George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I've heard he's got a runny nose and his mum has wrote him a note to be excused today.

Dear Mr Rowett,

Please can George be excused games this week as he has a nasty cold.

And seeing as he is so poorly I haven't washed his kit so he's got nothing clean, but I'm sure he will be better for next week and I'll be washing on Sunday. 

Thank you sir,

Yours, 

Janice Thorne  (Mrs).

:lol:

In contention for the subs bench vs Cardiff? Surely a week is long enough to get over an chest infection.

I cant help but think a fully fit George Thorne would really rectify our midfield situation. Someone who can tackle, pass and move with the ball what a delightful combination.

24 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

In contention for the subs bench vs Cardiff? Surely a week is long enough to get over an chest infection.

I cant help but think a fully fit George Thorne would really rectify our midfield situation. Someone who can tackle, pass and move with the ball what a delightful combination.

Yes. Replaces Hudd for me . Bench at least surely?!

31 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

It'd help the situation but it wouldn't rectify it. We need someone mobile in there.

9 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Yes. Replaces Hudd for me . Bench at least surely?!

I would hope he is. We didnt have a single CM on the bench on tuesday.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

It'd help the situation but it wouldn't rectify it. We need someone mobile in there.

If you watch he videos he is no slouch no slower than who we already have just better everywhere else. Him and someone like Kieftenbeld would be useful. Thorne and Ledley would be a good combo to.

Just now, kingsy1884 said:

I would hope he is. We didnt have a single CM on the bench on tuesday.

If you watch he videos he is no slouch no slower than who we already have just better everywhere else. Him and someone like Kieftenbeld would be useful. Thorne and Ledley would be a good combo to.

Oh I agree, I think a thorne-ledley combo would go a significant way to fixing the midfield but I still think ideally you want Thorne paired with someone more mobile.

41 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

If it's proper bronchitis, it might take up to 6-7 weeks. But as we are talking about Thorne it could be career-threating flu.

No more excuses get him in from the start. If ledley can play cold turkey after a year in the wilderness then GT can.

Don't know where anyone gets high saying GT is slow because I don't recall ever seeing anyone get by him and he's got great closing speed and dispossess pretty much anyone nearby where the ball is more than 1 foot away from them. He's got long strides and he's cleverly quick. 

If you have Thorne in the middle and still find a way to lose the game you're a loser manager basically. That's my biased take.

10 minutes ago, Gritters said:

He is the messiah, God,  the second coming the answer to our prayers. 

He is while he's not playing anyway. 

Once back in the team he'll be fair game for a good slating on here.

Well if he ever gets the sort of treatment our shameful fans (some of ) dished out to Bradley Johnson last year then I will officially become a Burton fan.

Archived