Why are we terrible?

wixman1884

Why are we terrible?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

I'd rather a slow start and a strong finish to a season, that would suggest that we're getting better, which would be a great omen for the next season, rather than a strong start and then faltering in the last third of the season because we couldn't adapt to teams countering  the style of play, as has been for the last 2 seasons. Of course though, there is nothing guaranteeing we have a strong finish, but we're not even into 1/5th of the season , plenty of time to panic yet.

What? 

So in summary, it's Chris Martin's fault?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think NP is quite a morose, rigid character and I can imagine he's quite an intense individual on the training ground. No facts to back this up but perhaps the players are caught between a rock and a hard place with him. They don't have the licence to nor has NP given them the confidence to go gung ho, something which Leicester did to amazing effect with great regularity mostly after Pearson had left. Ranieri did add players like Kante but he was relaxed and laid back with his management and encouraged players to go out and express themselves within a tactical framework of course. Our players look like they don't want to make mistakes. NP looks like a bloke who won't think twice about dropping them as we've seen.

This Derby squad is full of quality players give or take a couple of them without naming names, and no matter who we play against or what formation or what personnel whether it be Carlisle or Burton, 433 or 442, Pearce or Shackell - Vydra or Bent, we always look disjointed, confused and lack fluidity and confidence. We've got flair players to compliment our workhorses. We've got one of the best squads in the division. There is no divine right in football but this squad should not have 6 points and 2 goals after 8 league games.

We have better players overall than Barnsley, Huddersfield and Forest yet it is they who are scoring goals for fun and looking like they are playing with freedom and pleasure with a few expected set backs of course.

We play like we're frightened to lose and thus a draw is success. We're basic. We're unnatural.

It looks like Pearson is wanting to mould a team into his style. If you asked me honestly why we're so terrible I think it's because of Pearson but i'm fully behind him and the players. It will take time and be a longish process. My only concerns are what style will we eventually end up with and will it be successful? We won't reasonably know until the end of the season so we get behind him and the players until that point and if we're still talking about this then time to re-evaluate his position. A full season is more than enough time to see a trend emerge for how the manager wants to operate and to see improvement on what has gone before. Until then IMO it's unfair to want him sacked.

3 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Personally I think NP is quite a morose, rigid character and I can imagine he's quite an intense individual on the training ground. No facts to back this up but perhaps the players are caught between a rock and a hard place with him. They don't have the licence to nor has NP given them the confidence to go gung ho, something which Leicester did to amazing effect with great regularity mostly after Pearson had left. Ranieri did add players like Kante but he was relaxed and laid back with his management and encouraged players to go out and express themselves within a tactical framework of course. Our players look like they don't want to make mistakes. NP looks like a bloke who won't think twice about dropping them as we've seen.

This Derby squad is full of quality players give or take a couple of them without naming names, and no matter who we play against or what formation or what personnel whether it be Carlisle or Burton, 433 or 442, Pearce or Shackell, we always look disjointed, confused and lack fluidity and confidence. We've got flair players to compliment our workhorses. We've got one of the best squads in the division. There is no divine right in football but this squad should not have 6 points and 2 goals after 8 league games.

We have better players overall than Barnsley, Huddersfield and Forest yet it is they who are scoring goals for fun and looking like they are playing with freedom and pleasure with a few expected set backs of course.

We play like we're frightened to lose and thus a draw is success. We're basic. We're unnatural.

It looks like Pearson is wanting to mould a team into his style and i'm fully behind him and the players. It will take time and be a longish process. My only concerns are what style will we eventually end up with and will it be successful? We won't reasonably know until the end of the season so we get behind him and the players until that point and if we're still talking about this then time to re-evaluate his position. A full season is more than enough time to see a trend emerge for how the manager wants to operate and to see improvement on what has gone before. Until then IMO it's unfair to want him sacked.

So Chris Martin then?

Ive voted players are crap as i saw this as the best out of all the options,but do believe we have very talented individuals capable of performing well in this league as proven in the past 3 seasons.However ,irrespective of formations ,discord or unharmony in the dressing room or what ever disruptions the players may feel are affecting team performances ,they are suppose to be professional be able to pull themselves together and put in solid performances for 90 mins.Ok NP obviously has to take some responsibility and some of his tactics,team selection and substitutions have not been to my liking  but we have started to creaste chances and not score ! He cant put it in the net for them can he and  conceding late on today beggars belief, as does the goal we conceeded to the tractor boys.

I

It's obviously not Chris Martins fault or Keogh, and the jury is still out on Pearson. Anyhow I guess this post is a bit tongue in cheek.

I was always a bit bemused that previous managers were unable to change the formation with or without Martin in the team. Perhaps good strikers who can play with both there back to goal or facing the goal are too expensive. The Leicester striker Slimani looks useful, at just under £30 million....

They don't want promotion because nearly all of them will be out on their ear if they do.....oh dear, their big fat pay cheques at risk!  Other teams do not have a bunch of big time Charlies and play together as a team and are probably not on obscene wages, so the incentive to get promoted is still there.

Additionally, they are overrated prima donnas and i do not rate our manager either.   Well done Mel, you have played another blinder yet again.

11 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

They don't want promotion because nearly all of them will be out on their ear if they do.....oh dear, their big fat pay cheques at risk!  Other teams do not have a bunch of big time Charlies and play together as a team and are probably not on obscene wages, so the incentive to get promoted is still there.

Additionally, they are overrated prima donnas and i do not rate our manager either.   Well done Mel, you have played another blinder.

Do you really believe these players don't think they would be better off getting promoted to the Premier League - career-wise and financially? Bear in mind they are mostly experienced players or highly-rated up-and-comers. Quite a few internationals. Several with top-flight experience. All of them are likely to believe they're really good footballers, having been told they are since they were about 6. But we're supposed to believe that en masse they suddenly see promotion as an end to the gravy train, a frightening thing which will expose them as the limited players they secretly believe themselves to be all along?

I've known quite a few professional footballers. They have all been noticeably confident individuals. If they err it's been on the side of over-confidence. It's hard to believe a squad of them would sabotage their own career and financial progress out of self-doubt.

And to save Parsnip the trouble, tl:dr: Chris Martin.

We need a firing squad installing.  As in someone that has the guts to realise some of the recent purchases have been terrible and we need a clean  sweep and need to start again with players that have got some pride and desire to play for the club and not just see the ££ signs.

For me it was not bringing in Pearson as soon as we got rid of Clem. This period could have been at the tail end of the season, giving Nigel plenty of time to assess the work needing to be done over the summer. As it is, we're probably 3/4 months behind and in the teething stages now, rather than early this year. 

It's not black and white (forgive the pun), there are loads of reasons:

• Mel throwing millions and unsettling the applecart
  • Not over the Wembley disappointment and losing belief - integral players believing we're the nearly men
  • Players not adapting to new systems and Pearson not having the players for his new system
  • Injuries to big players
  • The anxious feeling around the iPro - our fans creating a bad atmosphere

I still think Ostrich man is the guy to take us forward, but for those who think it's a quick fix will be left disappointed for this season at least.  I just hope he's given the time by meddling Mel and our fans.

I went for Clement. They guy was a jumped up PE teacher a decent assistant manager at most.

We should have appointed Warburton as soon as we had the chance he was perfect to take the team forward at that time.

But that's  history a mini revolution was needed and NP is certainly on his way to doing that. It is a matter of time before it all clicks.

5 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

I went for Clement. They guy was a jumped up PE teacher a decent assistant manager at most.

We should have appointed Warburton as soon as we had the chance he was perfect to take the team forward at that time.

But that's  history a mini revolution was needed and NP is certainly on his way to doing that. It is a matter of time before it all clicks.

Yeah I get the impression it's only a matter of time before we spank someone.  We're creating chances, albeit not always on target, but I feel we've turned a tiny corner.  I'm feeling far too positive for a Sunday.

We lack any kind of consistency upfront (to say the least)

The balance in midfield couldn't be any worse if we tried. 

We're not playing to, what was, our strengths. 

We're still conceding goals. 

I have no doubts that if a manager wanted to work with this team then we would have been in the top six. I just get the feeling Pearson is hellbent on working against the team to suit his own methodology and it clearly isn't working. 

The lowest scoring team in the division are always relegated, without question. The second lowest scorers still have triple the amount of goals we do. I don't think this is something we can put down to: 'oh when it clicks, we will be okay' 

In summary, absolutely 100%, down to piss poor stubborn management ruining what was one of the best attacking teams in the division for the past three years. 

Archived