When will we know who our manager is .

Curtains

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thought Bris was the man ITK for manager announcements? Clearlr remember him being the first to congratulate Darren Wassall...

Nowhere did I say Wassall had got the job, though I wish he had. Pearson will rank among our worst appointments this side of the millennium. 

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'd take Nigel back in a heartbeat.

Johnny Russell

Craig Forsyth

Craig Bryson

Chris Martin

Jake Buxton

Will Hughes

Jeff Hendrick

Jamie Ward

I want to cry when I look at the cost of Butterfield, Johnson, Blackman, Weimann, Olsson, Bent, Ince etc

We are worse off  with the signings of McClaren, Clement, and Pearson than we were with the cheapies that Nigel Clough signed.

Apart from Hughes and Hendrick possibly,  not of the players you have listed have had more than one good season...and that wasn't under clough.  Unless you are suggesting to bring him back as a scout?

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Nowhere did I say Wassall had got the job, though I wish he had. Pearson will rank among our worst appointments this side of the millennium. 

I do believe you put a post that indicated he had, congratulations to him I think you put.  Anyway, any news on when the telegraph stories are coming out on us?

32 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Oh do lighten up! 

Just out of interest what did you want to be the first to congratulate Darren Wassall for in the new manager thread?

But dude...

34 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

On 24/05/2016 at 19:02, Bris Vegas said:

May I be the first to congratulate Darren Wassall...

Just sayin. 

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Apart from Hughes and Hendrick possibly,  not of the players you have listed have had more than one good season...and that wasn't under clough.  Unless you are suggesting to bring him back as a scout?

Aye ur right there , Bryso been poty twice ?

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Oh I think McClaren would come back, but I think it'd be like his second spell at twentie.

Nigel Clough, no chance he'd come back, stubborn and knows how to hold a grudge.

@PrivateDerby Love the Mel-o-drone!

Agree with you about SM. As for NC, if he does hold a grudge then that's likely be with SR - not the club, the players, the fans, or the owner.

In any case I very much doubt NC would leave, or even consider leaving, Burton and Ben Robinson to go and manage another team in the same division - even Newcastle.

13 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'd take Nigel back in a heartbeat.

Johnny Russell

Craig Forsyth

Craig Bryson

Chris Martin

Jake Buxton

Will Hughes

Jeff Hendrick

Jamie Ward

I want to cry when I look at the cost of Butterfield, Johnson, Blackman, Weimann, Olsson, Bent, Ince etc

We are worse off  with the signings of McClaren, Clement, and Pearson than we were with the cheapies that Nigel Clough signed.

His signings, McClaren's coaching… dream team. 

I'd give up a ******* to have Clough back as director of football and McClaren as head coach.

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

His signings, McClaren's coaching… dream team. 

I'd give up a ******* to have Clough back as director of football and McClaren as head coach.

There just seems a bit more "character" in Clough's signings.

I know the football was mostly dire  under him but I will always have a nagging feeling that it was about to turn. There'd been tantalising glimpses in some matches prior to his sacking.

All watter under t' bridge now....

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

There just seems a bit more "character" in Clough's signings.

I know the football was mostly dire  under him but I will always have a nagging feeling that it was about to turn. There'd been tantalising glimpses in some matches prior to his sacking.

All watter under t' bridge now....

I always felt the football itself under Clough was under appreciated. Perhaps the fact that we didn't 'go for it' until the 70th minute when losing and parking the bus on 60 when winning probably altered tainted people's views.

We scored a fair few team goals in 12/13, the sweeping move against The Gumps springs to mind. We probably would have made the play-offs that year had McClaren came in then.

It just needed letting of the leash and tweaking a bit, shame Clough couldn't see that.

Archived