Why are we terrible?

wixman1884

Why are we terrible?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Change ,,, I blame change , whether you agree with Mel and Pearson making the changes is another thing altogether but we are not hitting the ground running  because we are making changes on lots of levels ,,,,, one of the byproducts of this is I believe we are gonna see will Hughes really kick on over this season , I believe we are going to see him evolve into a far more complete player and I think we will see that he can do far more than we give him credit for , I believe he will evolve into a far more rounded midfielder more than capable of playing in a midfield two ,,, finding the right partner for him is the next cog in our team build ,, that said whether we can keep hold of him will then become a real issue with bigger clubs chasing him in the way we have all xpected them to but never quite happened ,, I'm pissed off we are going backwards to go forwards ( hopefully) but will suck it up 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, archied said:

Change ,,, I blame change , whether you agree with Mel and Pearson making the changes is another thing altogether but we are not hitting the ground running  because we are making changes on lots of levels ,,,,, one of the byproducts of this is I believe we are gonna see will Hughes really kick on over this season , I believe we are going to see him evolve into a far more complete player and I think we will see that he can do far more than we give him credit for , I believe he will evolve into a far more rounded midfielder more than capable of playing in a midfield two ,,, finding the right partner for him is the next cog in our team build ,, that said whether we can keep hold of him will then become a real issue with bigger clubs chasing him in the way we have all xpected them to but never quite happened ,, I'm pissed off we are going backwards to go forwards ( hopefully) but will suck it up 

Yes we are playing either 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 , with two wide players. Team against Newcastle was very attacking with Wilson and vydra Anya and Russell. It asks a lot of hughes and Bryson... They've done well in the last three games considering but the risk is that either hughes or Bryson suffer burn out or get injured. Johnson or butterfield would not be much use in a middle two. I just don't think we have the players to go 4-2-4. 

It has to be " Poor Recruitment " for me. The money Mel let Clement spend last season was ridiculous in hindsight, especially as Clement was totally new & untested at being the main man in charge at any Club.

Then to sack him seven months later after allowing him such a free spending reign doesn't add up to me. Then when Mel was asked after Clements dismissal why he let him spend so much on new players, Mel's reply was " Well I didn't want him to have any excuses should he fail ". Sorry all that makes no logical sense what so ever to me.

As a Club we are now suffering the consequences.

4 hours ago, eddie said:

The criticism of late has been that we haven't created enough chances. Well, on Saturday we made an absolute hatful of quality chances but failed to convert them.

I think the green shoots of recovery are coming through.

Green shoots of recovery. I like it. Even if it's a little overly flowery, this dude is the Derby people's poet surely. 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Green shoots of recovery. I like it. Even if it's a little overly flowery, this dude is the Derby people's poet surely. 

Watch out, careful who you are appointing the people's poet. That phrase was coined by badger-lookalike Norman Lamont.

Come think of it, at the time his special advisor was a young toryboy by the name of D Cameron, so it might actually have been coined by ex-PM Dave himself.

One thing I thought about whilst watching a game on TV is how many players we deemed not good enough. Moved out and that are now playing in teams higher up the league than us:

Fielding

Ledzins

Grant

Byewater

Shotton

Martin

Pringle

Varney

Naylor

Ward

Barker

Bennett

Plus those moved abroad or wanted out because of our lack of progress: Hendrick, Brayford etc. I'm sure there are others.

6 hours ago, FindernRam said:

One thing I thought about whilst watching a game on TV is how many players we deemed not good enough. Moved out and that are now playing in teams higher up the league than us:

Fielding

Ledzins

Grant

Byewater

Shotton

Martin

Pringle

Varney

Naylor

Ward

Barker

Bennett

Plus those moved abroad or wanted out because of our lack of progress: Hendrick, Brayford etc. I'm sure there are others.

Do the same exercise at the end of the season, league positions are determined in May not September!

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do the same exercise at the end of the season, league positions are determined in May not September!

Really.. Who is lezdins playing for? Or by water? Or Bennett? Or Grant? 

Thing is I don't think we are "terrible."

Not playing well, missing chances, bit unlucky, occasionally lack concentration at key moments. ..Poor yes,  Not good yes but "terrible" ?

We were terrible during the PC slump .. aimlessly passing the ball across the back with isolated forwards, dull uninspiring and bereft of fight. That was dire to watch.

15 minutes ago, jono said:

Thing is I don't think we are "terrible."

Not playing well, missing chances, bit unlucky, occasionally lack concentration at key moments. ..Poor yes,  Not good yes but "terrible" ?

We were terrible during the PC slump .. aimlessly passing the ball across the back with isolated forwards, dull uninspiring and bereft of fight. That was dire to watch.

Agree, we are not terrible but not great either. Pearson is re building the team which will ultimately bring him success or failure. It's too early to be over critical, although I understand the frustrations.

Archived