Beer Thread

Cisse

9 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Hope they serve longer than they did when we went to Twickenham to watch the NFL a couple of years ago (Bears v Raiders if I recall) - they stopped serving end of the third quarter, whilst we were in the queue. When we expressed surprise we were told it's NFL rules! 

I’ve never tried to get a beer at that time, we always get 4 each before kick off and 4 each at half time. ?

My annual visit to PP today . I haven't lived in Derby for 30 years so I'm not sure of the roads , but I'd like a pint before the match , is the Brunswick still a  decent place , or is there an alternative , perhaps a bit nearer the ground ( I'm walking ).

6 hours ago, Frogram said:

I went to the Brunswick , but was disappointed to learn that they had no Taylor's Landlord available . I had a pleasant walk to the ground via a riverside path , enabling  me to view  a previously unseen stretch of the Derwent . 

The tripel hop is nice

24 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Have you tried this @Eddie or @sage?  It’s a barrel aged Belgian stout.  It’s lovely, very sweet and moreish, but I can’t really tell the difference between a Belgian stout or any of their other barrel aged stouts.

BCB2C535-4498-44CB-92C4-A8CF626A3245.jpeg

It's quality but not as good as their Imperial Kirsch

3 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

One for the amateur of foreign beers. At the top of Normanton next to Lidl car park/Mill Hill corner, there is an new large eastern European Supermarket with a large range of Eastern European beers. The vast mojority  I know nothing about I must say. Hope it helps.

If they have any Kormoran beers, buy them.