China: Are they taking over the world?

Mostyn6

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I love the joke - Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother HoChaChu. But I think it's Colin.

I am sure in some way its politically incorrect now i dont know...but i always found it funny.

I went to the doctor and said " doctor, I've broke my leg in 2 places, what do you recommend?" He said "don't go to those places * 

On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 11:06, Malagaram said:

Was in Vancouver recently,full of Chinese,apparently the Canadians have renamed the city Hongcouver.Another observation on the chinese race,ever tried to pay in a Chinese shop by card,here in Spain its cash only,something to do with Tax.

Basingstoke is also known as Beijingstoke for similar reasons. 

On 22/10/2016 at 07:59, Paul71 said:

I love the joke - Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother HoChaChu. But I think it's Colin.

I am sure in some way its politically incorrect now i dont know...but i always found it funny.

Nah - it's a good example of a joke about another race that is perfectly acceptable, because the butt of the joke is the teller not the other race. Tim Vine wasn't it?

4 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Nah - it's a good example of a joke about another race that is perfectly acceptable, because the butt of the joke is the teller not the other race. Tim Vine wasn't it?

as @wolfie says was tommy cooper but no doubt repeated many times, its a very Tim Vine type of joke.

On 22/10/2016 at 20:59, Highgate said:

International waters isn't it, so what's the issue?  It's the people of Aleppo that should be concerned not Londoners.

Your right on both counts, but ....

The issue is something called force projection. They could have sailed around the top of Scotland without fuss. As I type the Russians are stressing the Spanish about refueling with them or not, and will now maybe drop in on Malta to refuel (according to BBC Radio 5). Like the Russian navy hasn't got its own tanker auxiliary ships that can refuel them on the hoof.

They don't like the way we have complained about their bombing, and are just reminding us they have reach.

3 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Your right on both counts, but ....

The issue is something called force projection. They could have sailed around the top of Scotland without fuss. As I type the Russians are stressing the Spanish about refueling with them or not, and will now maybe drop in on Malta to refuel (according to BBC Radio 5). Like the Russian navy hasn't got its own tanker auxiliary ships that can refuel them on the hoof.

They don't like the way we have complained about their bombing, and are just reminding us they have reach.

Force projection requires that other countries give a ****.  Just ignore them, they are not doing anything wrong sailing in international waters whether it's intended as sabre rattling or just a fleet taking the shortest route.  No reasonable person would trust Putin, in my opinion, but I think it's safe to let that one slide. 

Archived