George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

I heard that Thorne physically coughed up a lung last night before tripping over it and tearing his ACL.Then on the way to hospital he was handed his phone (which had started beeping to notify him of a tweet from Jonathan Douglas offering his well wishes), only for it to slip out of his hands (which were still covered in lung juice) and land on his leg, breaking it in two places. Can anyone confirm?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

I heard that Thorne physically coughed up a lung last night before tripping over it and tearing his ACL.Then on the way to hospital he was handed his phone (which had started beeping to notify him of a tweet from Jonathan Douglas offering his well wishes), only for it to slip out of his hands (which were still covered in lung juice) and land on his leg, breaking it in two places. Can anyone confirm?

It all sounded believable until you said Jonathan Douglas rang him. He'd never do that, the dirty C**T.

20 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

What makes zero sense? Playing him before he's fit?

No bud. Playing him when he's sick. I accept he needs games to get fit and perhaps I'm being overly pissy about it but why play a guy with a chest infection? I want the guy back ASAP like everyone else but I just can't see the angle at all, especially for an U23's game. 

Be really interesting to see what the club decide to do if he's less than 75% available from now until the end of the season. Undoubted class but if he's barely played by March, I wouldn't be shocked to see him released. Could be particularly tough for him if Ledley & Huddlestone strike up an effective partnership in front of the back 4.

7 hours ago, bcnram said:

Hadn't his contract run out at Palace after they didn't renew it? If that was the case then he certainly wasn't earning £25K per week from them; Or even £25. rather than paying a premium, I suspect that the player has had to take a drop and is now in a position where he has to prove himself.

This sounds like backchat to me.

And after Hkrammm has clearly warned...

8 hours ago, hkrammm said:

And don't argue back

11 hours ago, 86 points said:

No bud. Playing him when he's sick. I accept he needs games to get fit and perhaps I'm being overly pissy about it but why play a guy with a chest infection? I want the guy back ASAP like everyone else but I just can't see the angle at all, especially for an U23's game. 

With Rowett saying about Thorne going off "again it is frustrating", suggests to me Rowett is running slightly out of patience with him...i could be wrong.

A broken leg I can understand, 2 ACLs I can make peace with, but having to go off after 15 mins because of a cough, in an u23s game that doesn't really matter, I have an issue with.

I think Rowett must have said he is playing no matter what and the fact he came off after 15 minutes says a lot about his character. In my opinion.

11 hours ago, 86 points said:

Completely agree here. If someone isn't well enough - I don't see how he could have got anything out of playing unwell.

Archived