China: Are they taking over the world?

Mostyn6

Everywhere I turn, one business or another is bringing on board Chinese investment, or being taken over by a Chinese consortium, especially in football.

Is this odd, or is it just relative as something like 1 in 7 people in the world are Chinese, which means about 800 people on this forum are Chinese surely?!?!

Anyway, what do you think is fuelling Chinese people wanting to expand so quickly? is it dangerous or worrying? especially considering considerable cultural differences with the "western" world, in particular, civil and human rights.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Anyway, what do you think is fuelling Chinese people wanting to expand so quickly? is it dangerous or worrying? especially considering considerable cultural differences with the "western" world, in particular, civil and human rights.

The fuel is market economics, so the desire to expend is always present. The reason for the rapid expansion is that the Chinese government has started encouraging more private enterprise and relaxed many of its trade restrictions.

Is it worrying, yes and no.

Cultural differences will soften as China continues to open up. Their government has already made massive concessions on civil liberties to where they were previously.

6 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Never mind China ...

As we message apparently there is a Russian fleet going through the Channel.

Go into St.Pauls in London today and you will hear a dull rumbling noise.

Nelson spinning in his grave.

Perhaps the RAF could do a flyby 

16 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I just hope Graeme Souness isn't captaining one of our submarines. Could start something with a nasty sliding tackle involving torpedoes.

HMS Richard Keogh is pelting towards the Russians as we speak.

On 21/10/2016 at 07:21, Mostyn6 said:

Everywhere I turn, one business or another is bringing on board Chinese investment, or being taken over by a Chinese consortium, especially in football.

Is this odd, or is it just relative as something like 1 in 7 people in the world are Chinese, which means about 800 people on this forum are Chinese surely?!?!

I love the joke - Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother HoChaChu. But I think it's Colin.

I am sure in some way its politically incorrect now i dont know...but i always found it funny.

On 10/21/2016 at 11:09, WhiteHorseRam said:

Never mind China ...

As we message apparently there is a Russian fleet going through the Channel.

Go into St.Pauls in London today and you will hear a dull rumbling noise.

Nelson spinning in his grave.

International waters isn't it, so what's the issue?  It's the people of Aleppo that should be concerned not Londoners.

Archived