De Sart - Signed on loan

Day

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KBB said:

Sure he was good, but was he Bob Malcolm v Wolves good?

Don't ,I remember that game looked world class all the other games he was absolutely garbage , the other player was Jeff Chandler again started like a world beater got whacked and looked very poor afterwards.

1 minute ago, BoroWill said:

Dream on lads, he's ours. Enjoy him while you can.

I'm only joking,

But you do sound a lot like those WBA fans not too long ago :whistle:

11 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Dream on lads, he's ours. Enjoy him while you can.

Haha! Think a few of us on here are getting a bit carried away!

Still, put in an excellent shift in today and looked to fit our system perfectly. You've got a tidy little player on your hands there, @BoroWill!

11 minutes ago, Kernow said:

According to transfermarkt he only cost Boro about £2mil so if he did impress and Boro stay up and look to improve, it wouldn't be out of the question that he could stay.

We bought him as a long term option. He'd cost you £6-7m+ potentially.

Just now, BoroWill said:

We bought him as a long term option. He'd cost you £6-7m+ potentially.

I understand that. I have never seen him play, I didn't go today, but the Radio Derby commentators only had good things to say about him. We've had a few successful loan signings in recent years. George Thorne and Tom Ince both enjoyed it so much here, they pretty much went on strike at their parent clubs to force a move.

George Thorne was one for the future at West Brom. He only came here to build up match fitness after a long-term injury and their owner and fans told us we had no chance of signing him, but we did. I'm not saying that's going to happen of course, he may be raring to go back to Boro to prove himself. All I'm saying is that I thought you'd have paid more for him and it's not going to be difficult for Boro to make an easy profit if he is successful and does end up wanting to stay.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I understand that. I have never seen him play, I didn't go today, but the Radio Derby commentators only had good things to say about him. We've had a few successful loan signings in recent years. George Thorne and Tom Ince both enjoyed it so much here, they pretty much went on strike at their parent clubs to force a move.

George Thorne was one for the future at West Brom. He only came here to build up match fitness after a long-term injury and their owner and fans told us we had no chance of signing him, but we did. I'm not saying that's going to happen of course, he may be raring to go back to Boro to prove himself. All I'm saying is that I thought you'd have paid more for him and it's not going to be difficult for Boro to make an easy profit if he is successful and does end up wanting to stay.

I understand what happened with both Thorne and Ince. However I would point out that Thorne in particular had been shipped out on loan to numerous different clubs before coming to yourselves, I imagine he was pretty sick of being moved around every 6/12 months to a new team. As for Ince, who wouldn't want to get away from that Hull side?

When De Sart joined us it will have been made very clear to him that we didn't see him as a first team player immediately. The loan to Derby is all part of a planned trajectory to our first team, Leadbitter will leave this coming summer leaving a place in our squad for De Sart to move into when he returns from his loan. If he does fall in love with Derby and wants to move permanently then I'm sure we'd let him leave as we aren't a team to hold a grudge, but you'll be made to pay the going rate for a top young midfielder.

7 hours ago, BoroWill said:

I understand what happened with both Thorne and Ince. However I would point out that Thorne in particular had been shipped out on loan to numerous different clubs before coming to yourselves, I imagine he was pretty sick of being moved around every 6/12 months to a new team. As for Ince, who wouldn't want to get away from that Hull side?

When De Sart joined us it will have been made very clear to him that we didn't see him as a first team player immediately. The loan to Derby is all part of a planned trajectory to our first team, Leadbitter will leave this coming summer leaving a place in our squad for De Sart to move into when he returns from his loan. If he does fall in love with Derby and wants to move permanently then I'm sure we'd let him leave as we aren't a team to hold a grudge, but you'll be made to pay the going rate for a top young midfielder.

Fair enough. I just can't understand why he hasn't had more game time? I know I've only seen him for 96mins but what a player.

In fact I went up to the stands a bit early to soak in some atmosphere and the players were doing shooting practice. He was rifling all his shots top corner!

Loved the fact that he passed long so accurately that he stole balls was good in the air and directed traffic. Bj has been good but he's no general there. This dude is the real deal. Don't even need to see him a second time to know it - it was very apparent. Excellent signing by mcclaren here ... 

Archived