Relegation Battle

Bris Vegas

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

You can trawl through anyone's past posts and find things they've got wrong wrong with the benefit of hindsight.

Would you like people to not post how they feel at the time, maybe wait 3 months before posting in case things change?

That's how they felt at the time, and with decent enough reason back then too.

Things have changed, as will people's opinions, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

May I be the 1st to congratulate Wassell, and isn't it unfortunate Pearson has been snared in this corruption scandal!

On point

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice of you to quote all of these silly people who had said we were in a relegation battle, when really we're only 6 points off the top 6. 90 points left to play for. More than enough time to make that up, then who knows? Promotion could be possible. Why did you choose to leave this post off of your list by the way?

On 10/10/2016 at 14:17, Bris Vegas said:

I don't think finishing 19th this term would be that disastrious.

This season is already a write off in terms of promotion. 

I'm all for declaring an amnesty on people's negative posts during the class act's tenure. The Pearson effect not only left the players demoralised, it got to a lot of us and I'm as guilty as anyone for posting stuff in the heat of the moment or not thinking through my posts before I hit the submit button.

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

I'm all for declaring an amnesty on people's negative posts during the class act's tenure. The Pearson effect not only left the players demoralised, it got to a lot of us and I'm as guilty as anyone for posting stuff in the heat of the moment or not thinking through my posts before I hit the submit button.

Bring Daffy Duck back, and we'll talk!

Anything but a blank space.

44 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It's nice of you to quote all of these silly people who had said we were in a relegation battle, when really we're only 6 points off the top 6. 90 points left to play for. More than enough time to make that up, then who knows? Promotion could be possible. Why did you choose to leave this post off of your list by the way?

Because this was before Steve McClaren took charge and we'd just witnessed absoloute rubbish from Nigel Pearson...

I personally believe top six is beyond us this season. I'd take just improvement in performances, I've said that all along side McClaren took over.

But in terms of a relegation battle. No chance.

49 minutes ago, Kernow said:

IMG_0012.PNG

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Because this was before Steve McClaren took charge and we'd just witnessed absoloute rubbish from Nigel Pearson...

I personally believe top six is beyond us this season. I'd take just improvement in performances, I've said that all along side McClaren took over.

But in terms of a relegation battle. No chance.

But it was also after Pearson had already been sacked. So surely it would be worth waiting before writing off our season? You even quoted a poster saying this season is a write off when you said the exact same thing 2 weeks earlier. We're six points off of the top 6. If we see more performances like the first half today, we'll be in the top 6 easily.

Today has been important because we've shown we haven't lost it. We've shown how good we can be. Closing a six point gap over 30 games isn't beyond any side in this division.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

You can trawl through anyone's past posts and find things they've got wrong wrong with the benefit of hindsight.

Would you like people to not post how they feel at the time, maybe wait 3 months before posting in case things change?

That's how they felt at the time, and with decent enough reason back then too.

Things have changed, as will people's opinions, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

May I be the 1st to congratulate Wassell, and isn't it unfortunate Pearson has been snared in this corruption scandal!

Spot on... Someone on this thread made themselves look like a right bosom.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

But it was also after Pearson had already been sacked. So surely it would be worth waiting before writing off our season? You even quoted a poster saying this season is a write off when you said the exact same thing 2 weeks earlier. We're six points off of the top 6. If we see more performances like the first half today, we'll be in the top 6 easily.

Today has been important because we've shown we haven't lost it. We've shown how good we can be. Closing a six point gap over 30 games isn't beyond any side in this division.

Simple maths suggest making the playoffs is an extremely tough task, hence why I said it.

75 points on average gets you there. So we need 55 points from 30 games, 1.83 per match or 85 points over a 46-game campaign which we did in our best year under McClaren.

There is a difference in saying it's a write off in terms of promotion, as IMO it is, than just naming it a write off altogether. There are still plenty of positives we can take even if we don't make top six.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Simple maths suggest making the playoffs is an extremely tough task, hence why I said it.

75 points on average gets you there. So we need 55 points from 30 games, 1.83 per match or 85 points over a 46-game campaign which we did in our best year under McClaren.

There is a difference in saying it's a write off in terms of promotion, as IMO it is, than just naming it a write off altogether. There are still plenty of positives we can take even if we don't make top six.

Yes we are still five points off a play off place and plenty of teams still ahead of us. But since Pearson ceased to be in charge, we have got 4 wins , 2 draws And a defeat. 14 points from 7 games... Most of them against top 10 opposition. So I guess we can still believe it's possible although I wouldn't expect us to reach the top 6 until the New Year if at all. 

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I said this season is a write off...and now I am saying we can still make the play offs. But I never said that we were in a relegation battle. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes we are still five points off a play off place and plenty of teams still ahead of us. But since Pearson ceased to be in charge, we have got 4 wins , 2 draws And a defeat. 14 points from 7 games... Most of them against top 10 opposition. So I guess we can still believe it's possible although I wouldn't expect us to reach the top 6 until the New Year if at all. 

It'll be difficult but its certainly possible. We are improving, Thorne to come back (please don't rush him Steve) and confidence rising. Strong squad with decent youngsters ready to fill any gaps. Breaking into the top 6 end of March beginning of April would be very nice indeed.

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

10 points from a possible 15 with all 5 games against teams currently above us in the league, I'd say the forecast is bright. Rotheram, Norwich, Wigan and the Gumps to follow and George Thorne back end of month, there seem more reasons to be positive than not.

George thorne wont be back at the end of the month.

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

But the start under Pearson means play off form will not be enough to get us there, we will need top if the table form - and who knows .... ?

Same when Mac took over before ... We lost at home three times in 5 games before he took over yet we still finished third. Anyway we will see .. I'm still not convinced by Darren bent despite him scoring the best goal ever. 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Same when Mac took over before ... We lost at home three times in 5 games before he took over yet we still finished third. Anyway we will see .. I'm still not convinced by Darren bent despite him scoring the best goal ever. 

Excellent goal yes 

Archived