Alex Pearce

CumbrianRam

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made a big difference having someone who could pass without having to stop it dead and take couple of steps away from the ball like a **** fat 8 year old in the play-ground. I doubt he's as good defensively as Shacks in the left hand slot, but its his shirt to lose now. Played well.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

So how come it took nigel this long to "see the light" as it were? 

I don't think it was a case of seeing the light . Just that shackell or keogh had never really given anyone an excuse to drop them with the amount of goals conceded but shackells distribution was appealing against Newcastle, therefore giving NP a chance to make the change .

Experienced centre half, did his defending but was able to pass the ball quickly and well most of the time

you can tell he has been a captain, leading Reading to the prem twice, a bit slow on the deck but he is very capable of actually scoring from set pieces if somebody could cross it close to him.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Can we perhaps play him cdm role so we can play huges and bryson futher up the pitch.

I have a fairly limited knowledge of the tactical nuances that go into picking a team, but I'm going to go ahead and say that the best person for a defensive midfield role is a defensive midfielder

Was a decent performance from him. One dodgy moment when he let the ball bounce in front of him and an Ipswich player nippeed in, but it didn't come to anything. So much better than Shackell on the ball. Can't see Shackell getting back in the team this way (and good riddance too if that's the case - we've been putting up with his inability to pass a football for too long).

7 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I don't think it was a case of seeing the light . Just that shackell or keogh had never really given anyone an excuse to drop them with the amount of goals conceded but shackells distribution was appealing against Newcastle, therefore giving NP a chance to make the change .

Exactly. He was livid at a few of the aimless long range passes that Shackell made. With the ball, shackell has been very poor. But tinkering with defenders isn't going to solve our shallow midfield or inept strikers problem.

Archived