West Brom v Derby County (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

You don't think winning the FA Cup would attract attention from foreign businessmen?

It ain't all about money. When in your life do you think you'll see Derby win the FA Cup? That should be your priority as a fan. We're both young men, we'll certainly watch a Derby promotion one day. I would put everything I own on it. I wouldn't bet a single penny on Derby ever winning the FA Cup.

Was more of a tongue in cheek comment . However, we could have the richest man in the world here but if we are in the championship, it wouldn't make any difference because the FFP rules in the championship aren't as generous as in the prem, meaning that we would still have to spend sensibly 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hypothetically would anybody accept Portsmouths fate over the last 8 years or so following their Wembley appearance? This game is pointless for me, WBA are the type of side who should persue a cup run not us. Need to steer clear of injuries, suspension and fatigue not add to it. A so so team with a few players getting a chance to prove their worth. Shackell, Camara, Hanson and Di Sart getting game time is good, but adding maybe one more, be it Vernam, Guy or Elsnik would have been nice to see. A replay is the worst thing that could happen.

Worth asking Wigan supporters what they would have preferred  

Since winning the cup they've pretty much been in a downward spiral  

I suppose it could be similar to the saying 'better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all'  

Ha. I must be a few seconds behind on my ipad or some proper mystic megs on here! 

What I was about to say is that Ed Dawes has taken slightly longer than usual to pee me off. Getting all irate about the control of a player, like he could do it! Stick to telling me who has passed to whom and let Craig talk about footballers.

Sod all that though... we scored!! 

1 minute ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Worth asking Wigan supporters what they would have preferred  

Since winning the cup they've pretty much been in a downward spiral  

I suppose it could be similar to the saying 'better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all'  

On the other hand, a promotion always inevitably ends with relegation, eventually everything ends. Chances of you winning the league before that happens is next to zero. So what's the point in it all. No one can ever take an fa cup win away. 

PS get in Ince!!!!

Archived