In praise of Cyrus Christie

KBB

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Keogh there and shackell back in is a good shout, didn't rate Hanson when he came on at RB and I could do better than Baird

It's really, really not.  It will completely wreck the shape of the team IMO. We need to be able to move the ball quickly out from the back, and we can't do that with Shackell in there.  And we need overlaps from the fullbacks to stretch teams, which we won't get with Keogh there.  I'm not convinced by Hanson there either, so I'd be looking at Baird or maybe Anya, depending out who we're playing.

Just now, irobinson said:

thats a long way away!!! Hanson or Baird!!!

Should we going to a back three then!!!

Pearce Shaks and Keogh

I'd go with Anya. He's played on the right before. I'm pretty sure he can play anywhere along either flank. Not ideal but we have to make do.

8 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

If Anya wasn't away on international duty this week, it would be tempting to experiment in training. As it is, then I reckon Baird is the man. After all, in McClaren's first spell, I'm Wisdom almost never crossed the halfway line. It was left to Fozzy to be the attacking full back.

Bucko, Keogh and Wisdom made a 3, while Fozzy got forward at will.

Mostly cos Andre had a nosebleed once beyond the halfway line though. 

Just now, reveldevil said:

Bucko, Keogh and Wisdom made a 3, while Fozzy got forward at will.

Mostly cos Andre had a nosebleed once beyond the halfway line though. 

That was only really when Thorne came in so we could give him a bit of freedom to dictate. 

One thing on Christie, it was obvious the minute he went over on his ankle it was game over for him, yet he was sent out 2nd half to give it a go.

Given we were told by Mel that Stevie wasn't keen on having a qualified medical professional on the staff, seeing no need for it, did we take an unnecessary risk on Cyrus 2nd half?

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

If Anya wasn't away on international duty this week, it would be tempting to experiment in training. As it is, then I reckon Baird is the man. After all, in McClaren's first spell, I'm Wisdom almost never crossed the halfway line. It was left to Fozzy to be the attacking full back.

The problem I think you and a few others are over looking is Baird's pace. As we want to play a high line it's pretty important that are fullbacks do have a bit of pace to them otherwise they are likely to get caught out. Wisdom despite not venturing forward a deal didn't get caught for pace, where I think Baird will. 

I think our best bet is to go with Anya there.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think we'd have problems playing playing three at the back with the highline we want to play because both Pearce and Shackell are really slow.

Additionally I'm not sure having a roaming CB like Keogh would suit a system where to be solid your CB's have to sit in. If he played the way he plays in a back four it'd leave us utterly exposed without the security of two proper full backs. 

Archived