Beer Thread

Cisse

22 hours ago, reveldevil said:

From the crafty crow, walk down over Maid Marion Way and call in the Ned Ludd, they normally have some decent beers on.

Ned Ludd as I type Reveldevil. Room With A Brew closed till 4, not what was listed! Appreciate the tip as it’s on the route. Beer fest on at the mo too so plenty to go at. Can’t believe how big Nottingham is. 

Bottles of Mittenwald Jager Dunkel, Schlenkerla Lentbeer & Schneide Weisse Aventinus Eisbock (12% version of their standard Aventinus) from The Alex as part of thier Oktoberfest event (lovely homemade German-style Bratwurst, Krakauer & Kasewurst offerings) followed by a bottle of Odyssey Simcoe DIPA at home. An extraordinary evening of beer & sausages.

Got talking to one of the guys at Ridgeside Brewing (Leeds), he also worked at The Alex in 2012 (ish) before moving over there and his brewery has been selected as the guest brewery (12 beers on) at The Dog in Burton's DOGtoberfest beer festival running from tomorrow until Sunday.

Edited by Coconut

• 1 month later...

Off this Friday night to Leyton Orient Supporters Club. It's the Christmas event and open to anybody. The Club regularly wins the CAMRA club award. This year it's being hosted by Mighty Oak Brewery with Christmas named drinks such as Yule Brynner, Wonkey Donkey and Pickled Walnut Porter. And free mince pies!

First beer tonight was Little Earth Hanseatic porter, a 10% wild yeast-laden baltic porter with umami and sour notes complementing the more traditional stout taste.

Had a Duvel Tripel Hop Citra (available from my local Tesco store for £2.50, not sure about others) at 9.5% which is, yeah, it's Duvel with added hop character - similar to when you have a Schneide Wiesse Hopfenweiss. Wonderful.

Finishing off (no, I doubt that too) with a To Øl Jule Maelk Rhum Edition which is a 15% Imperial oak aged Milk Stout that is so stunningly good that I'm thinking of going back to the shop where I bought it and buying the rest of their stock.

Edited by Coconut