a Pearson type manner.

We seem to have odd moments of looking like a 4-4-2 and being quite good under Mac

Martin going out has been a good thing I think.

It's forced us to stop relying on him and utilise others for our goalscoring needs.

Bent and Ince have been the main beneficiaries, and pretty sure we wouldn't have got Nugent if Martin had returned.

When Chrissy comes back we'll now always have a plan B.

Yes we aren't relying so much on CM's goals, and we've gotten better at playing without him - but this is mostly down to Ince.

It's a slight worry that the midfield isn't popping up with as many goals, something we definitely miss. With Martin in the side, you'd easily get 10-15 (total) from the likes of Johnson, Butterfield, Bryson and Hughes. There's something about Martin's play that drags us 5 yards further up the pitch.

Our top scorers so far this season (League goals):

Ince - 11
Bent - 7
Pearce, Vydra, Johnson, Hughes - 2
Forsyth, Bryson, Blackman, Anya, Russell, Christie - 1

Bent has outscored the entire midfield so far this season, and I expect it will stay that way. I was never expecting Bryson to get anywhere near 16 goals again, but you need to be getting about 5-7 a piece from your midfielders. We'll be lucky to get 10 from them at the current rate.

Compare it to the end of last season:

Martin - 15
Ince - 12
Russell - 10
Butterfield - 7
Johnson - 5
Weimann - 4
Bryson - 3
Bent, Thorne, Hendrick - 2

If Martin does come back - cheers to Fulham for keeping him match fit, by the way - it'll help the midfielders out no end.

I have on occassion thought to myself that the main error of pearson was the Vydra for Martin deal.

I mean if 2 up front is required we did (at that time) have Martin, Bent, Ince, Weiman, Blackman, even Russell ??

Surely two can be permed from that but.....

... I have to say this Martin and AN Other has not worked out has it

So despite being one of the people who did not want Pearson, I think I could see why he did this.

Oh no have I just defended him !!!

Archived