Lack of Motivation

Raminphilippines

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two completlly differnt carectors ,i would rather the truth than the bull .the players are getting there coupance they have to accept the credit when hearnt and the truth when dreadfull. A kick up the ass can make a difference has done me well in the past. there suppose to be proffesionals and manager and players take credit and falls all the same.its the reserves that get jeed up so they learn. I did like wassall as he was derby through and through he should have got the assistant job to pearson to learn more ready for the next fallguy

4 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

These has been a lot said about the players lack of motivation. In my mind it is a managers job to motivate the players.

I feel you only have to watch the difference in these 2 videos to see the problem. Both videos when things have gone wrong. 

If you were a player which one would motivate you the most?

They are not fair comparisons though are they? Pearson's was immediately after yet another dismal performance, Wassell's wasn't straight after the game and was following a disappointing performance against one of the better teams in the league.

2 hours ago, curtains said:

That worked didn't it. 

We only lost 0-3 

People should stop scapegoating Pearson and blame the players  .

Wassall still has a good job at Derby by the way  

The difference is Wassall motivated the players to perform a few days later. Something Pearson seems unable to do, and if he talks to them like he talks in an interview, there is nothing there to motivate anyone. He sounds dull and bored.  

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

They are not fair comparisons though are they? Pearson's was immediately after yet another dismal performance, Wassell's wasn't straight after the game and was following a disappointing performance against one of the better teams in the league.

Good point but even straight after the defeat by Hull he sounds more upbeat. He sounds like he has a believe in the team that they can do it. 

25 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

The difference is Wassall motivated the players to perform a few days later. Something Pearson seems unable to do, and if he talks to them like he talks in an interview, there is nothing there to motivate anyone. He sounds dull and bored.  

Or was it Olly?

I always find this particular aspect of football interesting. Fans for some reason feel that because footballers are paid a relatively large amount of money that they should be sent to the stocks and face some kind of public humiliation if they underperform in their jobs. It is my belief that public admonishment can only ever be counterproductive and is usually the last acts of a manager in trouble. I run a small team at work and the idea of publicly calling out one or more of the team for underperformance would not only be morally wrong but also  would show a complete failure of my management capabilities. If a player/employee is under performing it is the managers job to find out why and to put in measures to improve the performance but this should be done in private. Pearson for me is a man under pressure and publicly flogging the only people who can get him out of this mess is neither wise or productive

I totally agree with you Spenno. I never criticised any of my team in public and actually had a low staff turn over whilst generally delivering on time. It was one thing about Clough Junior that always annoyed me- he was always naming names and I don't recall the named players magically improving right after.

39 minutes ago, Spenno said:

I always find this particular aspect of football interesting. Fans for some reason feel that because footballers are paid a relatively large amount of money that they should be sent to the stocks and face some kind of public humiliation if they underperform in their jobs. It is my belief that public admonishment can only ever be counterproductive and is usually the last acts of a manager in trouble. I run a small team at work and the idea of publicly calling out one or more of the team for underperformance would not only be morally wrong but also  would show a complete failure of my management capabilities. If a player/employee is under performing it is the managers job to find out why and to put in measures to improve the performance but this should be done in private. Pearson for me is a man under pressure and publicly flogging the only people who can get him out of this mess is neither wise or productive

Good post. He looks and sounds like a man devoid of ideas. 

1 hour ago, Raminphilippines said:

Good point but even straight after the defeat by Hull he sounds more upbeat. He sounds like he has a believe in the team that they can do it. 

Equally good point but I really don't think Pearson would have said the things he said yesterday if he'd been in the same scenario as Wassell was at that moment in time so, not a fair comparison. 

36 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Equally good point but I really don't think Pearson would have said the things he said yesterday if he'd been in the same scenario as Wassell was at that moment in time so, not a fair comparison. 

It is not so much what he said as his tune of voice and the way he comes across. I have not seen one interview with pearson where he comes across as a person that can motivate. 

20 minutes ago, europia said:

Not sure what this obsession with Wassall is? As understand he is good at his job as academy manager, is a friend of the chairman and had an unusually long stint as interim manager with average results. Otherwise there is no story here. 

Average results that got us to the play offs. 

It is not an obsession it is just opening your eyes and realising he was inexperienced yet still did a good job and he had a passion for the job and the club. Yes he made mistakes but he had an ability to turn it round in the next game. 

If only we had a manager now that could do that, we would not be near the bottom. 

Archived