Pearson's transfer window

Sparkle

out - Hendrick £10.5 million Martin £2-3 million loan (both wanted away as Pearson was not a popular fella)

in - Vydra £8.5 million Anya £4.5 million 

so how did we do? Looks like disaster currently doesn't it for many reasons what do you think? 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair i think its good business for what we got (or potentially going to get). Agree we have yet to determine if we wil lget value from Vydra, Anya i think could be ok.

In fairness though had we played hendrick and martin last night instead of say bryson/bent...we would have still lost..

I'm still down we lost Hendrick but £10.5million is a good price and I'm pleased he's now playing PL football (I'd have preferred if it was with us). 7/10

Martin should have just been sold or kept, not this season-long loan nonsense and the 9,000 pages of circular discussions it has spawned. 0/10

Vydra - I think we maybe overpaid, but he looks a shadow of a footballer and isn't a wide player. 4/10

Anya - I think a decent price for a wide player, I've not seen enough of him. 5/10

Looking beyond the individuals to the premises that appear to underpin their recruitment and it was a disaster. 

Pearson stated consistently he wanted 2 up top. In that context vydra made sense. But who was going to be the target man for him to play off?

Then Pearson discovers what a number suspected,  that despite numbers we lacked powerful midfield players who could play in a 2 the way he wanted.

His answer to that one seemed to be to play 2 deep midfielder players but that clearly wasn't going to work. 

So he seemed to have no overall plan to get us into a place where the team could function in his preferred system.

But he went ahead and signed part of it anyway, then seemingly looked confused as to why only having part of his system meant that it didn't work. 

Then we changed the system. Not the fault of vydra and anya. But can they be re-coached to fit OUR system?  Don't know but it hasn't looked especially promising. 

15 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

I'm still down we lost Hendrick but £10.5million is a good price and I'm pleased he's now playing PL football (I'd have preferred if it was with us). 7/10

Martin should have just been sold or kept, not this season-long loan nonsense and the 9,000 pages of circular discussions it has spawned. 0/10

Vydra - I think we maybe overpaid, but he looks a shadow of a footballer and isn't a wide player. 4/10

Anya - I think a decent price for a wide player, I've not seen enough of him. 5/10

Good analysis!

52 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

out - Hendrick £10.5 million Martin £2-3 million loan (both wanted away as Pearson was not a popular fella)

in - Vydra £8.5 million Anya £4.5 million 

so how did we do? Looks like disaster currently doesn't it for many reasons what do you think? 

Outgoings we did well apart from martin which was a disaster. Selling shotton albentosa bucko and loaning grant as well as very good money for Hendrick. 

but incoming , we wasted most of the transfer window, not strengthening when and where we needed to, and then on the last day splashing over £12 million on two players who don't look any better than what we already had. 

I dont think Pearson could have done any worse if he had been trying. 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Outgoings we did well apart from martin which was a disaster. Selling shotton albentosa bucko and loaning grant as well as very good money for Hendrick. 

but incoming , we wasted most of the transfer window, not strengthening when and where we needed to, and then on the last day splashing over £12 million on two players who don't look any better than what we already had. 

I dont think Pearson could have done any worse if he had been trying. 

Basically what I was implying - I hate transfer windows

Just now, Harrowram said:

Pearson was a disaster and cost us any chance of automatic promotion this season with 6 points from the first 9 games. if Derby had had an average start to the season we would be level on points with Leeds now with a chance of catching Newcastle.

What about McClarens last 4 league games they haven't been great have they. 

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

What about McClarens last 4 league games they haven't been great have they. 

You can use any set of statistics to prove a point though? How about looking at his tenure with us overall since he came back, where would we be in the league if you looked at it like that? I'd say thats a more telling stat not a small isolated set of results.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

You can use any set of statistics to prove a point though? How about looking at his tenure with us overall since he came back, where would we be in the league if you looked at it like that? I'd say thats a more telling stat not a small isolated set of results.

I think McClaren has done great since he came back no doubt about it  .

I think the hard work starts now for Mac and I think he needs time  .

Football is a fickle industry.

Gary Rowett got sacked at Brum and it's no secret I wanted him at Derby and I still have him here now  .

Sam and Mel are in charge and I hope they get it right for DCFC  

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think McClaren has done great since he came back no doubt about it  .

I think the hard work starts now for Mac and I think he needs time  .

Football is a fickle industry.

Gary Rowett got sacked at Brum and it's no secret I wanted him at Derby and I still have him here now  .

Sam and Mel are in charge and I hope they get it right for DCFC  

You mean you have kidnapped him and holding him against his will? :)

I think selling Hendrick was fantastic business for the money we got. Vydra is a incredibly poor signing. 

Anya is a good signing, I don't think he's really had a bad game and can cover a number of positions. 

Loaning Martin may well go down as one of the worst transfers in or out that this club has ever done. In fact, I think it is quite symbolic of Pearson's time here. Beyond horrific. 

Just who loans out their top scorer and a key playmaker?

Hi Fulham, yeah what we'll do is loan him to you. If he does as well for you as he did for us then you can buy him. If he's rubbish then send him back and we'll have a worse and older player back than the one we gave you. What do you say? 

We should put a loan bid in for Chris Wood

Thing to remember, Hendrick.had made up his mind at/after the euros he was going, we screwed over ten million out of Burnley (every penny a prisoner).

It was the lumping everything on vydra in and martin out that stunk us up,it was never even a good plan to get the best out of 442 fgs to have vydra/Wilson miles away from anyone.

Anya not to bad, he has been injured a bit, shunted about a bit and whilst he's no Ince, he's the equal of the other side players and can cover full back. Did we need to buy him? To be honest, probably not,but he's a likeable player of some use.

Archived