West Brom v Derby County (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

Looks like a 4-3-3 formation as expected

Carson

Baird  Keogh  Shackell Hanson

De Sart

Bryson       Johnson

Ince         Bent    Razza

Looks very solid defensively which will mean that Ince and Camara won't have to do much tracking back

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty well exactly the team I was expecting, with injuries we had little choice in a fair few positions- would have probably said vydra is a better option up front however considering we're likely to be playing heavily on the counter, although of course that does depend on pulis' tactics but we'll see what happens, hopefully we can cause an upset

The Pearce/Keogh/Johnson anchor missing and Jamie Hanson at LB looks solid defensively?

OK. I think we'll get dicked personally. Hope I'm wrong.

Just now, needles said:

The Pearce/Keogh/Johnson anchor missing and Jamie Hanson at LB looks solid defensively?

I meant solid defensively in that they shouldn't leave too many gaps in defence because Hanson and Baird won't go passed the half way line. Both Bryson and Johnson will also track back to support De Sart. I guess we will see 

2 minutes ago, needles said:

Would rather had Pearce in and Hanson no where near the back four. He Will get ripped a new one today. Beer, Man U on big screen and Oasis playing in the car park. Looking forward to a good sing song even if football doesn't go to plan 

18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I wouldn't call Hanson solid defensively. He's very naive in the way he defends. He gets too eager to win the ball, dives in, gets pulled out of position etc.

As a 5th choice LB though it could be worse

Have to agree with this, Hanson isn't a full back imo- he's got the tackling ability but like you say his positioning isn't really good enough and I'd also add his lack of pace causes a problem when faced by certain wingers. I'd say his position is in holding mid and when he plays he should be utilised there, however of course with the copious amount of left back injuries we had no choice today

13 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Last thing we want. I'd rather go out of the cup than play another 3rd round game.

Might as well scrap the FA Cup altogether then or just leave it to the lower leagues who seem to be the only ones who care about it these days.

Even Championship clubs fans find it a hindrance judging by your post Tombo.

I'm not having a dig at you Tombo. I think views like yours are commonplace now and sacrificing the cup to concentrate on promotion / survival seems to have now permeated the Championship.

I find it extremely sad but I can certainly understand it. Would Derby fans accept not getting into the play offs this season if they made the FA Cup final? Interesting to find out.

Archived