on a slightly sour note...

Tamworthram

Take our games against the Red Dogs as an example of my thoughts on this topic:

sing about the 5-0,we only had ten men, their ground is a council owned dump which is too big for them etc etc.

Do not sing about:

Nigel Doughty, any racial slur about Fawaz.

Calling Andy Reid a fat ******* is football banter but don't spit your dummy out if he turned around and gave it back.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I might be impossible to offend.

I didn't join in the Saville chant but I did find that and the reply funny. 

My attitude is to pretty much laugh at everything or else you'll cry. I don't read or watch stories about rapists, paedophiles or anything like that. I won't watch anything to do with Children getting hurt. 

Basically in my little world you get the general gist of bad news but no details. So its easy to laugh at sick jokes because I don't dwell on the content. 

I dunno, don't find anything offensive like that. And the idea I understand is to get a reaction and be horrible company

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Is any one brave enough to confess that they joined in the offensive song about Jimmy Saville after just 2 minutes? I was embarrassed and mightily releaved it didn't happen again. 

Some might say it was just banter but, in my opinion, went too far similar to a certain song following Doughty's death.  

I wasnt at the game but whoever started the chant needs string up bybtheir ****** before they drop off. Obviously someone with:

Little or no intellect

Never had anything nasty ever happen to someone close to them

Scrubber

Basically a total wanka of the highest order.

Rant as i know folk who have had tough times. If i had been in close vacinity i would have gone for them. End of.

DISGRACEFUL

2 hours ago, philmycock said:

Oh FFS, where did you dig that from, we're talking about Jimmy Savile MBE, the self-confessed Leeds superstar, stop being so self-righteous 

Yes, the discussion was initially about a Saville chant and then morphed into discussing the merits (or lack of) in chanting inappropriate content at matches. That's why I compared Saville with McCormick or whoever you want to link a chant about which is in bad taste.

If you think chanting about Saville and laughing about it is bants then presumably if any of your relations or friends were victims of Savilles then that by the same logic you find funny and it's just bants yes?

That's all I'm saying. If you stand by your viewpoint that's fine. I think we'll agree to disagree on this one Phil.

1 hour ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I wasnt at the game but whoever started the chant needs string up bybtheir ****** before they drop off. Obviously someone with:

Little or no intellect

Never had anything nasty ever happen to someone close to them

Scrubber

Basically a total wanka of the highest order.

Rant as i know folk who have had tough times. If i had been in close vacinity i would have gone for them. End of.

DISGRACEFUL

They're not as bad as you though.

Je suis Charlie. 

3 hours ago, eddie said:

Only an utter moron would consider that an objection to chants about a serial child molester is 'snobbery'.

How dare they sing a song in which it is implied that raping children is a bad thing. Why I, ummm, demand that they sing a song in which paedophilia is celebrated! What are we moral grandstanding about again?

18 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

How dare they sing a song in which it is implied that raping children is a bad thing. Why I, ummm, demand that they sing a song in which paedophilia is celebrated! What are we moral grandstanding about again?

Or how about not sing anything about it at all and stick to footballing matters?

Archived