Lack of Motivation

Raminphilippines

8 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Not too bad, got them promoted and kept them up, Chris Powell seems to just smile so you have a combination of both - we cannot change another manager we are slowly becoming a joke. 

3 goals in 9 matches is making us a joke. I would rather people joke about us firing managers than joke about us being unable to win. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Never said either. 

My reply is below a few posts that are discussing the concept of the squad not performing for managers who are a bit tough and robust. 

There's clearly effort on show, the idea that the players aren't trying is and always has been a myth IMO. There's a difference between effort and performing though and many of these players are not applying themselves as they should be. 

I don't really care if they don't like NP but whether that's the case or not, they've got to take on the responsibility of playing for Derby County. 

But how do you know they're not applying themselves? From what I've seen they're trying to do what they must have been asked to do. The midfielders are trying to act as pistons. Butterfield was trying to carry out the weird floating right-side role. They look like they are doing everything Pearson is asking them to do, as they did for Clement. It just isn't working.

34 minutes ago, cannable said:

But how do you know they're not applying themselves? From what I've seen they're trying to do what they must have been asked to do. The midfielders are trying to act as pistons. Butterfield was trying to carry out the weird floating right-side role. They look like they are doing everything Pearson is asking them to do, as they did for Clement. It just isn't working.

I disagree. Half of them aren't even doing the basics, a pass, winning a tackle, not giving silly fouls away, finishing in front of goal. There's no wonder we've scored 3 goals, we've been utter gash in front of goal so far and it's not like we haven't had any shots on goal. It's been well under par, every department. 

Judging by NP's reactions at times on the touchline, I'd argue the players are far from doing what he's asking. 

Maybe it'll all come rushing back if we can muster some confidence from somewhere but it's up to these players to up their game and get their selves out of this rut. 

2 hours ago, Andrew James said:

Not too bad, got them promoted and kept them up, Chris Powell seems to just smile so you have a combination of both - we cannot change another manager we are slowly becoming a joke. 

Not advocating moving him on. not because I'm a fan but because I think he put us into a hole with his last minute transfer dealings so no one with the possible exception of Colin would want to touch us.

Mel (or Sam if appropriate) I assume are managing pearson. makes you wonder how he comes across in interviews.

17 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Not advocating moving him on. not because I'm a fan but because I think he put us into a hole with his last minute transfer dealings so no one with the possible exception of Colin would want to touch us.

Mel (or Sam if appropriate) I assume are managing pearson. makes you wonder how he comes across in interviews.

Our move in the transfer window was poor, maybe NP felt he could rely on the current squad and turn them into World beaters. It does begger belief that Bristol City take 1 loan forward who has now scored 10 goals, when was the last time Hughes or Bryson scored  so all very odd. The only time we see Rush is a new local partnership deal, since Mel has taken over Mel seems to be the only Boss... 

1 minute ago, Andrew James said:

Our move in the transfer window was poor, maybe NP felt he could rely on the current squad and turn them into World beaters. It does begger belief that Bristol City take 1 loan forward who has now scored 10 goals, when was the last time Hughes or Bryson scored  so all very odd. The only time we see Rush is a new local partnership deal, since Mel has taken over Mel seems to be the only Boss... 

There's no "i" in team.

But there is "me".........:lol:

Archived