Friendly or not friendly

Cook1988

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, europia said:

Amazing how many Liverpool, ManUtd, Arsenal, Chelsea fans there are in Derby, never really understood that one.

Agree, glory hunters.

I am sat in my office with two colleagues. One from Bristol and one from Glasgow (someone has to be) They both support Liverpool and have the Gaul to say that I should support a bigger club!!!! I had to point out that I support the team from where I was born and raised and not glory hunting like them.

I did get my own back when one of them (Bristol) said "Is the Derby match on the TV tomorrow?" to which his oppo (Glasgow) replied, "no not on tv".

Bristol then said "if they were playing a bigger club then it would be on TV"

To which I replied " I agree, if Derby were playing a bigger club then it would be on TV".

Went straight over his head.

1 hour ago, europia said:

Amazing how many Liverpool, ManUtd, Arsenal, Chelsea fans there are in Derby, never really understood that one.

..................................Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Hull, Doncaster, Aberystwyth, Canterbury, Penrith, Luton, Darlington and every town and city you care to mention in the UK. :lol:

Many i'd class as 'followers' and not supporters. Mate of mine is a Liverpool 'fan' (not from Liverpool, neither is family, never lived there and rarely visited the area ) and he's been to about 3 games in 10 years. I get the fact these clubs are always sold out generally but when some of these fans get an opportunity to go to a home game against say, Accrington in the cup suddenly it's too much trouble. He's had plenty of opportunity to go to games, including tonight but I guess he must be washing his hair or something.

I do have a great deal of sympathy and respect for those die hard fans of these huge clubs who go week in week out and did so years ago even when times were leaner and they get judged by other fans for being plastic and johnny come lately's. Those who just buy the shirts (from sports direct probably and not from the club shop) and never even make the effort to go to games relying on the telly give these fans a bad name. 

Support whoever you want wherever you live but just make the effort to get to games whenever humanly possible that's all. Obviously fans living in different countries are exempt. ;)

Of the top clubs the one I most admire are Liverpool. Can't stand Man U (even more so now that Moaninho is in charge) and don't care for the others. Like Liverpool even more now Klopp is in charge. Klopp is a great character and so positive. I'm hoping Liverpool can get close to the title this season.

26 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

..................................Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Hull, Doncaster, Aberystwyth, Canterbury, Penrith, Luton, Darlington and every town and city you care to mention in the UK. :lol:

Many i'd class as 'followers' and not supporters. Mate of mine is a Liverpool 'fan' (not from Liverpool, neither is family, never lived there and rarely visited the area ) and he's been to about 3 games in 10 years. I get the fact these clubs are always sold out generally but when some of these fans get an opportunity to go to a home game against say, Accrington in the cup suddenly it's too much trouble. He's had plenty of opportunity to go to games, including tonight but I guess he must be washing his hair or something.

I do have a great deal of sympathy and respect for those die hard fans of these huge clubs who go week in week out and did so years ago even when times were leaner and they get judged by other fans for being plastic and johnny come lately's. Those who just buy the shirts (from sports direct probably and not from the club shop) and never even make the effort to go to games relying on the telly give these fans a bad name. 

Support whoever you want wherever you live but just make the effort to get to games whenever humanly possible that's all. Obviously fans living in different countries are exempt. ;)

Of the top clubs the one I most admire are Liverpool. Can't stand Man U (even more so now that Moaninho is in charge) and don't care for the others. Like Liverpool even more now Klopp is in charge. Klopp is a great character and so positive. I'm hoping Liverpool can get close to the title this season.

I once made a light hearted comment about 'glory hunters' to a couple of Liverpool fans. One was from a leafy London suburb and the other from Northants. It progressed into a bit of a heated debate and then it turned out that neither of them had ever been to Anfield, their justification being that they had Sky TV subscriptions :D:D:D

One of my mates is a Liverpool fan even though he is from Derbyshire, they were in their glory period of European cups when he started following them. Fair enough I suppose, what I don't get though is his hatred of Man U which he constantly bangs on about.

liverpool will boss the possession resulting in a subdued atmosphere so B4 can live in hope! 

I also work with a Liverpool fan, he comes from somewhere near Lichfield and has only ever seen them play at either the Millennium stadium or Wembley, and that was because he got freebies. I will have my earphones in at work tomorrow night and he will probably ask me the score if he remembers they are playing.  

The last Chelsea game, we had some muppet straight from the Chelsea club shop, fully laden.. Looked a right prat. The plots up in the SW corner.. Was told to do one sharpish..

There will be Liverpool fans in home ends but as long as they shut up and be respectful, they should have no problems.

It is however very sad that someone even had to ask the question in the first place.

I went to watch Bath v Worcester at the weekend (Rugby).

All fans were mixed together. A lot of banter and great fun and drinks freely flowing on both sides.

Such a pity that football can't be the same as the atmosphere was both friendly and electric. 

59 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

The last Chelsea game, we had some muppet straight from the Chelsea club shop, fully laden.. Looked a right prat. The plots up in the SW corner.. Was told to do one sharpish..

There will be Liverpool fans in home ends but as long as they shut up and be respectful, they should have no problems.

I think most fair minded fans don't mind away fans being in the home ends although it isn't ideal. Not so however when the home fans are struggling to get tickets but if there are seats available then not too fussed. It's just when you get the odd numbskull jumping up and cheering when their team scores or something I just cannot comprehend. Why would you even do that?!! Emotion yes but really? Really?

Emotion plus a sprinkling of stupidity thrown into the pot along with a huge dose of disrespect.  Should be an interesting evening anyway. :whistle:

59 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Have you ever known a scouser being able to keep his gob shut for 90 seconds never mind minutes 

Archived