£12 home fans and £30 for away fans at Huddersfield.

Sir Me

Just seen that Hudderfield have dropped their prices for our game with them.

All home areas are £12 for adults and concessions with kids at £6, we have to pay £30 for adults, £20 for concessions and £10 for kids.

Isn't there a ruling that says that away fans must be charged equally to the home fans?

It's interesting that this offer has been launched just after Derby announce that they had sold out, squeeze us at of all our money first.

Surely this is something for Jed Buxton as the supporters liaison officer to look into? The FSF might be interested aswell?

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/2016-17/huddersfield-town-derby-county-ticket-information-tickets-3366993.aspx?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only speaking from lower league viewpoint but there it's commonplace. I think Notts County had a club policy of never charging away fans more than home fans for equivalent seating but certainly I've paid more at places like Swindon, Northampton and Wycombe than home fans so although I could be wrong, I don't think there is a ruling making it binding.

Having said that, Wycombe especially I've been a few times and once only about 4 years ago they reduced tickets to a fiver for away fans which was a great gesture. So good and bad from the Chairboys.

Be great if more clubs could make more of an effort for away fans given the travel costs and things.

4 minutes ago, Sir Me said:

All home areas are £12 for adults and concessions with kids at £6, we have to pay £30 for adults, £20 for concessions and £10 for kids.

Isn't there a ruling that says that away fans must be charged equally to the home fans?

It's interesting that this offer has been launched just after Derby announce that they had sold out, squeeze us at of all our money first.

Surely this is something for Jed Buxton as the supporters liaison officer to look into? The FSF might be interested aswell?

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/2016-17/huddersfield-town-derby-county-ticket-information-tickets-3366993.aspx?

I've seen some disparities in ticket prices but £12 & £30 is probably the most extreme difference I've ever seen. How Huddersfield can justify that is beyond me - the £12 price probably speaks of them over-estimating the size/interest of their own fanbase.

Assume with only 1950 seats, we've only got half of the away stand. Maybe they should bite the bullet & open up the rest of the away stand for us.

As an aside, plenty of Sheff Weds fans in with Huddersfield yesterday from what I've been told.

34.2.8    No Club shall charge higher admission prices for visiting supporters for accommodation that is ranked as comparable with or inferior to that used by supporters of the Home Club in the same or next highest ranked accommodation...  

but

34.2.11    Discounts or special promotions (in each case for one match only) made available to supporters of the Home Club must also be made available on a similar basis to visiting supporters provided always that each Club shall be permitted to designate four (4) Matches per Season as ‘local promotion’ Matches where this Regulation shall be deemed not to apply.  Clubs shall notify The League of the Matches so designated as and when they are designated. 

http://www.efl.com/global/section5.aspx

The league must be happy with it, so above board - but it is a slap in the face of Derby fans.

As already mentioned clubs can specialize lower prices for I think 4 times a season that are different to away fans.

Those asking about away fans allocation. Over the last 2 years or so Huddersfield have a new singing section behind the goal next to away fans. So the away fans share the stand with home fans now. Obviously they don't want to fill an end behind the goal with away fans anymore.

2 hours ago, Sir Me said:

They did it against Wednesday which was being played yesterday.. Should be same prices for both fans in SAME MATCH. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Also it said on TV that Weds had 3,000 tickets. How come we only get 1950 when they know we would sell the full 3,000? 

We can't get our revenge on the return fixture as there is no way they will want anywhere near that number. 

Wednesday didn't have 3K I don't think. 

The whole stand only holds 3900 that we filled last time Mac was here. But now they have their "Singing" section in that stand which takes up almost half of it. 

We used to be able to get them to move that section when they were only getting 12-13k gates but now the stadium sells out most weeks due to their success this season so we have to only have our initial allocation.

Archived