Reading FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He isn't called Pearson so no-one will mention it

Well quite a few have mentioned it already.

Maybe some people are looking at it objectively and thinking 4 points from 2 away games (one against a team unbeaten at home so far) after only being in charge for 4 days is not a disaster, especially considering the shambles that was served up last weekend...just a thought of course.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Brighton not good enough either then? They lost at Reading (they are unbeaten at home).

Burton beating Cardiff tells us nothing about Derby.

It tells me it's not the turning point I thought it would be and we came up against a poor Cardiff side. Because just like Bristol our players can't see a game out which im sure if Pearson is set to get the boot he's laughing at, it's clear to see it's our team, you'd argue today was poor management not having defensive minded players on the bench for seeing a game out, sure some would blame Pearson still.

For saying only a small percentage of goals are scored from a corner - how many have we conceded from a corner, is it more than average? Are we a 'small' team in terms of height of players, particularly defenders?

A lot of people have talked about Thorne cover, rightly so because we should have bought some ages ago, but what we should be looking to do is something that's been way overdue; replace John Eustace.

Part of this mentality issue we seem to have stems from a lack of leaders down the spine of our team. Some of our key senior players these days are people like Hughes and Thorne. When you look to our other leaders, we've shipped out Martin, Shackell is mysteriously absent and Keogh is a whole other discussion in itself. We could really do with someone in the mould of Eustace, an older head who's respected by the rest of the squad.

We've got a squad of talented players but we need a couple more intelligent team players.

3 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

It seems some of those saying Pearson deserved more than 9 games are expecting Powell to turn it round in 2 

4 points from 2 away games?

Perhaps he has.

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

I'd go with that but they're saying he's not good enough and the players are still bottling it. 

Some people are like a cracked record.

Or just cracked.

4 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

A lot of people have talked about Thorne cover, rightly so because we should have bought some ages ago, but what we should be looking to do is something that's been way overdue; replace John Eustace.

Part of this mentality issue we seem to have stems from a lack of leaders down the spine of our team. Some of our key senior players these days are people like Hughes and Thorne. When you look to out other leaders, we've shipped out Martin, Shackell is mysteriously absent and Keogh is a whole other discussion in itself. We could really do with someone in the mould of Eustace, an older head who's respected by the rest of the squad.

We've got a squad of talented players but we need a couple more intelligent team players.

Agree completely. I do agree with people saying that this team has a weak mentality, but I don't agree with the idea that we need to rebuild the whole team. A couple of older heads will really help the team close games down.

PistoldPete2

Why is Hanson not on the bench. I see no point in having 5 forwards on the bench especially for a tough away game. Now im all in favour of positive play, but we had 3 attacking midfield players and no CDM. 

We also have 3 defenders out injured Shackell, Forsyth and Lowe.  So why no CDM to protect our defence at least on the bench?

Archived