Blackman and Ince

CumbrianRam

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Clearly he's not totally useless, let's hope this brings the real player out in him. Not playing Ince was ridiculous by Pearson and tonight showed why, he's a brilliant forward

Get a grip. Not everything was Pearson's fault. Ince admitted himself to various Derby fans that he didn't deserve to be in the team after his display against Burton.

Just now, WystonRam said:

The cardiff keeper was almost on hs 6 yard line by the time he hit it too!

It was said in our house, if Blackman had missed that, it should have been retaken. 

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

The cardiff keeper was almost on hs 6 yard line by the time he hit it too!

If anything that hindered him. He was too close to the ball to react properly. If he just simply dived to his left, he'd have had a pretty good chance of saving it.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Get a grip. Not everything was Pearson's fault. Ince admitted himself to various Derby fans that he didn't deserve to be in the team after his display against Burton.

No not everything was, he was poor as was everyone against burton- but he didn't drop many others, Ince simply hasn't had the chances a player of his quality deserves imo, you may disagree but I think Ince is arguably one of the best forwards in the divsision

50 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Clearly he's not totally useless, let's hope this brings the real player out in him. Not playing Ince was ridiculous by Pearson and tonight showed why, he's a brilliant forward

Ince has been dire this season (b4 tonight) and for the majority of his derby career.

almost cost us a goal tonight too, when he chickened out of a 50/50.

Just now, jagerbob said:

Ince has been dire this season (b4 tonight) and for the majority of his derby career.

The majority of his Derby career! Jesus Christ he was our second top scorer and assist maker last season and has won us countless points on his own! What do Derby fans expect from a second division player

51 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Yes you're right there on that anyway, I'm going to defend him by saying he took his goal well and battled to get his shot away but prior to that he had been bang average at best possibly being carried.

Once he scored I think it's fair to say he upped his game, but it took the goal in the 2nd half to get him going. He could have gone off at half time, glad he didn't mind.

I think the problem with Ince is that he's a confidence player ! He has to have that arm around him , he needs constant re assurances that he's the main man . If he gets these he's fantastic , if not he might as well not bother . 

Regardless of what's said about last night's team selection NP didn't pick that team , he wouldn't have started investment with his performances under his managment . 

7 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Yes you're right there on that anyway, I'm going to defend him by saying he took his goal well and battled to get his shot away but prior to that he had been bang average at best possibly being carried.

Once he scored I think it's fair to say he upped his game, but it took the goal in the 2nd half to get him going. He could have gone off at half time, glad he didn't mind.

Let's face it, the whole team seems to be lacking confidence. Ince scoring will improve his outlook, let's hope the win is also a shot in the arm for the whole team.

Confidence can be a very fragile thing.

On 27/09/2016 at 22:45, Millenniumram said:

The majority of his Derby career! Jesus Christ he was our second top scorer and assist maker last season and has won us countless points on his own! What do Derby fans expect from a second division player

As a creative midfielder who has cost us £4m I'd expect him to have created a lot more than 8 or 9 goals in a 50 game season that's around 1 every 5 or 6 games.  He must've played around 40 - 50 games with Chris Martin and I don't think he set 1 goal up for him.  

Remember he scored 3 goals v Bristol City in 1 game when Fielding had a shocker in goal for them.

With Ince it's all about him & not the team. Hence why when playing on the right he always looks to cut in & shoot, and often goes missing when Christie needs some to pass to down the line..

Archived