If not Martin, then who?

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Yes, more seriously Crouch on loan would be fine. I am not totally convinced about Walters as he never seems to last 90 minutes these days and seems to have had a few injuries over the last couple of years.

Now Burnley have Andre Gray back I wonder whether Vokes would be available - probably unlikely.

Vokes would be good(unlikely).

Do a deal with Shackell.:ph34r:

I think Walters from stoke would be a good fit for us till season end strong can score head the ball bring others into play and wouldn't cost us some ridiculous fee he's regularly competed in the premier league more than any of our players have.

23 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

I think Walters from stoke would be a good fit for us till season end strong can score head the ball bring others into play and wouldn't cost us some ridiculous fee he's regularly competed in the premier league more than any of our players have.

Am I right in thinking Walters is beloved of the Stoke fans?  Still getting game time too, so can't see it happening personally. Plus I'm not sure I could cope with the abuse he'd get from our lot even before he signed for being too slow, too old, only here for the wages, and 'only' being an Irish international.

For me, if Mel wants to spend £5mil+ I'd go Sam Gallagher, if he wanted to spend less than £2mil I'd be looking at Clarke-Harris (both of whom offer something to the team and are an investment (gamble) for the future.

While I'm at it, I wouldn't be looking to strengthen beyond either of those two (or someone similar) in an inflated January market.  It's time for some stability and cohesion, and less of the 'lets buy all the players'.  The only exception beyond that I'd make would be for Zac Clough, a younger Forestieri with better resale potential.  Even in that case it would be predicated on the sale of either, or both, of Weimann and Blackman.

52 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Am I right in thinking Walters is beloved of the Stoke fans?  Still getting game time too, so can't see it happening personally. Plus I'm not sure I could cope with the abuse he'd get from our lot even before he signed for being too slow, too old, only here for the wages, and 'only' being an Irish international.

For me, if Mel wants to spend £5mil+ I'd go Sam Gallagher, if he wanted to spend less than £2mil I'd be looking at Clarke-Harris (both of whom offer something to the team and are an investment (gamble) for the future.

While I'm at it, I wouldn't be looking to strengthen beyond either of those two (or someone similar) in an inflated January market.  It's time for some stability and cohesion, and less of the 'lets buy all the players'.  The only exception beyond that I'd make would be for Zac Clough, a younger Forestieri with better resale potential.  Even in that case it would be predicated on the sale of either, or both, of Weimann and Blackman.

Fair point about Walters and agree with you about Zac Clough decent prospect 

I'd pretty well imagine that sm already knows if Martin is coming back in January or not.....

If not I'm sure that Evans will already have had his targets set for the January window,probably a promising juicy junior loan from the prem.....

I thoroughly expect the golden child to return to the promised land however,even if king Mel has to handsomely cross the fulhamars hand with gold....as it were

4 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I called Clough out as a top player 2 yrs back. Will make it in the Prem

5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd pretty well imagine that sm already knows if Martin is coming back in January or not.....

If not I'm sure that Evans will already have had his targets set for the January window,probably a promising juicy junior loan from the prem.....

I thoroughly expect the golden child to return to the promised land however,even if king Mel has to handsomely cross the fulhamars hand with gold....as it were

I wouldn't be so sure. he was called up by talksport yesterday morning and made some comments that made it sound like he was pretty happy there.

Eg "one of the most if not the most talented squad I've worked with "

Fulham up to 7th and Chris is scoring again . why would he rush back here if that progress continues?

We need at least one striker on loan. As well as losing martin, we've lost Wilson, and even Blackman is injured too so we are very short of options. Still doesn't explain the total absence of goals, but I think w ecould go for another young striker from a aprem team no idea who. 

Archived