Was it handball from Keogh?

46 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Looked like handball to me on the video. Keogh does tend to flap his arms about which doesn't help. 

I was going off of what I saw at the game. It was classic Keogh arm flapping. Seen the video and it's pretty clear it did. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion that was certainly not a pen. The ball was thumped at pace toward him, giving Keogh no time to make a hand to ball decision. More of a ball to hand than anything else. Pen could easily have been given though. Still trying to come to terms with us scoring 2 and winning. :D COYR

If that was the other way around AND we lose the game, we'd all be going crazy at the referee.

For me, any defender in that position must put his hands behind his back or in front of his body. Bit like at a wall when the ref tells them where they can put their hands.

So for me, it was a pen and red card.

Nice to see a bit of honesty from our manager as well.

The punishment for denying a goalscoring opportunity in the penalty area would only result in a red card if the player had already been booked AND if the referee decided that the offence warranted a booking.

The law was changed six months ago - please try to keep up.

4 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Meh. Would have been a harsh pen. 

Umm... Alex Pearce's running style during his celebration? Can we talk about that?

Its the classic "I'm a centre back who just scored and doesnt know what to do" celebration 

16 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

The best visiting fans that ever come to the ipro. 

Thought they were pretty meh today to be honest.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Was it handball?

NO, it was a simply superb, certain goal saving block from Keogh. 

With his hand.......

But no, joking aside...haha....I don't care...

2 hours ago, ketteringram said:

The best visiting fans that ever come to the ipro. 

Sang for first 15 and once novelty wears off quiet unless an 'incident' happens. Like all other fans that come. Sing for 90 even if your 8-0 down like they do in Germany and Austria otherwise nowt special. Good numbers though.

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Sang for first 15 and once novelty wears off quiet unless an 'incident' happens. Like all other fans that come. Sing for 90 even if your 8-0 down like they do in Germany and Austria otherwise nowt special. Good numbers though.

Agreed,they were in fine voice until the first goal but it was just the occasional mutterings after that

Archived