on a slightly sour note...

Tamworthram

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Stocky Mafia was the graffiti on a lot of the desks at school. (Rykneld)

I'm guessing I'm a generation (at least) beneath you, as I lived in the new estate on Freehold Street, after what was your old house was demolished. But my family grew up on Moss Street, Leman Street, Parliament Street etc.

38 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Christ we have some snobs on here!

Some of you people must live in a perfect little bubble with your perfect families where no naughty words are spoken and no jokes are allowed in case they offend somebody somewhere in the world.

I take it none of you lot stood on the ossie end or popside in the late 70's or early 80's? Or have you become more precious over the years and decided that you should be the moral guardians of football?

Just a cross section of society and differing levels of what is considered to be socially acceptable, I stood on the pop side in the 80s and loved it, it was also common habit in those days to take a piss on the spot and hope most of it missed the bloke in front of you, can't see that being acceptable in this day and age, times change.

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

Just a cross section of society and differing levels of what is considered to be socially acceptable, I stood on the pop side in the 80s and loved it, it was also common habit in those days to take a piss on the spot and hope most of it missed the bloke in front of you, can't see that being acceptable in this day and age, times change.

They do change yes and for the better. Not that long ago people considered black/white segregation as OK too. Thank god some of us at least evolve.

3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I'm atheist and deeply offended by the above comment... see petty isn't it!

Another one who thinks its OK.

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

You're not good with comedy are you!

In fairness anyone who thinks chanting about saville, or broken legs etc etc isn't great with comedy either.

6 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I do Paul, footy bants.

So if you were part of the family that were wiped out when Plymouth keeper Luke McCormick crashed his car due to dangerous driving you'd presumably get involved in the chant 'he kills who he wants' when Plymouth came to Derby then?

Footy bants.

Just now, Tony Le Mesmer said:

So if you were part of the family that were wiped out when Plymouth keeper Luke McCormick crashed his car due to dangerous driving you'd presumably get involved in the chant 'he kills who he wants' when Plymouth came to Derby then?

Footy bants.

Its OK mate its just banter apparently. You learn something new everyday. 

5 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Footy bants.

Oh FFS, where did you dig that from, we're talking about Jimmy Savile MBE, the self-confessed Leeds superstar, stop being so self-righteous 

7 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Oh FFS, where did you dig that from, we're talking about Jimmy Savile MBE, the self-confessed Leeds superstar, stop being so self-righteous 

OK...on that basis I assume you thought the 'where's your chairman gone' chant was out of order?

Archived