Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

Can't complain at half time, poor old Hanson at lb can't stop any crosses (not his fault) and as expected camara not close enough to help, Johnson is useful in the air but can't do the groundwork needed in central midfield , bent hasn't seen the ball in a forward position with Ince looking decent

surly hanson should come off and shackell move to left back and Pearce coming up on also with nugent on for bent, depending on the scoreline either Russell or Vydra on for camara.

our injury list is showing in this game

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Well to be fair 1-0 isnt bad after that. I don't even think it was us being that bad they just battered us...

It was both... We were very poor. But Hernandez is pure quality. 

Think our main issue here is in the middle of the park. We have no hold up playing coming from Bent (not his game), and De Sart and Bryson in my opinion have been a bit too light weight and are losing the battle. I would bring on Hughes for Bryson and Nugent for Bent and then hopefully we should hold more of the ball in posession to bring in our attacking players.

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

To be fair I'm not going to sit there lording over hernandez when we've got will on the bench . Looks a good player but nothing we haven't seen or come across before.

Come on mate, Hernandez is a better player than Hughes or was at his peak, he is a former champions league player

Why don't Leeds just put three players on Ince? Mark him out the game and we have absolutely no threat whatsoever.

And what Pearce did to deserve being dropped I will never know. Shackell still cant pass for toffee and cant even defend tonight.

De Sart looks bloody awful tonight as well. Switch back to the system we used pre FA Cup.

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Hope all the people slating Johnny Russell watched how much we missed him in that first half! Absolutely zero defensive protection. Has not worked, wrong selection by Steve. 

Indeed, I wanted Russell out and Camara seemed to play well the other day but he's been woeful here, although I still think weimann could do a better job than Russell if we were to make a change

They have targeted our right hand side and its paying dividends for them. I think Russell will be on in the second to give Hanson more protection. Leeds should be out of sight here.  De Sart is struggling a bit, but seems to be improving. 

Half time and we are still in this, lets see, second half will be better

Archived