Perspective

Bris Vegas

No goals in last 3 league games and only a debatable penalty in the one previous to that,forget the cup game they always bring up strange results.

Is it the talk of being linked to so many new signings that is again unsettling the players as January seems to be a comman month were we just crumble.

Last night proved we are still lacking in certain areas and if Sheff Weds win this weekend a gap is now starting to appear between us and the play off places

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well well, @curtains you've been fairly quiet by your standards just lately, a couple of dodgy results/performances and you're back having a pop.

It must have been a pain in the arse for you to see us climb the league from the third bottom your preferred manager left us in to (albeit briefly) the play off places.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

Hope so. 

Funny how Mac couldn't do it at Newcastle though. 

He has had his honeymoon period at Derby and now it starts in earnest for him  .

He will need a few seasons to get it right and prove he's the right man to get us promoted  

What a manager does at one club has no effect or guarantee it will happen at another. The 1 thing I had hoped for after Pearson's terrible spell here is that people would finally get that.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

What a manager does at one club has no effect or guarantee it will happen at another. The 1 thing I had hoped for after Pearson's terrible spell here is that people would finally get that.

Results and performances at the end of the day will dictate how a manager is viewed. 

Mac needs time at Derby but that doesn't mean he will be a success. 

I wanted Gary Rowett at Derby but he might have failed. 

Up the Rams. 

Time will tell if Sam and Mel have got it right for DCFC .

53 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

We are that.

I am confident we will have more positive days than negative between now and the end of the season,i still think we will make the play offs.

Managerial changes dont help and I agree Pearson is probably the one who made the biggest hash of it. Clement I think some of the signings were forced on us (johnson/butters) because of injury although i have yet to see any value in buying blackman and camara.

My only gripe with your post is Steve did not decide to bog off to newcastle, he had publicly committed to Derby at the end of the season only for Mel to pull the trigger and sack him, he only then went to newcastle, his failure was not doing so earlier which may have resulted in him staying who knows.

6 minutes ago, swiftur said:

McLaren was seduced by Newcastle and courted their attention.morris and rush new at the beginning of December.Fact.

But is it a fact? How do you know?

13 hours ago, James1989 said:

Im not saying this because of tonight but I'm saying this because of the last 3 seasons. We are not physically or mentally strong for promotion. Russel and Christie are poor. Bryson is past his best big time and needs replacing. Need at least 3 good players not another camara or blackman. Learn form you mistakes Derby buy 2 quality and not 6 average players 

Maybe Pearson was right ,but was going about it the wrong way.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Well well, @curtains you've been fairly quiet by your standards just lately, a couple of dodgy results/performances and you're back having a pop.

It must have been a pain in the arse for you to see us climb the league from the third bottom your preferred manager left us in to (albeit briefly) the play off places.

No quite the opposite I've been delighted we have done well under McClaren .

Hope we get back on track again soon. 

Last 3 league games have been under par. 

3 Big games coming up and we need to get back to winning ways sharpish 

Our last 2 performances in particular have been concerning as we are getting out thought and over run in midfield this as now caused us to have 2 sending offs in last two games

We came a distant second in a two horse race last night and we need defenders back from injury to also make the back four more settled.Reading at home next and watching there game the other night they also did not look any thing special.So i will be there and hoping for 3 points

52 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Because he was always going to go to Newcastle. Do you enjoy splitting hairs or is it a real pain? 

So why didn't we hold out for the compensation then? Why didn't he go after the season finished when they wanted him for the last game of the season? Why did he say 2 days before he was sacked that he was staying and wanted to get us promoted and finish the job he started? Let me guess, because he was staying, until he was sacked.

It really isn't a difficult conundrum to sort

The rams haven't enough enforcer/winners in the squad to ever get up. especially in midfield 

Steve is nervous of getting such players in his squad because he hasn't got a strong enough character to impose on such guys

Its horses for courses and we are where we are. Its not too bad, quite enjoyable , but will never get us to the Prenmier, even if thats what we want

Archived