When will we know who our manager is .

Curtains

23 minutes ago, curtains said:

I don't think he was on the shortlist to replace Wassall was he. 

If Powell is made manager he will obviously need an assistant manager. 

Maybe we have missed a trick not getting Warnock in if Pearson does go. 

I hate warnock, but he would have taken us up.

He was very nearly our manager in the summer, but we went for a longer term solution in Pearson (how funny).

Bet your bottom dollar Cardiff rise up the table now.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who wanted Steve McClaren before we appointed him?

I think it was off the back of at least 2 failures, one of the Forest we hired McClaren.

Appointing Powell now, as opposed to in the summer, there's a bit more knowledge within the club. They might see it as a good way to go, they might not, Powell might turn it down. In the circumstances, it makes sense for Powell to look after the first team.

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I hate warnock, but he would have taken us up.

He was very nearly our manager in the summer, but we went for a longer term solution in Pearson (how funny).

Bet your bottom dollar Cardiff rise up the table now.

Just the same as Pearson would take us up...

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

No chance it being Pearson, and rightly so.

Yeah it's definitely not Pearson. In fact I'll go as far as to say that if Pearson takes charge of Derby County again then I'll gladly attend that game wearing nothing other than a Nottingham Forest baseball cap and a foxtail buttplug. 

Whether or not they'll let me in, I don't know. Especially after last time.

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah it's definitely not Pearson. In fact I'll go as far as to say that if Pearson takes charge of Derby County again then I'll gladly attend that game wearing nothing other than a Nottingham Forest baseball cap and a foxtail buttplug. 

Whether or not they'll let me in, I don't know. Especially after last time.

well, if they don't, there's venues in Nottingham that'll have you.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Who wanted Steve McClaren before we appointed him?

I think it was off the back of at least 2 failures, one of the Forest we hired McClaren.

Appointing Powell now, as opposed to in the summer, there's a bit more knowledge within the club. They might see it as a good way to go, they might not, Powell might turn it down. In the circumstances, it makes sense for Powell to look after the first team.

I wanted him, I know it's easy to say this but when we were linked with him and Pulis, I said on Facebook we need McClaren, if we got him he would take us to the playoffs.....I never believed really for a second he actually would.

I also never believed he would cheat on us with Newcastle 

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I wanted him, I know it's easy to say this but when we were linked with him and Pulis, I said on Facebook we need McClaren, if we got him he would take us to the playoffs.....I never believed really for a second he actually would.

I also never believed he would cheat on us with Newcastle 

The Slag !

We already know the incoming manager.

Chris Powell.

I might have expected Rowett to take over but he is boing a great job with Brum.

I think Powell has the insight and integrity to take the team up the table.

He has good inter personal skills and, unlike a certain erstwhile manager, he does not have all the tact and diplomacy of Atilla the Hun!

His character and honesty are a breath of fresh air.

Just what we need in the present miasma of misdemeanours which, sadly, is plaguing the once beautiful game.

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

I'd rather have Nigel Clough back

I'd take Nigel back in a heartbeat.

Johnny Russell

Craig Forsyth

Craig Bryson

Chris Martin

Jake Buxton

Will Hughes

Jeff Hendrick

Jamie Ward

I want to cry when I look at the cost of Butterfield, Johnson, Blackman, Weimann, Olsson, Bent, Ince etc

We are worse off  with the signings of McClaren, Clement, and Pearson than we were with the cheapies that Nigel Clough signed.

Archived