Your favorite ever Rams player .

Curtains

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best all round footballer....Roy McFarland.

Best defender....................Colin Todd

Best midfielder..........Archie Gemmill, Bruce Rioch, nothing to choose between them

Best forward.....Kevin Hector, how this bloke could float on six inches of mud was beyond belief

When I was a kid my favourite player was Eddie Thomas.  Signed from Swansea, the winger* scored on his first six games for the Rams.....................Just like Eddie

*inside forward really, but that would just confuse you young uns. :thumbsup:

My dad talks about the class of Lee, McFarland, Todd, Gemill, et al, but for me, I grew up being a goal keeper and loved Martin  Taylor, then moved in to defence and it was all about Igor, but the best player I've seen in a Derby shirt is Stefano Eranio, hands, down. Utter utter class, oozed time on the ball, could pass and tackle, the equivalent of singing him now would be like signing Thiago Motta, regular in the Italy squad but not a first choice. We could only dream of his like in a DCFC shirt now.

6 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Best all round footballer....Roy McFarland.

Best defender....................Colin Todd

Best midfielder..........Archie Gemmill, Bruce Rioch, nothing to choose between them

Best forward.....Kevin Hector, how this bloke could float on six inches of mud was beyond belief

When I was a kid my favourite player was Eddie Thomas.  Signed from Swansea, the winger* scored on his first six games for the Rams.....................Just like Eddie

*inside forward really, but that would just confuse you young uns. :thumbsup:

This. But Todd was class. I even remember Thomas.

On asanovic,  I remember being at a pre season friendly  (Durham I think) and during the warm up outside the ground (the old days)Igor whacked it at him from about 20 yards away. He flipped back a leg to control it and killed it dead without seeming to look before  carrying on signing autographs.

Back in my teens and early twenties I played upfront. Being nearly six foot five there were occasions when I wasn't quite sure what my legs were going to do next and for that reason I adored Wanchope (even though the groundsman used to greet me as Lee Chapman every match!)

But lets be honest, Mr William Hughes has magic in his boots too and he KNOWS what he's doing.  Every time.  Love him.

My best player got to be Alan Hinton, scored cracking goals and in his time was one of the best crosses of a ball. Shame when he was in his prime England did not use wingers.

Best player in current squad by a mile is George Thorne, shame he's been unlucky with injuries. When he is in the team we look stronger defensively and also have another creative player who can also score the odd goal or two

1 hour ago, Orphanram said:

Definitely not the best player we've had but Robbie Van der Lan is worth a mention in dispatches, a real leader of men.

I also appreciate those players who pulled us through when we were *****. Matt Oakley and Ian Taylor spring to mind

Funny you should mention RVDL, I've just been to watch chesterfield vs port vale and he was commentating on radio stoke. 

No lets all take a moment to be grateful for what we have as the 90mins I've just witnessed were horrendous. 

13 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

The one, the only, the magnificent........

Colin Todd

Steve Colin Todd was God during our CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND phase .. 

RoyMAC was injured alot and Toddo covered and took the burden .. 

Colin Todd was England/world class ... easy ..

I was a kid but the old guys around me used to purr away over him .. class ... he ALWAYS had time ... and speed .. and composure ..

Cloughie ofcourse knew all this lol . 

Archived