Blackman and Ince

CumbrianRam

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are a fickle lot, no middle ground just love and hate, glad the love bit has come through. For me always thought Ince was quality, it must be difficult with not only the fans and manager in his lug hole but also his father.

Blackman has quality he has just smuggled to settle and I can see why, he's on his 4 manager already.

I have always been a fan of Chris Powell, I could not believe we got his as the AM. When he played for us and we sold him I was shocked but there you go. I for one still hope Pearson remains, these two (CP and NP) have work to do and I think they can do it. 

If you ever read the book on Steve Jobs, they talk about his elevator speech (if you could not tell him what you did by the time it got to the ground you were fired), does Mel operate a similar system?

6 hours ago, Ramms said:

As a creative midfielder who has cost us £4m I'd expect him to have created a lot more than 8 or 9 goals in a 50 game season that's around 1 every 5 or 6 games.  He must've played around 40 - 50 games with Chris Martin and I don't think he set 1 goal up for him.  

Remember he scored 3 goals v Bristol City in 1 game when Fielding had a shocker in goal for them.

With Ince it's all about him & not the team. Hence why when playing on the right he always looks to cut in & shoot, and often goes missing when Christie needs some to pass to down the line..

I don't have the statistics but I'm pretty certain that he created about 14 not 8 or 9 and I'm pretty sure some were for Chris Martin, although if not who cares?! A goal is a goal

Also 4 million is not what it once was, it's not a huge amount of money in today's market and we've had value for money so far with Ince imo, he's rescued a huge amount of points for us 

How is it all about him?! All those assists speak very differently, and tbh I feel sorry for whoever has to deal with Christies antics down the line- not sure I'd want to pass to him to he pumps it into the stand. I don't understand fans hatred for the man, is it just based on his dad or the fact he doesn't look happy?! Because the facts suggest a diffenet story to some fans agendas 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I don't have the statistics but I'm pretty certain that he created about 14 not 8 or 9 and I'm pretty sure some were for Chris Martin, although if not who cares?! A goal is a goal

Also 4 million is not what it once was, it's not a huge amount of money in today's market and we've had value for money so far with Ince imo, he's rescued a huge amount of points for us 

How is it all about him?! All those assists speak very differently, and tbh I feel sorry for whoever has to deal with Christies antics down the line- not sure I'd want to pass to him to he pumps it into the stand. I don't understand fans hatred for the man, is it just based on his dad or the fact he doesn't look happy?! Because the facts suggest a diffenet story to some fans agendas 

For some reason if a player isn't all happy-go-lucky on the pitch it doesn't matter how good he is. I don't care what his face looks like as long as he puts the effort in/gets the job done, look at the flak Berbatov always used to get. I won't hear anything against Ince commitment wise, he was breaking his neck getting back to cover for Christie against Liverpool, I saw that myself. 

I agree £4million is nothing in the grand scheme of transfers anymore, Hendrick went for £9mil (?) and I think him and Ince are of similar ability. If Ince had a cameo performance at the Euros I think we'd have been fighting to keep him too. 

Blackman I hope shows what he can do, he must show something in training. Has he started and played a full 90 for us yet in the league?

I was half-fanning it this week but a mate of mine who did go to Cardiff reckoned that Brad Johnson "...was excellent".

That must have upset a few on here.

I have been critical of Johnson and I think rightly so.  However, if he starts to play well I will be overjoyed.  I am sure there is a footballer in there somewhere.

Back in the 60s I remember Durban having a really crap season (66/67 I think) but then Clough came and he was excellent from then onwards.  Let's hope the same can happen with Bradley.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

I was half-fanning it this week but a mate of mine who did go to Cardiff reckoned that Brad Johnson "...was excellent".

That must have upset a few on here.

Johnson and ince can both play eddie but for sure they have not shown us a thing this season and both deserve to be on the bench , Will and Bryso need Johnson in beside them if we are going to climb the table rapidly

Ince whilst he can be inconsistent, whilst his head can sometimes drop a little easy and sometimes yeah sure he shoots a tad much (However If you look at last season he averaged 2.9 and is averaging 2.2 this season which is more than acceptable in my view, particularly considering his shots are normally from good positions and are decent shots). However he is one of the most talented and dangerous attacking players in the league, he is the only player in the squad that I'm absolutely 100% sure will get 10+ goals this season. Another thing people tend to forget about him is the fact he is only 24, so there is plenty of time yet for him to develop further and I'd wager with the right manager he'd be a force to be reckoned with.

On 27 September 2016 at 22:45, Millenniumram said:

The majority of his Derby career! Jesus Christ he was our second top scorer and assist maker last season and has won us countless points on his own! What do Derby fans expect from a second division player

Im glad I'm not the only one. Of course he's had spells when he's out of form, like every play if your not  Messi or Ronaldo, I really can't get my head around what the people who constantly moan about him want. Play **** but smile more perhaps?

On 9/27/2016 at 21:49, Ilsonram12 said:

He can score a pen, very confident

Which to be fair has been a rarity amongst our players over the last few years... Just my own tuppence on it (haven't checked the stats) but I feel we must have missed a disproportionate number of penalties in the last few years...

6 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

For some reason if a player isn't all happy-go-lucky on the pitch it doesn't matter how good he is. I don't care what his face looks like as long as he puts the effort in/gets the job done, look at the flak Berbatov always used to get. I won't hear anything against Ince commitment wise, he was breaking his neck getting back to cover for Christie against Liverpool, I saw that myself. 

I agree £4million is nothing in the grand scheme of transfers anymore, Hendrick went for £9mil (?) and I think him and Ince are of similar ability. If Ince had a cameo performance at the Euros I think we'd have been fighting to keep him too. 

Blackman I hope shows what he can do, he must show something in training. Has he started and played a full 90 for us yet in the league?

Exactly, i franckly couldn't care less what a players facial expression shows, it's what happens with the balk that counts and Ince is far from the greedy player people make him out to be, he can very much be a team man and the stats show this

I believe it was 10.5 for Hendrick which if true puts the fee of Ince really into context, Hendrick is nowhere near the quality of Ince imo and if we got that much for Hendrick Ince is a bargain really 

I don't believe he has no, he's really struggled to get started- hopefully a goal will kickstart his career here

5 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Im glad I'm not the only one. Of course he's had spells when he's out of form, like every play if your not  Messi or Ronaldo, I really can't get my head around what the people who constantly moan about him want. Play **** but smile more perhaps?

Absolutely agree with you, any winger in this level will have poor games, but I think Ince when on form, which he is as often as most wingers in this league, is a terrific player- I can't understand why fans can't see that, I guess they just have an agenda against him for whatever reason...

15 hours ago, Ramms said:

As a creative midfielder who has cost us £4m I'd expect him to have created a lot more than 8 or 9 goals in a 50 game season that's around 1 every 5 or 6 games.  He must've played around 40 - 50 games with Chris Martin and I don't think he set 1 goal up for him.  

You need to be careful with assists stats, it's really not a good indicator for how creative a player is, especially in a team that passes a lot.  For example, we get lots of cases where the genuinely creative part of a goal isn't the final pass - a brilliant through-ball, followed by a cut back and a tap in gives all the credit to a simple cutback and none to the through-ball.  And even so, the top assister in the league last season had 11 (Alan Judge) and Ince was only 3 behind.  I can't find stats for Ince to martin, but Martin set up 3 for Ince, which clearly shows the partnership is working to some degree.

I genuinely believe Ince is one of our best players. Sure if you stick him out wide in a flat 4-42 he will look anonymous, anyone would. Sure if you make him play out wide in a flat 4-4-2 he will get frustrated and not smile as much as some fans might like but what do you expect?

On his day he can turn a game and there are not many other players in our team who have the same skill set as him.

Archived