If not Martin, then who?

Stripperg-ram

Just now, DerbyRam! said:

To be fair I've been saying this for a while, Assombalonga is a good player. I think if he can get back to fitness he could be great for us.....and the scum down the road would go absolutely mad if we signed him, so even better :D 

Even if Assombalonga doesn't do well for us. 

Paying £10m+ would be worth it to see the absolute meltdown of their fans.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

I think if we're looking for a striker similar to Martin, assuming he doesn't want to come back, I think we should be looking at the Eredivisie and the league below it (let's be honest, no one knows it's name, so I'll call it Eredivisie 2). They often play the 4-3-3 system that we do and have loads of strikers over there who have spent most of their career playing what we'd call the Martin role.

Vincent Janssen, who Spurs just spent about 20 million on, transferred from Eredivisie 2 to AZ Alkmaar for around 500K in 2015. That's the sort of transfer we need to be looking for, we need to be unearthing a decent striker from a league like that. Now I'm not saying we need to be getting someone THAT good for that cheap, but that's the sort of vein of striker we should be looking at.

Hope Chris Evans hasn't been sitting on his arse all this time and has been looking into players.

Yeah but we could end up with the next Lars Veldwijk...

Just now, Inglorius said:

Haven't we already spent the loan fee and potential sale money for Martin on Vydra? Isn't this therefore a redundant thread?

The sum of the reported fee'ls received for Shotton, Albentosa and Jeff's sales cover the reported fees for Vydra and Anya

8 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Could Forestieri be an option? 

He didn't sign that new contract that he was promised in the summer and doesn't look very passionate about playing for Wednesday at the moment. 

Could be tempted away.

Intersting.You're certainly right about him not being passionate about Wednesday.Still would be a good signing along with a Martin replacement.

14 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Crouch and Walters you are having a laugh - we may as well try and get Strupar and Rasiak back!

14 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Crouch and Walters you are having a laugh - we may as well try and get Strupar and Rasiak back!

Strupar and Rasiak is a good shout....is Ronnie Willems fit?

1 minute ago, irobinson said:

Crouch on loan is fine 

Yes, more seriously Crouch on loan would be fine. I am not totally convinced about Walters as he never seems to last 90 minutes these days and seems to have had a few injuries over the last couple of years.

Now Burnley have Andre Gray back I wonder whether Vokes would be available - probably unlikely.

Archived