De Sart - Signed on loan

Day

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

it's Rhodes. The discussion is about the permanent element as Martin is desperate to get away from Fulham.

16 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

No it's not Rhodes. 

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

yes it is.

14 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

No it is NOT. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

er... I suppose I'd be better off pretending I am making it up in that case.

Bad line call. Play a let please.

To be fair, Rhodes did score the goals that got Boro promoted. Could do the same for us. People seem to think he wouldn't fit but I think he would. Strong, good in the air. Decent at holding the ball up. And most importantly, scores heaps. 

29 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

To be fair, Rhodes did score the goals that got Boro promoted. Could do the same for us. People seem to think he wouldn't fit but I think he would. Strong, good in the air. Decent at holding the ball up. And most importantly, scores heaps. 

I know Boro and Blackburn fans who would disagree with you on all of those points...

30 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

No he's not. That exactly the reason why Boro are looking to get rid of him, he can't play up front on his own.

Just now, PodgeyRam said:

No he's not. That exactly the reason why Boro are looking to get rid of him, he can't play up front on his own.

Did a fine job of it last season for them in the Championship. Has just struggled in the PL. Not surprised seeing as they brought Negredo in almost straight away to replace him. Would put anyone's nose out of place. 

Just now, cheron85 said:

Does you brother in law regularly watch both us and Blackburn? How does he know what we need?

Because he's forced to sit across the table from me and family gatherings and listen to me moan about in for hours on end.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Did a fine job of it last season for them in the Championship. Has just struggled in the PL. Not surprised seeing as they brought Negredo in almost straight away to replace him. Would put anyone's nose out of place. 

He was signed for them and then immediately benched. His main use was coming off the bench when Karanka rolled the dice in the second half of matches and went two up front. That would suggest to me that he couldn't do a fine job starting matches and holding the ball up like we would expect him to.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Because he's forced to sit across the table from me and family gatherings and listen to me moan about in for hours on end.

I'd suggest that having someone who has not regularly watched us suggesting he's the player we need is a mistake... It would seem he's suggesting we "need a goalscorer" when the truth is we need a player up top who has a more overall contribution AND can score goals...

Rhodes by all accounts from the Boro and Blackburn fans I know provides very little to the overall play of the side... And we're not a side who plays with a striker like that...

29 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

He was signed for them and then immediately benched. His main use was coming off the bench when Karanka rolled the dice in the second half of matches and went two up front. That would suggest to me that he couldn't do a fine job starting matches and holding the ball up like we would expect him to.

He scored 1 in 3 for Boro. He has scored less goals each season since 2012. he offers offers outside of scoring goals. We already have Bent that can offer half of what we need. We don't need a replica. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

it's Rhodes. The discussion is about the permanent element as Martin is desperate to get away from Fulham.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

No it's not Rhodes. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

yes it is.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

No it is NOT. :lol:

Islington_Punch_and_Judy.JPG

10 minutes ago, sage said:

He scored 1 in 3 for Boro. He has scored less goals each season since 2012. he offers nothing outside of scoring goals. We already have Bent that can offer half of what we need. We don't need a replica. 

FTFM

13 minutes ago, sage said:

He scored 1 in 3 for Boro. He has scored less goals each season since 2012. he offers offers outside of scoring goals. We already have Bent that can offer half of what we need. We don't need a replica. 

Not disagreeing with you as such but only 13 were starts, 5 off the bench. 1162 minutes on the pitch which is 12.9 games if I'm going super statty. 1 in 2 would be fairer. Do agree with the Bent thing tho. 

We seem to have drifted into a Jordan Rhodes thread but I guess Rhodes might be a good buy if we can establish a supply chain through other purchases.

There's not much supply from the wings through Ince and Russell who have other duties.

A goal hanger like Rhodes needs regular supply and his lack of work rate means he is only worth picking if he scores a goal.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

My brother-in-law is a Blackburn fan, seemed pretty sure he'd fit us nicely.

My mate a Blackburn fan (who watches both Derby and Blackburn regular by the way @cheron85) agrees. Thinks Rhodes is just what we have missed last few years.

Lets be honest Rhodes is a proven 20 LEAGUE goals a season striker :ph34r:

Archived