The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

1 hour ago, barnsley ram said:

yes cost us the game we scored a good goal as he threw himself to the floor, like martin though think he has a part to play

Pretty sure watching the replay it was a legit foul and the staff were outraged at the time.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, David said:

I don't think it will be enough to see a change overnight no, I think clubs need to also push the no diving by hitting players in the pocket. It's been a part of the game for so long now it won't be easy to solve, if there's one thing I like to think I know without proof is that footballers like money. 

A ban = Saturday off, is that really a deterorant when they still get paid regardless, they might miss out on appearance bonuses but still, a hefty fine this is Derby County, we play football the right way not cheats would send out a strong message. Refs would like this as well. That may see us in better light when it comes to real fouls.

Problem is that clubs have no interest in sorting it out because it means managers penalising their own players. Turkeys and Christmas etc etc.

As far as managers are concerned, a horrendous dive is only a horrendous dive when the opposition do it. Incredibly, when your own player does it, it's somehow a fall/slip/foul etc. And even if you recognise a dive, you're not going to drop him the next game if he's one of your best players. Your job might depend on it.

Money, success, avoiding failure - they're all far more important to managers.

I'm not saying managers wouldn't support it, but I can't see it being something they would instigate against their own side.

Video replays and yellow cards seem to be the best solution.

23 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Problem is that clubs have no interest in sorting it out because it means managers penalising their own players. Turkeys and Christmas etc etc.

As far as managers are concerned, a horrendous dive is only a horrendous dive when the opposition do it. Incredibly, when your own player does it, it's somehow a fall/slip/foul etc. And even if you recognise a dive, you're not going to drop him the next game if he's one of your best players. Your job might depend on it.

Money, success, avoiding failure - they're all far more important to managers.

I'm not saying managers wouldn't support it, but I can't see it being something they would instigate against their own side.

Video replays and yellow cards seem to be the best solution.

I think one thing you could do that would help cut it down is make it a red card for a dive in the box. For me it's a 'foul' that is comparative to a defender committing a foul whilst denying a clear goal scoring opportunity and should be punished as such.

38 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think one thing you could do that would help cut it down is make it a red card for a dive in the box. For me it's a 'foul' that is comparative to a defender committing a foul whilst denying a clear goal scoring opportunity and should be punished as such.

I agree to an extent, though for such a touch sanction you would have to prove it is 100% intentional and that's quite difficult

3 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

When he's back, can we please sing "there's only one Chris Martin" - my mate who's a Wigan fan just pointed out to me how hilarious that would be and it saddens me greatly that we've never sung it. 

That's flippin hilarious that, I've just pee'd my pants, it was all yellow.

18 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Don't worry I've got a washing machine ,,, I will fix you

12 hours ago, philmycock said:

12 hours ago, archied said:

Don't worry I've got a washing machine ,,, I will fix you

With Chrissy back in the starting line up it'll feel like Paradise, In My Place in the stands I'll feel a Shiver of delight. Something Like This really shows that players see being at Derby as the Adventure Of A Liftetime as we aim to go Up&Up the football league. I may be speaking mostly from a passionate POV but The Scientist in me would suggest that Martin also Clocks up decent stats for us - Even after the season at Fulham caused by the Trouble with Pearson may have thrown up a Warning Sign. Don't Panic I have faith that The Hardest Part of his career is behind him and this season he'll be Magic. 

19 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

With Chrissy back in the starting line up it'll feel like Paradise, In My Place in the stands I'll feel a Shiver of delight. Something Like This really shows that players see being at Derby as the Adventure Of A Liftetime as we aim to go Up&Up the football league. I may be speaking mostly from a passionate POV but The Scientist in me would suggest that Martin also Clocks up decent stats for us - Even after the season at Fulham caused by the Trouble with Pearson may have thrown up a Warning Sign. Don't Panic I have faith that The Hardest Part of his career is behind him and this season he'll be Magic. 

You could have got Yellow in there.

giphy.gif

Video replays needed like in the England game. Took 30 seconds but got the right decision. Points rely on correct decissions being made and can have a significant impact on promotion and relegation. Not to mention monetary implications.

dont see the point in Tottenham playing palace and Kane dives. Then gets looked at after the game and gets a ban. It doesn't help the team he played against just those that weren't involved.

sort it out at the time against the opposition they are playing. I'm sure most people would rather the right decision was made there and then to give a fair result. Would only be an extra 5 mins in a game.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Video replays needed like in the England game. Took 30 seconds but got the right decision. Points rely on correct decissions being made and can have a significant impact on promotion and relegation. Not to mention monetary implications.

dont see the point in Tottenham playing palace and Kane dives. Then gets looked at after the game and gets a ban. It doesn't help the team he played against just those that weren't involved.

sort it out at the time against the opposition they are playing. I'm sure most people would rather the right decision was made there and then to give a fair result. Would only be an extra 5 mins in a game.

Agreed but that would mean the entire West Stand would be empty before the final whistle goes.

Archived