Beer Thread

Cisse

It's clear that @Turk Thrust has got a teeny dose of wrongendofthestickitis. At no time did @Steve How Hard? insinuate that the 'Brewed in Nigeria' Guinness was a variation or version of their West Indian Porter - just a different version of Guinness. At least, that was the impression I got from reading his first post on the subject.

Both beers are quite drinkable, in my opinion, but neither hold a candle to the stouts and porters produced by the best Dublin breweries,  Porterhouse Brewing and JW Sweetman (formerly Messrs Maguires).

• 2 weeks later...

Gouden Carolus Classic 33cl  2  €6.60 

La Chouffe Blond 75cl 2  €12.80 

Kasteel Barista Chocolate Quad 33cl 1 €4.15 

Straffe Hendrik Quad 33cl 1 €3.50 

Westmalle Tripel 33cl 2 €5.80 

Chimay Blauw 9° 33cl 1 €3.50 

Orval 33cl 2 €7.00 

McChouffe 33cl 2 €8.60 

Gulden Draak Imperial Stout 33cl 1 €4.25 

Products €56.20 inc

Shipping €14.00

Discounts €8.43 Welcome voucher for beerlover
Total paid€61.77 

On 20/11/2021 at 10:22, Anag Ram said:

I see Kimo formerly of Belgiuminabox has set up on his own. Nice selection of beers but beware of the shipping which doubles when you enter UK details.

I've used them a couple of times. Currently waiting for my first delivery from Beeronweb, consisting of the following:

• 1 x Gouden Carolus cuvee Van De Keizer whisky infused 75 cl
  • 1 x Gouden Carolus Imperial Dark 2021 75 cl
  • 1 x Trappistes Rochefort 8 75 cl
  • 3 x Jus De Mer 75 cl
  • 1 x Achel Bruin Extra 75 cl
  • 2 x N'ice Chouffe 75 cl
  • 1 x Gouden Carolus Indulgence 2021 75 cl
  • 8 x Tripel De Garre 35 cl

Total cost including shipping and tax was about £115.

Tripel De Garre is my all-time favourite beer. I would like to enjoy it in my all-time favourite bar (Staminee De Garre, Bruges), but I'll just have to make do for a while.

Public service announcement...

Lidl have the Brouwerij Van Steenberge boxes in again. I picked a few up on Thursday from Chilwell (ok, and Sandiacre.... and Normanton - I don't like to be selfish so I only ever pick up a few at any one shop), and had reason to go back to Lidl today (Chadd) to pick up some diced lamb.

Imagine my surprise when there were something like 40 boxes there. Well, it would be rude not to, wouldn't it?

12 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Wow I’ll have a look out for that. It’s good stuff.

No no, it's the same beer (just brewed on a larger scale and renamed) so you wouldn't find it anywhere now, I was just reminiscing of a time when BrewDog seemed cutting edge!

I don't tend to buy much from them now tbh, they have altered a lot of their beers to be more suitable for the supermarkets / general public and compromised in quality.

That Triple Hazy is an example, still a good beer but they've messed around with the original Hazy Jane (7.4% I think) and turned it into a brand of three different beers, none of which are as good as the original. Its corporate BS, can get a bit annoying.

On another note, earlier today I spent £30 on one of these

https://www.sudsandsoda.co.uk/product/cult-of-oak-lexington-11-barley-wine/

They've had a good Black Friday sale (goes until Monday night) with lots of beers that should be £7-8 reduced to £1-5 (presumably based on the best before dates) so I thought duck it, the earlier savings may as well contribute to something special.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Last week, I bought a case of St Austell Black Square Imperial Stout (I always buy a case each year - it varies from very good to excellent, and I always keep a couple of bottles back for posterity). I opened one of this year's last night - it is simply astounding. So good, I ordered another case today.

On 26/11/2021 at 20:30, Eddie said:

Last week, I bought a case of St Austell Black Square Imperial Stout (I always buy a case each year - it varies from very good to excellent, and I always keep a couple of bottles back for posterity). I opened one of this year's last night - it is simply astounding. So good, I ordered another case today.

Based on your recommendation last year, I ordered myself a case this year - and cracked open the first one to get me through the final 20 minutes of the Fulham game. I can honestly sat it's the most "stouty" stout I have ever had ... glorious stuff indeed !

Cheers