Relegation Battle

Bris Vegas

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Are we still in one?

Six points behind 6th, six points ahead of 22nd.

Which direction are we likely to head in?

No, true and up.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Are we still in one?

Six points behind 6th, six points ahead of 22nd.

Which direction are we likely to head in?

10 points from 5 games since the Return of the Mac, 14 points  from 7 games since the departure of Pearson.

Onward and upward seems to be the order of the day - and we haven't really clicked yet.

Don't think so, not anymore. We've had solid form and some convincing displays against good opposition in these past 5 games.

Think the play-offs are out of reach with the squad as it is, but I'm optimistic that we'll be closer to the top 6 than the bottom three by Christmas in terms of points.

A lot of work to do, but we've come a long way since that Blackburn game.

2 minutes ago, KBB said:

Looking at how Mac has got the attacking functioning I think there will be three teams worse than us over the course of the season to take the relegation spots.

I reckon there just might be 18 teams worse than us come the end of the season.

I've got the same holiday booked for this May as the last time Mac took over - a week in Noordwijk aan Zee in Holland, trip to the Keukenhof flower gardens and then back for the playoff final.

Listen to your Uncle Eddie - he knows when to rub his crystal balls.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

I reckon there just might be 18 teams worse than us come the end of the season.

I've got the same holiday booked for this May as the last time Mac took over - a week in Noordwijk aan Zee in Holland, trip to the Keukenhof flower gardens and then back for the playoff final.

Listen to your Uncle Eddie - he knows when to rub his crystal balls.

Please leave discussing rubbing your balls for other forums.

On 22/10/2016 at 09:55, Chris Mills said:

Could we actually be in a relegation battle? :blink:

over 1/4 of the way into the season and teetering on the edge.

On 22/10/2016 at 09:55, kingsy1884 said:

The problem is scoring goals not conceding them. The defense is generally doing their bit the attackers are not. 

I hope this issue doesnt last til january. It could be too late by then.

On 22/10/2016 at 09:56, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely no doubt m8, no bottle and leadership in the team+ a failure to score goals and a lack of confidence= relegation in this league, and right now we've got the perfect formula to get relegated...

On 22/10/2016 at 09:58, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

This season is a complete right off

On 22/10/2016 at 09:59, Harrowram said:

Talk about disappointing. An away draw would have been a positive result. Derby have no idea how to close a game out.It was all Huddersfield in the last 15 minutes.We probably are in a relegation battle as things stand.

On 22/10/2016 at 10:00, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

What is wrong with these players? ******* awful, 3 times in the space of a few weeks. 70 minutes into the game we look shot, what the **** were they doing all summer? Sorry to say it. It we are in a relegation battle, we may have a decent defence (at times) but the goals just aren't coming are they, very worrying times ahead.

On 22/10/2016 at 10:00, TroyDyer said:

Relegation battle 100%. We have overrated players and zero heart. Deserve all we get. Plus we give new contracts to **** ***** that call the shots. 

On 22/10/2016 at 10:00, Ramshackled said:

We certainly are in a relegation battle - and have been for weeks.  Utterly depressing.

On 22/10/2016 at 10:01, Tamworthram said:

Worse than a right off. Relegation avoidance is the target this season. 

On 22/10/2016 at 10:02, PistoldPete2 said:

Ffs this is like Groundhog Day.... Can't hit a barn door and concede late goals. A total clear out is needed and this season is a write off 

On 22/10/2016 at 10:02, McLovin said:

We are in a genuine relegation battle

On 22/10/2016 at 10:51, PistoldPete2 said:

When Pearson was in charge i found myself wanting Mac back. Now Mac is back I want Pearson back. Nothing Pearson could have said to the players could be strong enough... They are overpaid losers and wasters and we need to get rid of them. Sounds like Huddersfield dominated us today.. I Was depressed by the bore draw on Tuesday now I'm officially in wrist slashing mode. 

On 22/10/2016 at 11:17, valleyram said:

McLaren making some difference here , league one awaits with this clown in charge 

On 22/10/2016 at 11:50, toddy said:

Cannot believe we are in a relegation battle going into November............

Can see at least 6 going in January and let Mac rebuild this sorry lot...........

On 22/10/2016 at 12:37, toddy said:

The problems are in the squad of players which are not good enough to compete at this level.

I know its bad we are happy we got a point at home to Brentford, a place more famous for its nylons than its football!

You can trawl through anyone's past posts and find things they've got wrong wrong with the benefit of hindsight.

Would you like people to not post how they feel at the time, maybe wait 3 months before posting in case things change?

That's how they felt at the time, and with decent enough reason back then too.

Things have changed, as will people's opinions, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

May I be the 1st to congratulate Wassell, and isn't it unfortunate Pearson has been snared in this corruption scandal!

Archived